Dr. Elena Ortiz Portillo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 2nd, 2016
I was treated by Dr. Ortiz when she worked for a mental health center and once again when she went in to private practice. A wonderful psychiatrist who cares and listens

September 29th, 2010
Dr.Ortiz has saved my life...
I have been to 6 Doctors and while they were fine Doctors -Doctor Ortiz is the best Doctor. she has diagnosed my Bi-polar disorder and put me on a mood stabilizer which SAVED MY LIFE! There truly are no words to describe my gratitude. she also diagnosed my ADD. My whole life I had dreams of writing a book and because of of proper diagnosis,I have finally written a book,actually two. I was also able to start a jewelry line with my daughter. Through her tender guidance,I can actually say for the 1st time in 30 years,I love myself even with all of my imperfections. I have a better marriage and my children are so happy that I am able to be present in their lives more.I am no longer in my room in curled in darkness. All these years of darkness-I even had a psychologist tell me I wasn't bi-polar. So I wasn't convinced Dr. Ortiz diagnosed me but when I almost lost my marriage and hindered my children's quality of life and felt like I didn't want to live.I had a few glimpses of what life can be like,I knew I wanted to live because life is beautiful and my children,husband deserve better INCLUDING ME. I see her now every week. she doesn't just prescribe she gives me techniques and she even made me a cd to help calm myself,she lets me lay down on her couch,I can even question her. she is calm and warm she truly cares.THE BEST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS.THANK YOU DR.ORTIZ FOR ALL U DO!

June 26th, 2010
Great.
Compassionate, thorough, perceptive and professional ... I feel very lucky to have found her, based on previous experiences with other not-so-good doctors. Even after discussing really emotionally painful issues with her, I always feel glad I did. She's a great combination of sharp and caring, I highly recommend her.

May 17th, 2010
The Best Psychiatrist
Dr. Ortiz is the best. I have seen many psychiatrists and psychologists over the years for my depression and anxiety. Dr. Ortiz is a perfect balance of a therapist who will listen carefully to me and offer constructive insights. As a doctor, she thinks of my overall health, carefully looks over my history with medications and prescribes what's needed. She is very professional at all times.

May 2nd, 2010
great doctor
made me feel at ease - when everyone treats me strange for seeing a psychiatrist, she erases it when i see her - non patronizing and very professional - not friendly and straight to the point. constructive criticisms when warranted. perfect for me

September 8th, 2008
Bad Doctor
I saw Dr. Ortiz for the treatment of bipolar disorder. She only tried a couple of medications with me prior to telling me I should see someone else because I wasn't seeing positive results. Why she chose to keep me on the same medications when it was evidenced they weren't working is beyond me. Why she was unable to try more than a few different medications before wanting me to see someone else suggested a lack of knowledge about the variety of options out there and her inability to find a solution, hence giving up so quickly. Doctors are supposed to give you hope and faith, not turn you away the minute they can't find a quick fix. Bipolar disorder is fairly common and should not be an impossibility to find a solution for. She also breached patient-doctor confidentiality by discussing my case with a third party close to me without my prior knowledge or permission when no immediate emergency was present. All of these things combine to create a doctor that is incapable of problem solving or of maintaining the very confidentiality that her profession requires. I have since found a great doctor who was able to successfully manage my symptoms and I feel great. I am grateful for this doctor, who restored my faith and trust in the mental health profession and gave me much needed hope I needed after a trip to Ortiz.