Dr. Elena Fishman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Elena Fishman?

Childhood Asthma

Childhood Asthma

Have you seen Dr. Elena Fishman?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 5th, 2012

Impatient and belittling

Couple of things that made me unhappy with Dr. Fishman and makes me want to switch:1. As a new mother, my confidence level is low. When I ask her questions, I get the sense that my concerns are brushed aside as silly or unimportant. She always seems impatient and hurried. Her voice and body language convey that I am wasting her time.2. Her nurse incorrectly measured my baby head circumference and after addressing the problem with her, she was dismissive and said that a centimeter is such a small difference. That may be true, but it decreases my confidence in the nurse, and the doctor's. Yes, my child was measured again, but my confidence in Dr. Fishman's judgement is damaged! It's not the numbers but accuracy and getting the job done right13. After getting other doctors in the office, I noticed how patient and informative they are, by drawing pictures about my child's anatomy so I can understand better. Fully reviewing past visits and medications, thoughtful answers to my questions. 4. During an office visit, another doctor informed me that my child needs to see a specialist for a continuing problem. He stated, "If she was my patient, I would have referred her already." That says it all!Considering in the last two years, I have made over 25 visits to doctor's offices and about 80% of them are with Dr. Fishman, I think I am pretty fair about giving her chances and I am now done!

September 8th, 2011

We love Dr. Fishman!

As a first-time parent, I am sure I could try the patience of any physician with my endless questions and concerns. Dr. Fishman is always happy to put my fears to rest. She is caring, competent, matter-of-fact (in a very good way), and very professional. She is very flexible on vaccination schedules, breastfeeding vs. formula feeding, sleep training--basically all the controversial parenthood topics that have come up for us so far. You do have to speak up with her--she doesn't like to waste time and won't just hang around the exam room for a visit, but as long as you're comfortable being proactive about voicing your questions and concerns, she'll be a great fit. The way the office works is great--they can always get you in, including on the weekends, but you might have to see a different doctor on short notice.

July 29th, 2015