Dr. Eli Avisar MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

September 15th, 2013
I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and Dr. Avisar took care of my case by explaining what my options were and finally went through surgery with no problems. He is a very knowledgeable , accurate and compassionate.. this is why I trust him with my life. I highly recommend Dr. Avisar.

June 19th, 2013
Stay away!
Horrible bedside manner, inconsiderate of patient's time, full of himself. And misdiagnosed my condition...I'm glad I got a second opinion and didn't have the surgery he was trying to push!

January 22nd, 2013
So disappointed
Would never recommend this doctor. He was too full of himself. Incorrect diagnosis which was determined with the post op pathology.

July 16th, 2010
Saved My Life
I transferred from a local hospital to Jackson Memorial. I was given a less than 10% chance to live with Acute Necrotizing Pancreatitis. I was told my only chance was to get to a university hospital and Dr Avisar Graciously accepted me to his care. Even being transferred to his care my chances of living were slim according to him and I always appreciated his honesty. He never lied to me and always spent more time with me than I ever thought he should (at I let him know that)His care and dedication to me saved my life on more than one occasion. I owe him and his staff everything. I would gladly recommend him to anyone. His bedside manner is second to none. He often spent over an hour with me just to explain everything to me and cared for me as a whole person and not just my physical infirmaties. Even during office visits he wants to know how I'm living my life (school, girlfriends and so on)he cares about me as a person. He will never lie to you just to make you feel better and will always be honest with you about your chances.

February 25th, 2010
I never saw the man earlier than 90 minutes after my scheduled appointment time. At my last appointment time, after waiting for 4 hours, I fired him. I left the clinic that day with all my imaging and the associated reports, all clinic notes, all lab reports, etc.

March 11th, 2017