Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Hill
800 Howard Ave
3rd Floor
New Haven, CT 06519
203-785-4176
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  MSW  |  show details
by Julie S on Aug 27th, 2013

The menopause clinic run by Dr Ratner and Dr Minkin was the end of a long journey for me that encompassed the services of doctors from a spectrum of services including chiropractic and acupuncture, naturopaths, and ob/gyns. The clinic makes you feel like you are the only patient they have. They take the time to get to know you and answer all your questions. For me it was literally the answer to my prayers and provided me with answers and solutions that I had given up hope that I was going to find. I had suffered for years from intense menopause symptoms and I believe I am now going to be able to resume having quality of life.

|  show details
Oct 2nd, 2012

Dr. Ratner literaly saved my life. I had a very complicated fibroid the size of a basketball, it turned out to be benign. She was kind and most of all she always had positive outlook. I recommend her highly and can't say enough about her surgical skills, bedside manner and her as a person. It's amazing when you meet someone who is doing what they are gifted at.

|  The best  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

Dr Ratner was professional, caring, and very thorough as she explained the results of my tests and biopsy and the diagnosis. She was determined to get a better reading of the biopsy (this was a second opinion); her diagnosis after the reexamination of the biopsy matched the results of the surgery I had the following day. She gave up her lunch break between surgeries to see my husband and I. She never rushed us and answered questions completely. We had no "connections," but we were treated as if we were family.

|  VERY DISATISFIED  |  show details
Dec 27th, 2011

MY DOCTOR WAS TRYING TO GET A HOLD OF HER AND SHE NEVER EVEN RETURNED ANY OF THE CALLS I DONT RECCOMEND AT ALL

|  show details
Sep 2nd, 2011

Very delightful personality...very efficient...interested in me and made me feel at ease

|  Dr Ratner has a real gift - a great dr and great person  |  show details
by Laurie W on Sep 21st, 2010

I was terrified to have to get an endometrial biopsy today and was also very upset that I had to switch drs when I lost my old health insurance. I had a long-standing relationship with a wonderful gynecologist in NY. But I could not have been happier with Dr Ratner, who took the time to get to know me and talk about what we were going to do today before we did it. She was also sensitive enough to know when we had to stop - that the pain was getting to be too much - and move on to schedule the D&C. I feel very fortunate that mine was a seamless transition, from my dear Dr Lisa Dabney in NYC to Dr Elena Ratner. Because of her kindness, I am not even afraid to have the D&C next wk. I know I am in good hands. Smilow and Yale are lucky to have her.As for the wait, gosh I would hardly complain. Half an hour is nothing compared to NY, and they even apologized for that.Also, fyi - there is free (and very good) coffee in the waiting area!