Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile
Hill
Yale University
800 Howard Ave
New Haven, CT 06519
203-785-7656
Locations and availability (6)

2.0

|  Worst doctor ever.  |  show details
by M. on Aug 2nd, 2014

I'm really sorry that I had to do this but it's gone to the point where it's just simply unbearable and unnecessary at this point. I've seen this doctor three times now for ear problems. Literally the second You see him it feels like you're immediately wasting his time... It's like I'm sorry that you get paid to compassionately help people with their problems. Let me tell you I drove an hour to get to my appointment after waiting two months for a referral. He walked in basically rolled his eyes picked his teeth ...whilst I was was describing my pain to him... The "" appointment lasted less than seven minutes. I would literally rather curl up and roll around with my swollen ears than go back to that pompous or lack of better word a$$ .

Feb 27th, 2013

Totally Rude and Unprofessional. Very cold. Was uninterested in my situation. Told me he didn't know what was wrong with me and dismissed my like I was a piece of trash. Sent in his "neurologist" to look at me who was worse than him- a joke!- His neurologist told me to move my hands and then to follow his movement of his finger with my eyes- NEVER looked into my ears once or asked me about them! Then he too dismissed me after 2 minuets. Isn't Michaelides supposed to be an "Oto-NEUROLOGIST", guess he just wants the paycheck associated with that title. Didn't return phone calls that I left regarding my debilitating pain.

Jan 31st, 2013

Dr Michaelidis is Arrogant...Rude.... Spoke to my 82 yr old mother with sarcasm and actually brought her to tears. Those who had great experience - cant believe we're speaking of the same person! Will not return phone calls - its been 48 hrs. Called office again only to be told by Karen that the doctor was simply not available yesterday and she's doing 2 jobs... Then she promised we'd get a call that afternoon. That was yesterday. Nothing. Unacceptable. Unprofessional. Next call is to the office of the pres.

Jun 6th, 2012

I had my ear problem for11/2 years and Dr Michaelides was my 5 th doctor. I am so glad to write that my ears are so much better after less than a week of treatment. Thanks to Dr. Michaelides dmoniz

|  Knows a tremendous amount about Patulous Eustachian Tube  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2011

Excellent doctor in this field and a true pioneer in treating PET.People travel from all over the country for his expertise in this rare condition. Highly recommend! Truly cares about your condition, progress and is an amazing surgeon.

|  Mr. Doesnt know anything..  |  show details
May 16th, 2011

Coms off like he knows everything in his field but he clearly doesnt when he misdiagnosed me after 5 different doctors confirmed on a correct diagnosis.. this dr. doesnt know what he is doing and whats worse is he has students working on patients..

Mar 1st, 2011

Dr. M is the best - he really listens to my concerns and answers each one, and treats me with respect. I've never had to wait more than 5 - 6 minutes to see him, and when I do he treats me as if I were his only patient.

Nov 30th, 2010

Dr. M was an exceptional doctor. I have been to many other doctors formy condition and have got nowhere. He was able to reverse my hearing loss and dizzy spells.

Sep 3rd, 2010

stay far far away. His charm lasts for all of 5 minutes and once he operates on you forget trying to get ahold of him. He is the epitome of short-man syndrome.