Dr. Elena Labrada Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Elena Labrada?

Patient

Posted on April 11th, 2016

Awful

Posted on July 18th, 2013

Dr labrada was awful and a complete waste of my time and money. She prescribed me 3 different medications that interracted with each other. She didnt even think to check that they would interact. She didnt consider the fact that she was wiping out my white blood cells too so you have to be more careful of everything. When i told her this, she was rude and defensive. When i had side effects to meds She was prescribing (which happened more than once) she said lets try it for a little longer. Not a good response when im gaining tons of weight from it or i have a migraine or worse im shaking because im hypomanic.

Highly skilled psychiatrist

Posted on July 22nd, 2012

I have worked with Dr. Labrada on many cases and almost all of our shared cases have felt comfortable with her. In witnessing her clinical savvy, I was always impressed by her incredible understanding of signs and symptoms of psychopathology and the was she could easily describe a clinical diagnosis, especially to a child. I give her very high marks!

Malpractice

Posted on April 22nd, 2012

I saw this doctor when I was a young adult. She knowingly prescribed me pills I did not need. My indifferent but financially caring parents were forcing me to get treatment for depression and sexual trauma. Even though I was not psychotic she prescribed me powerful anti-psychotics because in my quest for attention had caused to me to tell her I heard voices. She then treated me even more cruelly when she thought I labelled schizophrenic even though I was quiet and well behaved. When I admitted to her a year later that I never heard voices. She continued to prescribe me pills because I depressingly told her that people liked me better on them. She laughed at my stupidity although she half heatedly told me I should not take them but it was up to me. In my self loathing I continued to take these harmful substances for another year under her supervision. Like the other reviewer she was nicer to other people who came after me.

Abusive when no one is looking

Posted on December 20th, 2010

Dr. Elena Labrada was very rude to me when I saw her. She basically told me not to talk and that she wasn't my friend, and if I wanted actual therapy I would have to see a therapist. I don't think she treated everyone as rudely as she did me. I guess she either had a bad day or maybe she treats everyone indifferently. I noticed her being really nice and cheerful to the person after me while she literally put her feet up on her desk and snorted at my problems and told me that everyone has problems and that she could guess my problem when I walked in the door because it was so obvious. I found her manner truly unprofessional, and for someone who charges over $600 for 50 minutes I would have expected more. She also has the worst sense of humor which only she finds funny, usually jokes that are too over my head. She seems to do be in favor of doing racial profiling, in which she can tell what you're thinking based on your ethnicity, because it's all an ethnic thing. Even though she has the most ridiculous collection of multi-cultural dolls, I guess it doesn't mean much. She also did so many other bad things to me like give me bad medical advice, and complained about me (but I think it was more her stressed out from her own life than anything I did) to the male doctor that works in the same office as she does before my appointment was even over! I guess we all needed therapy, but only one of us was paying for it.I read a lot of good reviews about her but I think she is just one of those people who knows when to be nice and knows who she can take advantage of. So if you are white or have money, she will probably be nice to you. After all who would charge over $600 to really help people? And if you want to know something funny, she told me to drink orange juice to replenish my fluids after vomiting, which I did, and told her it made me feel better. I thought she was snickering when I told her this, but she didn't bother correcting me and telling me that she was just joking. Drinking orange juice is one of the worst things you can do. I guess I was dumb because it seemed like everyone knew this but me. Doctor jokes, Ill never get them, Yale medical graduates that charge over $600 bucks for 50 minutes are just too smart for me.Also, that is not even the worst treatment I received from her. Don't see her if you're at all vulnerable and in need of someone decent.

Posted on August 25th, 2015