Psychiatrist
1919 S 40th St
Ste 320
Lincoln, NE 68506
402-488-5765
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Jun 10th, 2014

One of the best psychiatrists in the area. Extremely intelligent, kind, gentle, and very interesting personality. I felt very lucky to be his patient. He was a very good fit for me; I probably wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for this doctor. He is well respected by nurses, which says a lot.

|  Shill NPD  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2012

Too quick to medicate. Prescribes samples wihtin 1st or second hour of meeting a patient. 'Misdiagnosed me. As he asks you about yourself, be prepared to hear at leagnth about Dr Chesen life, his role in the Nixon Frost interview, books he published,etc... To the extent that I wondered if he suffered from NPD. He strikes me as someone with his own deep issues. However, non of that stops him from being a shill.Please note the Abilify contact add that pops up when you click on the review Doctor tab. Then note that Bristol Myers somhow obtained a very nice headshot photo of Dr. Chesen. Its time for this guy to retire.

|  Mother of patient  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2012

Not sure if the super short assessment of my child was completely accurate. She was placed on the standard medication right away with no other options for treatment. Staff is very unprofessional. We heard the desk staff as well as the Dr. conversing about other patients (at the front desk) and their issues while waiting for the appointment!

|  Patient  |  show details
May 25th, 2012

He only prescribes pills that are shoved to him by the vedors. Takes lucrative trips with your money. Only accepts few insurance companies and then charges almost $300 per hour to let you babble to him...then he does hardly anything...patient for 10 years...so over it.

|  Simply one of the best  |  show details
May 18th, 2012

I have seen many different psychiatrists over the years, and no one has come close to Dr. Chesen. He is truly concerned about his patients and works tirelessly to find a treatment regiment that is the best for each individual person. I never feel as if he is trying to rush me out the door---he really takes the time to listen to me. The office staff is very professional and very good to deal with, as well. I recommend him highly.

|  Eli  |  show details
Jan 13th, 2012

I feel that Dr Chesen is very sympathetic and genuinely cares about me, although he tends to not remember what we discussed in our last meeting, but we only meet every 6 months. He is super smart and never talks down to me. In fact, I would love to have a conversation with him outside the office because I could then talk with him on my level. He is a very generous man and hope he never retires.

|  Insurance Companies go to man. Very predictable of his "paid" report.  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2010

Was sent to Dr. Chesen for a "third party, unbiased" evaluation. What a joke. He already had his report already done, except for my interview. It was very evident that he was being paid very well by the insurance company to give them the exact information that they wanted to try to deny my benefits. It a shame that there are doctors like this that their tactics are so predictable. Dr. Chesen, please do yourself and everyone that is trying to get better and have a fair unbiased evaluation performed, a big favor and retire. I am really offended by your report and your services. I think Dr. Chesen needs to be investigated by the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology. I wonder how you can give a 10 min test and call it a true evaluation. He does not report all that you say, on parts of it that will benefit the insurance company. If you are going to be an expert, report all what a person say, be a professional. Do not make it as obvious that you are on the take with the insurance company. The funny part about Dr. Chesen was that he actual tried to discredit other credible doctors, in order side with the insurance company. Failed attempt on your Dr. Chesen. Shame on you. Retire and focus on your art work.

Apr 16th, 2010

Very rude doctor. Did not remember what we talked about from visit to visit. We set up a plan and then he was angry when I was following it even though he didn't remember what we talked about. If you just want drugs and do not want to have a hand in your own treatment this is the guy for you.

|  Bi-polar  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2009

Dr. Chesen is an excellent Dr. with so many talents. What a great doc I have. I would recommend him, but then I wouldn't get an appointment! He is awesome!

Nov 25th, 2008

Dr. Chesen is the best Dr. I have even been treated by in my life. I wouldn't know where to turn if he ever quit! I have been a patient of his for over 10 years! Thanks for everything you do! He has an interest in everything I do!