Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 6th, 2012

7/5/123135 Dr. Kamel is very well educated. Every time I saw her she taught me something new. She also is friendly and has a good sense of humor. Dr. Kamel is always late. On two occasions, I waited 2 hours! None of the other doctors in the practice make me wait as long. I was also very disappointed when I didn't hear from Dr. Kamel once I delivered my baby. A phone call would have been nice to congratulate me and to see how I was doing. After all, she was my primary doctor. Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield

May 9th, 2012

My most serious complaint is that I kept getting bills and private info (including info on her abortion) about another patient with the same name. Even after notifying their office they kept coming until I notified the fraud department of the other patient's insurance company! Um, ILLEGAL HIPPA VIOLATION!!!! Dr. Kamel is an evil troll with a God complex. She runs incredibly late consistently...Often I was left waiting over an hour even when I called ahead to see if appointments were running on time. She is unapologetic, abrasive and a shrew.

|  THE BEST!!!  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2012

In spite of bad time management, she still remains the BEST for me. Have changed 3 gynecologists until I met her!!!! Listens carefully, understands the feelings of the patient, calls back whenever I call her. ANd I had my baby with her after a miscarriage with another doctor... She made me beleive in good doctors :))

|  Excellent physician  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2012

Practice is large so I expect to wait...shopping is nearby and staff calls my cellphone when I am the next patient to be seen!Due to the fact that she's an excellent physician, I have no problem with this arrangement...

|  finally a good doctor figured out my problem  |  show details
Dec 10th, 2011

I have been bleeding for 9 months and no one could figure it out. Dr Kamel looked inside my uterus and found a fibroid and removed it. My periods are light and easy. She saved my life! So glad my friends recommended her. Great nurses and office staff.

|  Set aside 3 hours!  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2010

Dr. Kamel knows what she's doing...that is with the exception of time management. She has been running more than one hour behind schedule on EVERY one of my appointments. (Four, so far.)Why she and her staff can't lighten her daily schedule--even by one or two patients-is absolutely unfathomable. Personally, I find it insulting that I have to set aside so much of my day to accommodate her schedule.Did I mention that she's smart? Is that enough for you?

Apr 5th, 2010

Ive moved to Michigan State but still Dr. Kamel is my doctor. She is intelligent, pleasant, throughout, competent and dedicated doctor. I feel myself in good hands.

|  Worth the wait  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2010

yes, she often runs late but that's because she gives you ALL the time needed to deal with any issues, questions, problems. She is pleasant, focused, well-trained, very competent. I feel well cared for by her.

Aug 12th, 2009

This is my first pregnancy and I have had THE WORST experience with this group.I should have known this was not a good group when they messed up a routine papthe first time I went to the office. Also, I was told that my migraineswere not hormone related, and yet I havent had one since going off birth control.In the midst of fertility issues, I wasnt even able to see my doctor. I got passed to an RN for a consult and then Dr. Lui failed to show up to the HSG exam (which is a procedure at the hospital) and sent a second RN instead. After going to a fertility specialist, we finally got pregnant and were sent back to our original OB. Even though I had misgivings, I thought I would go with a group with which I was familiar. I saw my doctor at 10 weeks and havent seen her since. I am now 27 weeks along and looking for a new doctor after she failed to show up to my last two appointments. Since this is my first pregnancy, I wasnt sure what to expect, but I am pretty sure that it is a bad sign that in a practice with eight doctors I will have gone THREE MONTHS (that is one third of my pregnancy) WITHOUT SEEING ANY OF THEM, as I have once again been forced to see the RN. You are rushed in and out IF THEY EVEN SHOW UP!!!!!!!!Above and beyond the nightmare of the actual appointments, the schedulers and billers are awful. I have been called and asked to come to my appointments hours early so the doctor could leave early. I have arrived for the appointment on time and with the confirmation slip in hand only to be told that I got the time wrong (did I mention it was on the slip) and that I would be charged a no-show fee. The staff is rude and unhelpful at best. I have complained to the doctors to no avail.

|  Steer Clear  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2009

May be ok for annual checkups, steer clear for prenatal care. Lacks bedside manner, cares more about protecting herself. Failed to diagnosis me correctly and when positive results presented themselves, she did not follow up.

Dec 8th, 2008

Dr. Kamel is simply the best.