Dr. Elena Gurova MD Patient Reviews

3.9

no change

January 26th, 2016
Slow to report!
I have waited over a week and was promised by the staff that I would get a call back from them. I took the next step and call the office that I had the other procedure done, they had sent the report over the same day. A week later I am still waiting for results. NO Call. I went by the office to inquire about the report and they told me they had not received it and would call the other office and I would get a call back that day. NO Phone Call! Not to happy.

January 15th, 2016
Good Dr. so-so about staff
I have only seen Dr.Gurova once. My health insurance changed & was automatically assigned her for my PCP. I had called to schedule an appointment for the next day (last minute) & was told there were no openings but I could be put on a list if a spot opens up. Sure enough I was called that next day! I really appreciated that. Dr. Gurova was very direct, professional, straight to the point, listened to me, and she put fourth the next plan of action for my health. However when I had to call back for lab results I noticed there is no recorded voicemail, if they dont pick up (which happened 3 times out of 5) I wasn't even sure if I even had the correct number. I kept calling, no answer. Finally late afternoon I got a person. Very frustrating especially if youre awaiting important labwork. Amy, the receptionist was very nice in person at my visit but seemed to be not understanding why I was calling, focusing on my RX refill that required a urine drug screen that I had taken but the results were not in... I tried to stop her from explaining the process saying "oh it's okay, I don't care about that, it's fine, I'm calling about my blood work and imaging results ..." She stopped, seemed again frustrated & confused, asked me what RX I was calling about... again I explained I was NOT calling about a RX. Needless to say, I had over all a good experience. I think the answering system with the phones should be fixed, and possibly another receptionist to help take a load off of Amy?

August 11th, 2015
Her staff is incompetent and annoyed. Dr Gurova is attentive and patient. I appreciate her bedside manner. If it weren't for her staff, she'd be my primary.

June 29th, 2015
She is a no nonsense kind of doctor. She is down to earth and very approachable. We wouldn't go anywhere else for our healthcare.

April 5th, 2013
Fantastic physcian and staff
I made an appointment with Dr. Gurova after reading all the other positive reviews, and I was delighted to see that all the compliments regarding her were absolutely true. I arrived for my appointment, and was seen by Dr. Gurova within 10 minutes of my arrival. The reason she saw me 10 minutes after arrival is only because her staff weighed me and took my vitals. Dr Gurova has an ability to put you at ease, and I didn't feel at all rushed, and she seemed to genuinely care about my health. I've have visitation with many physicians over the years (as I am near 50) but Dr. Gurova is head and shoulders above my previous care providers.

March 14th, 2012
I have been seeing Dr. Gurova for a few years now. Dr. Gurova is always professional. She cares for my needs with kindness and compassion. I am blessed to receive care from Dr. Gurova.

January 2nd, 2012
Best Dr. in Cleburne
Dr. Gurova is one of the best doctors I have ever had. She will listen when you talk. She spends all the time you need. I love her.

October 13th, 2011
overall
I love that I can always be worked in if i need to right away. Dr. Gurova is always asking plenty of questions and making sure all of the bases are covered. She really is a great doctor.

July 21st, 2011
The doc and nurse are awesome, but Amy, the receptionist is rude and disrespectful.

February 11th, 2011
Dr. Gurova and her staff are GREAT!
I have been going to Dr. Gurova for over a year now. I have always been pleased with her and her staff. Her nurse, Barbara, is always cheerful and helpful. I would recommend Dr. Gurova to anyone. I like her small one doctor office. It's more personable and you don't feel like a number. Dr. G. is very caring and helpful.

April 28th, 2009
Offered refferral to pain clinic which I accepted. She also gave me a script of Vicotin to get me by until my appointment with the pain clinic. She gave me 30 pills taking 2 per day which would mean 15 days. The first appointment for the pain clinic I could get was almost a month away so I would need a refill before my visit to the clinic. When I requested the refill after 14 days, Dr. Gurova refused saying it was too soon. I have called numerous times with no resolution and I have encountered an un-caring attitude from the office. They are not listening to me and care not about what I think or feel. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.