Dr. Elena Schiopu MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

March 11th, 2016
The Dr. was thorough, knowledgeable and professional. She took the time to understand my illness and find a diagnosis and treatment. I am still in the early stage of treatment, so I am unsure whether it will be effective yet, but I trust her and respect her.

December 29th, 2015
Don't waste your time!
Probably the worst doctor I've ever been to. Basically says my pain is all in my head. Puts forth no effort in helping me with anything. Two blood tests in 5 years, and 1 x ray. Makes me wait over 1 1/2 or more hours past my appointment time. To me that's unacceptable. Basically pushes me out the door without any help or recommendations because my weight and blood pressure are her main concern. Even when my knuckles and foot bones are severely inflamed (her even saying so), let's push it back a year. Horrible bedside manner. Literally does not care about her patients. Waste of time!

November 25th, 2015
Disappointed
I saw Dr Schiopu for an initial appointment after my previous Doctor left U of M. The visit was unproductive and the standard of care was well below average. I was left in the waiting room for two hours as the support staff did not let her know I had arrived. She was scattered, rude and offered no helpful feedback. Five weeks later she sent an electronic letter that I might have PAH, a serious condition, and then prescribed medication that my chart noted I cannot take. If you have another choice do not go to this doctor.

September 8th, 2014
Quickly changing doctors
After waiting over an hour in the waiting room, this doctor wouldn't give me the time to explain anything new etc. Then continued to speak of how overweight I used to be. I have every sign and symptom of RA but dismisses it due to blood work not showing anything. Hadn't ordered blood work in 2 years. Diagnosed with something I've never heard of on my first visit without any blood work, xrays, etc. Considering I've been having some hope for a real diagnosis since 2011 from her, I keep wasting my time and money. Does not go out of her way to help you by any means. Just has enough time to ridicule you about what you're not doing. I will not be returning due to my last visit, as she walked out on me as I'm asking questions, stating she doesn't have time for anymore. What doctor does that? I feel she's just there for the money. Not caring in the least. Do yourself a favor and find a more caring, more humble Rheumatologist, especially if you want a diagnosis. I have already wasted enough time and money. If you don't have concrete symptoms and obvious signs, she just gives you a random diagnosis and doesn't bother to dig deeper. Stay away!!!

January 28th, 2014
patient
I believe Dr Schiopu is a very direct, yet caring individual, She takes the time to listen, explains the results thoroughly and tends to recommend simple, more generic therapies, first. I absolutely enjoyed the open manner in which she explained to me that studies showed that loosing 20% of my extra weight would reduce my knees pain by up to 50%. I also enjoyed the fresh new prospective she gave me into my central pain sensitization---which so many other doctors avoided to talk about, chalking it up to fibromyalgia. I am finally loosing weight, and even though I did not believe her at first, I feel amazing. I wish my primary care physician would have mentioned this to me earlier!

December 12th, 2013
Not really helpful
Although she takes the time to listen to you, she nags about weight, and other issues that are not related to Rheumatology. Focusing on the specialized care is what I'm there for. Once she"thinks" you could have a diagnosis, she looks no further. Does want to take the time to actually "listen" to your complaints because she's already made up her mind. This doctor seems stuck up like no one is worthy unless you are perfect weight, BMI, and other things my PCP is there for. The only good thing is she does go over xrays and blood work very thoroughly. Wish she'd actually help me instead of degrade me. She needs to be humbled a little.

March 28th, 2013
patient
Dr. Schiopu is caring, brilliant, and a wonderful diagnostician. You'd be lucky to have her as your doctor.

August 20th, 2010
Very Hepful and caring. Also went above adn beyond for insurance letter.

February 26th, 2010
Gifted and talented physician who genuinely cares for her patients.

January 14th, 2009
Comments about Dr. Schiopu/ Tishkowski
She is not a good Doctor for Fibromyalgia patients. She said they are introverted women who do not express themselves and hold everything inside. She does not believe in giving pain meds to fibro patients. She does not like what Lyrica does so does not give that. She will only give Flexeril. Fibro patients do not need this kind of doctor.

January 11th, 2009
I won't be going back to her.