inactive

• Family Medicine King Of Prussia, PA

2.4

June 13th, 2015
Not a surprise.
I've been out of PA for several years, not surprised to read the reviews on Dr. Karkalas. He had a wonderful practice 20 yrs ago , Wow I guess the Dr's he worked with were on to Something!

February 22nd, 2015
Sadly missed
I miss the personal attention I got in this office by the staff, especially by Diane . I hope Dr Karkalas realizes how many people were hurt by his actions.

July 20th, 2013
Great doctor
I think dr karkalas is a great doctor...he 's extremely intelligent and has helped me with any issue I've had..I would recommend him to anyone..

November 21st, 2012
Good Doctor with rude office staff
I found the doctor good but their office staff is very rude. They don't want to help the patient. Apart from that, they show very rude body language instead of helping you. They never call u to tell you the result of reports. You have to keep calling them. Overall, not recommended.

June 15th, 2012
Takes time to explain condition and treatment
Won't win any personality contests. I believe he thinks he is witty. As long as I get good medical care, I'm good with it.

March 26th, 2012
Excellent doctor
Dr. K is an excellent, intelligent doctor. He does write a lot of prescriptions. Some of people who work there are rude, but not all of them and not all of the time. He is very serious, but I am not going there to shoot the breeze. Once in a while, I've had to wait a long time to see him, but it's like that with almost very doctor.

August 19th, 2011
PLEASE DONT COME HERE
I REALLY WISH I COULD MAKE FLYERS TO STRESS MY POINT. KARKALAS IS NOT A GOOD DOCTOR AT ALL. I AM BEGGING ANYONE WHO READS THIS AND TO PLEASE PASS THE WORD AROUND TO NOT COME HERE. EVEN IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO IS ALREADY SEEING THIS DOCTOR TELL THEM TO GO ELSE WHERE....PLEASE. IF YOU WANT TO SAVE YOUR LIFE, FAMILY AND FRIENDS.... COMPLETE STRANGERS YOU SEE....PLEASE INFORM THEM. MY FAMILY AND I HAVE REPORTED HIM AND STILL NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE. THIS DOCTOR IS A DANGER TO ANYONE HE PROVIDES MEDICAL CARE TO.

August 15th, 2011
He has really fallen off the wagon!
We've been seeing Dr. Karkalas since 2001. We were extremely satisfied with his services until about 2 years ago (2009). His front desk staff was very rude to clients both waiting in the waiting room and the ones calling on the phone. My husband and I were both uphauled at the way they spoke to the clients on many occassions. We used to brag about Dr. Karkalas's follow up, as he would even be known to call late on a Sunday night to touch base. For the past two years he has been completely unresponsive to questions and provides no response to requests and no longer gives any follow up. When we lost our health insurance due to job loss, we tried to reach him regarding the fact that I could no longer afford the FIVE anti-depressant medications that he had prescribed me. We made it clear that we needed to speak with him immediately, but his lack of response caused me to come off all five medications at once, cold turkey, putting me through severe withdrawal for two months. We have finally gotten fed up with the way things have been for the last two years and have decided to find another Family Practitioner. However, he has refused to respond to our request for medical records for over SIX MONTHS, making it impossible for another doctor to see us. He now also has our records locked in a place where his staff can't even get to them and copy them for us. We have now sought legal counsel and will be serving him with a court order to release our records. It should not have gone this far.

March 6th, 2011
a good doctor but.........
The wait to see the Dr. is way too long.However, he seems to know medicine. Healways gives me an answer to all of my questions and always gives me an accurate diognosis. So, i quess the wait is worth it. His office manager/nurse has always been good to me and my children. I have alot of trust/faith in her as well. The rest of the staff is good/friendly. My scripts/referrals are always put thru in a timely manner,

February 2nd, 2011
Dont waste your time....PLEASE
First off, I need to say that the staff here is great! Very helpful (as much as they are allowed). But the doctor and nurse/ office manager (which ever one she feels like being at the time)are horrible. The nurse is very rude, especially over the telephone.She even hung up on me twice. This doctor, even more horrible. He does not care about his patients or staff. I've been seen there plenty of times and every time there was a wait. The longest I've waited was 1hr30min. That is crazy! I even been there while he is yelling like a crazy man. Saying that patients being there was B.s. After that, I made sure not to come back.I dont want to find out what else he thinks. Any doctor who thinks that way of his patients should no longer be in practice.

November 20th, 2010
Rude and Incompetent Staff
The office manager for this doctor has the worst manners and should not be in health care services.

September 12th, 2010
The truth
Dr. K is the worst doctor ever. I feel bad for his staff because they have to put up with him. They can only do so much and the doctor does not care. There is no patient-dotor communication and no trust to be built. He is very intellegent; however, he does't care enough about the patient to put any of it to use. I would definitely not recommend him to anyone.