Dr. Elena Ibe MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 18th, 2013
Simply the Best
I am extremely pleased with having Dr. Ibe as my doctor. Having lived in many cities, I had been to several different doctors over the years. None have been as thorough, as helpful or as personable as Dr. Ibe. Glad to be back in Charlotte!

November 13th, 2012
She Didn't Care
The staff is extremely friendly, and my husband saw a different doctor on staff there and had no problems. I saw Dr. Ibe twice. I went in the 1st time for a urinary infection. She prescribed antibiotics and it went away. Shortly after I started getting pimples around my bikini area. Very large pimples. I went back to see her because this wasn't usual. I explained that I had been shaving my bikini line for over a decade and this had never happened. I was also having problems with fatigue. She diagnosed me with folliculitis (infection in the hair follicles) and gave me a mild antibiotic. They didn't work and it kept getting worse. It was spreading. I called her to let her know they didn't work and she was just going to call in another prescription, she didn't want to see me again. At the same time, I was due for my yearly OB-GYN visit. He actually listened to me. By this time, the bumps had spread down one leg to the knee, around my hips and butt, and up the other side to my underarm. The skin around my labia was flaking off and "weeping." He said he'd never seen a more severe case in his own experience. He did a test and it showed MRSA. He prescribed the correct antibiotics and I got well almost immediately. But this 3 month process proved to me that I want a doctor who listens to me. I may not have a doctorate, but I've known my body longer than she has.

June 21st, 2012
My Physician For 6 Years
I have been a patient of Dr. Ibe's for almost 6 years and I would never leave her practice. Dr. Ibe is thorough in her exams and is particularly interested in making sure I am proactive in how I care for myself. She recommends supplements/vitamins that are age and gender appropriate and always asks good questions reagarding my health concerns.

October 12th, 2016