Dr. Eli Hendel MD Patient Reviews

• Pulmonary Disease Glendale, CA

2.6

October 1st, 2015
Still short of breath
Staff was rude and incompetent. Dr. Hendel's care was equal to a local urgent care doctor on a good day. I would not consider him equivalent to a pulmonary specialist. If you need a good pulmonary specialist, go elsewhere. Don't waste your time with him.

July 1st, 2015
WARNING! Stay away from this guy!!
I went in to Dr. Hendel on a referral for my breathing difficulties I was experiencing. He never gave me any breathing tests of any kind, just put a stethoscope on me and said I probably had sleep apnea. His phone rang, he excused himself and left the room. He came back and said it was his wife, they were late for lunch. He stood by the door, I asked how do I get treatment for sleep apnea, he said his nurse will make appt. (they never did). This was the most unprofessional smuck "doctor" I have ever ran accross. Stay away from this guy!!

May 15th, 2012
RUN , DON'T WALK FROM THIS DOCTOR AND HIS LOUSY STAFF!
Oh my God. Run don't walk. The MEDICAL ASSISTANTS in Dr. Hendel's office are beyond idiots.In the 57 years of life I have lived, I have NEVER had a worse experience.I am an R.N. , and for some reason these wanna bee nurses, in Dr. Hendel's office are total dummies! It started with the making of the appointment. The girls at my primary care's Dr.'s office, tried to get me in before 6 weeks, because I COULDN'T BREATH, and one girl told her they would get me an appointment in 2 weeks. So when I called the office, the girl said, "I never said that" Then after 6 weeks when I called to confirm my appointment the next day, the girl said, "Oh we don't have you down" Unbelievable. Some girl argued with me, saying I never made an appointment, and I did.Then the girl had the nerve to tell me, that I could come in , but I may have to wait a long time. Then when I finally got in to see the doctor, this ding dong, tries to take my blood pressure with a small cuff, when I needed a big cuff. I told her that it would read to high, and she just rolled her eyes up in her head. This MEDICAL ASSISTANT, who probably had 6 months or less of training, was telling me a Registered Nurse, and a B.S. degree, that I didn't know what I was talking about, and that I didn't know my own body. Then finally in walks Dr. Hendel. He had somebody he was training, and he didn't even introduce her to me, and tell me who she was. And on top of it, he took his sweet time in closing the door , so that everyone and their dog could hear my problems. His bedside manner was so, so. Could have used a lot of improvement. Anyway, he put in for a chest x ray, blood work, and some breathing tests to my medical insurance. Well the blood work I got right away, but of course, the girls screwed up on the chest x-ray, and NEVER ORDERED IT. Then my insurance company denied these breathing tests, and of course, the girls did not think outside the box, to get the records from my primary doctor, and the meds I had been on for 2 months already for breathing issues. Then my labs came back , in about 2 weeks, but I had to practically threaten the doctor to get my results. Some ding dong girl in the office said, "Well, your insurance company hasn't approved a follow up visit, so I can't give you your labs. "I SAID, WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? SO NOW YOU ARE HOLDING MY LABS HOSTAGE" I asked ding dong office girl, did you tell Dr. Hendel that the labs were in, and did you tell him the situation and ask him to call me and tell me my lab results???? The office girl said, "No" Oh brother that was the last straw! After I yelled at her, a bit, and told her she was holding my Labs hostage, finally Dr. Hendel called me. Geeesh, this was the worst, absolutely the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor and his staff! He must pay those girls minimum wage, because they are AWFUL! RUN DON'T WALK FROM THIS DOCTOR!

May 10th, 2012
Good Doctor
Dr Hendel spends as much time as is needed. Sometimes the appointment is short, and when needed it is longer. Sometime you wait because he is spending time with someone who needs his time. His office staff could be better.

June 30th, 2011
Yucky, what a doctor
This doctor doesn't care about his patients at all. Every time I go to see him, I feel like I am doing something wrong. He doesn't care about his patients. What a stress. The wait time is awful, staff is horrible. Trying to change him.

April 5th, 2011
The Very Best Doctor
I can't say enough about Dr.Hendel and his entire staff. He was my father's doctor for over 20 years and was with my family and father at the time of his death. He isn't very warm and fuzzy, but I wouldn't want anyone I loved going to anyone else. I changed my primianry to him immediately when I saw first hand the care he gave my father. I recommend him to everyone. I just can't sing his praises enough and I know by his patient relations I am not alone.

March 16th, 2011
Horrible experience
Every time I went to their office I felt very disgusted and disappointed. Waited more than hour, people in waiting room very all sick and coughing so i always waited outside the room. Majority were old people. Doctor didn't spend time with me, he came asked couple general questions and left, then I have been recommended with some general suggestions.

March 16th, 2011
Worst Experience Ever!
I've been with this doctor for about 2 years and each and every experience seems to be even worse than the previous one. I finally changed my doctor today! First, his staff is horrible! They are rude, don't return your calls, don't care about you, and give you attitude. I left 6 voicemails asking for an emergency call back and it was not until I threatened to complain to the doctor and come into their office and make a scene that they actually called me back! Second, if you make an appointment be prepared to wait over an hour! I'm a young patient and they would admit ALL the older people before me even if I had been waiting long before they came. Third, the doctor himself just doesn't care. I've begged him to refer me to a specialist for my thyroid problem and he hasn't. He gave me medication that was way too strong and I almost passed out on several occasions until I decided to cut the dosage myself. There is ZERO follow up and he only sees you for 5-8 minutes quickly half answering your questions. Oh, and there is ZERO discussion of your results! They have you make a NEW appointment if you want to get your lab results, wait for an hour again, and the doctor doesn't even discuss them with you! They are happy and quick to bill your insurance for money but don't care about you or your health and well being at all. In short, don't go to this doctor. It will be a disappointing experience all around!

July 29th, 2010
He talks down to me
Dr. Hendel seems competent, but fails to treat the patient in a caring or considerate manner. In my case, he told me I couldn't change a setting on my machine (it is a hidden setting) after I already had without considering that no one would have otherwise had I not done it myself. Therefore, I would have still been suffering. I'd rather see someone else.

February 8th, 2010
Terrible
Rude and unprofessional staff and Dr. couldn't care less for his patients. Exams are as quick as he can make them and absolutely no follow up on exams or lab work. I do not recommend this doctor at all.

September 8th, 2009
office visit
he tells you what the problem is but does not give and answer or an accurate answer. you wait one hour and he see's you only 7 minutes and you have to ask questions fast, otherwise he stands by the door like he wants to leave.he sees mostly older people, he's staff is also moody at times, and seems tired and overworked.but i always feel like i have to rush, rush asking questions and he's the one that should tell you the anwers automatically, i should not sit and think about the important things.