Dr. Eli Chesen MD Patient Reviews

3.4

February 5th, 2016
He was outstanding.

January 16th, 2015
I was evaluated by this Dr. for a workman's comp case. Hired by the insurance company to do an assessment of my mental health following a severe back injury that was not getting better despite 3 surgeries. He is a paid assassin for insurance companies. His report was totally skewed, inaccurate, and not truthful. he manipulates facts to make the patient look bad. he has no regard for what damage he causes to families when he gives his "opinion" about people. He claimed there was no medical evidence I my case to support why I wasn't getting better and I would not get better until my case reached a settlement. when in fact at the time of his interview with me I had a huge herniation to my disk again and required a fourth surgery. he spent a total of maybe 90 minutes with me, never making eye contact and tapping away on his computer. This guy is a total clown!!

December 21st, 2014
To old to practice medicine
To old to be practicing medicine not up on current medications. Just gives you whatever and leaves you hanging.

June 10th, 2014
One of the best psychiatrists in the area. Extremely intelligent, kind, gentle, and very interesting personality. I felt very lucky to be his patient. He was a very good fit for me; I probably wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for this doctor. He is well respected by nurses, which says a lot.

August 12th, 2012
Shill NPD
Too quick to medicate. Prescribes samples wihtin 1st or second hour of meeting a patient. 'Misdiagnosed me. As he asks you about yourself, be prepared to hear at leagnth about Dr Chesen life, his role in the Nixon Frost interview, books he published,etc... To the extent that I wondered if he suffered from NPD. He strikes me as someone with his own deep issues. However, non of that stops him from being a shill.Please note the Abilify contact add that pops up when you click on the review Doctor tab. Then note that Bristol Myers somhow obtained a very nice headshot photo of Dr. Chesen. Its time for this guy to retire.

August 3rd, 2012
Mother of patient
Not sure if the super short assessment of my child was completely accurate. She was placed on the standard medication right away with no other options for treatment. Staff is very unprofessional. We heard the desk staff as well as the Dr. conversing about other patients (at the front desk) and their issues while waiting for the appointment!

May 25th, 2012
Patient
He only prescribes pills that are shoved to him by the vedors. Takes lucrative trips with your money. Only accepts few insurance companies and then charges almost $300 per hour to let you babble to him...then he does hardly anything...patient for 10 years...so over it.

May 18th, 2012
Simply one of the best
I have seen many different psychiatrists over the years, and no one has come close to Dr. Chesen. He is truly concerned about his patients and works tirelessly to find a treatment regiment that is the best for each individual person. I never feel as if he is trying to rush me out the door---he really takes the time to listen to me. The office staff is very professional and very good to deal with, as well. I recommend him highly.

January 13th, 2012
Eli
I feel that Dr Chesen is very sympathetic and genuinely cares about me, although he tends to not remember what we discussed in our last meeting, but we only meet every 6 months. He is super smart and never talks down to me. In fact, I would love to have a conversation with him outside the office because I could then talk with him on my level. He is a very generous man and hope he never retires.

December 21st, 2010
Ms.
Dr. Chesen is extremely professional, engaging, has a good sense of humor and is brilliant in his field. After spending only 20 minutes with him duri ...

September 24th, 2010
Insurance Companies go to man. Very predictable of his "paid" report.
Was sent to Dr. Chesen for a "third party, unbiased" evaluation. What a joke. He already had his report already done, except for my interview. It was very evident that he was being paid very well by the insurance company to give them the exact information that they wanted to try to deny my benefits. It a shame that there are doctors like this that their tactics are so predictable. Dr. Chesen, please do yourself and everyone that is trying to get better and have a fair unbiased evaluation performed, a big favor and retire. I am really offended by your report and your services. I think Dr. Chesen needs to be investigated by the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology. I wonder how you can give a 10 min test and call it a true evaluation. He does not report all that you say, on parts of it that will benefit the insurance company. If you are going to be an expert, report all what a person say, be a professional. Do not make it as obvious that you are on the take with the insurance company. The funny part about Dr. Chesen was that he actual tried to discredit other credible doctors, in order side with the insurance company. Failed attempt on your Dr. Chesen. Shame on you. Retire and focus on your art work.

April 16th, 2010
Very rude doctor. Did not remember what we talked about from visit to visit. We set up a plan and then he was angry when I was following it even though he didn't remember what we talked about. If you just want drugs and do not want to have a hand in your own treatment this is the guy for you.