Dr. Eli Finkelstein, MD
Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation), Pain Management Specialist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
Outstanding! show details Outstanding!
Apr 14th, 2015

One of the best doctors I have seen in a long time!

by Chris Clement on Feb 16th, 2015

Very arrogant and argued about my previous hand surgery until he read my previous file. He did not acknowledge that he was wrong. He has bad patient manners.

A show details A
by RED on Sep 5th, 2014

I or various family members have been patients at Resurgens for over 9 yrs from minor sprains to amputations they have always provided excellent care.. Dr.Finkelstein lived up to my expectations..Kara his assistant really went above and beyond in taking care of all my questions request no matter how frivolous to ensure that I felt not like a nomber with neck pain hut a person with feelings...awesome

wonderful, caring, and treated me like a family member show details wonderful, caring, and treated me like a family member
Nov 18th, 2012

Saw Dr. Finkelstein upon recommendation given to me by my friend. She was absolutely right...he is the best!He listen to me speak about what was going on and gave me a diagnosis and treatment plan that I was happy with. I have seen him subsequently for a follow-up and the second time the office was equally as considerate, friendly, and welcoming. I would highly recommend this physician. Thanks Dr. F!

Jul 22nd, 2012

Rule at times needs better bedside manner. Needs to listen more to his patients. And i know they have alot of patient,but there are alot of other doctors..Care about patient and listen to there concerns.

Jun 28th, 2011

Very caring and considerate. He thoroughly examined me for my problem and even drew pictures describing what my problem is. I wish there were more doctors as willing as he was to spend time and answer all of my questions. I am feeling so much better !!

Sep 22nd, 2010

Dr Finkelstein was great!!! I have been dealing with my back problem for years and have seen many docs but he is the first doctor to sit down with me and actually explain my problem and choices for treatment. He was genuinely concerned for my welfare and had a clear treatment plan in mind. I wish all of my physicians had the same bedside manner!

Aug 17th, 2010

This guy's priority is billing the patient and pushing for surgery. I never had the feeling he was trying to give me a true diagnosis. Almost like the auto mechanic telling you that you need $2,000 worth of repair when you may only need air put in your tires. How would the customer know? I got a second opinion to prove my point.

Jul 26th, 2010

Very compassionate and thorough. Fantastic bedside manner. He was able to teach me what my problem was and the treatment he advised rid me of all of my problems. I have seen a lot of doctors for back pain but he's the best!!!

Wonderful, caring, excellent knowledge show details Wonderful, caring, excellent knowledge
Jan 26th, 2010

Dr. Finkelstein is the best physician I have ever seen. He takes the time to really listen. He has excellent bedside manner. He spent a lot of time explaining to me my options for my treatment. He answered all of my questions. I ended up opting for an epidural shot. I have been cured ever since. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends. Also, his staff is wonderful, friendly, helpful, and attentive.

Very Pleased!!!! show details Very Pleased!!!!
by Stephanie & Richard on Jul 29th, 2009

I have to admit that after we scheduled an appointment March 2009, my husband and I were very skeptical and concerned with what our first visit was going to be like with Dr. Finkelstein after reading the reviews that had been posted on this board. However, it is now July 2009 and we can't say enough about Dr. Finkelstein and Dr. James. Our very first visit with Dr. Finkelstein resulted in X-Ray's. After review, he gave his opinion and told us what our options would be down the road if each scenario did not work out. The first four weeks was all about giving medications time to take effect. After that, it did no good and he got the ball rolling with an MRI. It was our choice to proceed with epidurals because we didn't want to jump right into surgery if the injections would help. Dr. Finkelstein administered the injections and my husband was very happy with him. Unfortunately, the injections did not help my husband in his case and we proceeded on with surgery with Dr. James. Overall, we were very pleased with Dr. Finkelstein in regards to his knowledge, compassion and interest. We will highly recommend him and will continue to use him for our family if we ever need an orthopedic. Please don't let the negative post keep you from consulting with Dr. Finkelstein. Stephanie & Richard

was highly recommeded show details was highly recommeded
by Angie on Jan 7th, 2009

I work in a doctor's office and the doctor I work for told me he was awesome and also a nother patient recommended him after his back surg. He said he was the best. I have been going here for about a year and love him. Great Doctor he was also a second opion.

Dec 13th, 2008

could use some work on bedside manner and "listening" - chose not to use for spinal injection procedure after meeting with him due to his lack of empathy and arrogent manner - may be very competent - will never know.

Poor Review, Poor Discussion, Poor/No Follow Up show details Poor Review, Poor Discussion, Poor/No Follow Up
Oct 15th, 2008

I saw this doctor for the first time, had an MRI and XRays done, and an office visit. I was interested in getting a prognosis/diagnosis about my back and neck which I've had pain for over 10 years. I wanted to know what was wrong, not get injections or medication. I did not recieve an in depth discussion about my condition and next steps nor another appointment with the doctor or a referal to a surgeon. This was a waste of my time,, my money, and my insurance companies money. I'm very disappointed in the service and no actions.

This guy is a #*@$ show details This guy is a #*@$
by pontiacshane on Jan 17th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Finkelstein could have cared less what my problem was and was so worried about getting to his next patient, he didn't bother listening to what I had to say. I have never been more insulted at the attitude of a "caring" physician more than at this place. I hope the other doctors here are better than this guy, but I have found a much more caring and understanding orthopedic doctor in Atlanta than this jerk.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
Not Recommended show details Not Recommended
by bjones6785 on Apr 23rd, 2007 on kudzu.com

In my search for back pain relief I saw Dr. Finkelstein. He took an x-ray, never an MRI, and missed the fact that I had bone-on-bone in one section of my spine. He was very abrupt and acted as if I was wasting his time. After physical therapy, accupuncture, epdidural shots, etc. I found Dr. Steven Disch and he fixed my problem!

Read Full Review at kudzu.com