Dr. Elias Sabbagha MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Chicago, IL

February 17th, 2017
Very Dissapointed
I was a patient of Dr. Sabbagha for 5 months (Oct. 2016 - Feb.2017). I was referred to him from a friend for fertility reasons. I visited the office at least 20 times in the the 5 months (ultrasounds, bloodwork, etc.). I only met with the Dr. ONCE in the 5 months - my very first visit - and spoke to him on the phone a handful of times. I'm not sure if he lives in another city during the winter months but I though it was very odd that I never saw him in the office. While the technician he has in the office is very friendly and helpful, I wasn't paying (mostly out of pocket) for medical services/advice from someone that does not have a Ph.D. The worst part about my experience with Dr. Sabbagha is that during my first visit, he sat next to me and said that my fertility problems were no longer mine, that he was going to take on the problems and work them out. Without me asking for a timeline, he told me I would be pregnant in 3-4 months. I thought it was odd to make that promise but I tried to stay positive. When some of the treatments we tried weren't working, I received a voice message on my cell from his technician that said she talked to the Dr. and there was nothing else they could do for me there and to go to an IVF clinic. He didn't even have the decency to call me directly and have that conversation with me. I don't think I've ever been more offended and disappointed by a Dr. before, especially when the subject matter is very emotional to begin with.

January 19th, 2017
He is the Best!
You will never find a doctor that cares more for his patients than Sabbagha!!

January 3rd, 2017
Great Doctor
I have had an on going issue for the last 5 years and my previous OBGYN wasn't able to figure it out and in one visit and an ultrasound, Dr. Sabbagha figured it out. It was such a huge relief to finally have someone who knew what he was doing and could tell me the problem. He is also very personable and spent a good amount of time with me and answered ALL of my questions.

January 15th, 2016
Personable and knowledgeable
He is kind, enthusiastic and interested in a relationship with his patients. Due to spending time with each patient., wait times can be long. Medical care is superb.

January 2nd, 2016
I admire and completely trust Dr. Sabbagha
I have to wonder if the critical comments about Dr. Sabbagha are about his father and not Elias, because I've known this Dr Sabbagha since he got out of his final residency program, and I adore him. He cared for me for years, and ultimately delivered my son and did my partial hysterectomy. In all situations, he took time with me and was deeply compassionate over several non-medical issues I was struggling through. He has always been cheerful and kind. I live in Florida but have actually considered making an appt to see him during my next trip back to visit family, rather than deal with the uncaring doctors I've encountered down here. I have nothing but the highest praise for this doctor. And I was a patient of his for close to 15 years.

November 18th, 2015
I couldn't ask for a better doctor. I was referred to doctor Sabbagha by another doctor who I trust. Dr. Sabbagha was wonderful. He exceeded my very high expectations. As an older women having a child for the first time, I was pretty anxious. He walked with me through the entire process and took exceptional care of me. Even though he was out of network, I chose to pay out of pocket and stay with him. You will be in good hands.

November 2nd, 2015
Simply the best OB in Chicago
He is one of the OB/Gyn doctors at Northwestern. He delivered 3 healthy baby girls NVD. There were complications with one, but he managed the situation professionally and competently. He has the best bedside manner, and truly cares for his patients. I'm so disappointed in seeing him deal with situations out of his control. He has never been negligent or lacked proper judgement in the delivery of care. You would be lucky to have him deliver your child!

April 6th, 2015
I love Dr. Sabbagha
I just had my daughter last month and I can assure you that Dr. Elias is one of the best doctors in his profession. I would recommend him 100%.

March 18th, 2015
Great human being!

January 9th, 2014
Elias Sabbagah is a wonderful MD, he delivered both of my children and I am so happy he is in my life. I am always a little wary about doctor's because I don't feel a personal connection. With Dr. Sabbagah you will feel like you have your best friend, brother, etc is your gyno. He always gives you the most personal attention and he is well regarded. I remember all the nurses, and everyone at the hospital were raving about him and if you have Sabbagah as your doctor they seem to part the seas and will do anything for you, He is personal so if you don't like this then this is NOT the right MD for you. The only negative thing, at all, is the wait time. No matter how he tries he always runs a little behind, please please bring a book, relax and wait for the best. You wait for a table at a great restaurant, think of it as this and you won't be disappointed. A lot of OBGYN's join big groups so they barely make any deliveries, not Dr. Sabbagah, he tries his hardest to be at every one of his deliveries, run don't walk to see this man!

July 29th, 2013
Stay far away from this dr if you value your unborn child's brain. He is by far the most arrogant, self-righteous, in compassionate dr I ever had. And it's not just my child he injured but I ran into a former patient of his on another state and he injured her child as well.

June 17th, 2013
I was saddened to hear some of the negative reviews on here. I had the exact opposite experience of some of the negative reviews. At 36 weeks pregnant with my second child, an ultrasound signaled a potential problem. After monitoring me for a brief period, he correctly observed that my baby was in trouble, and performed an emergency c-section. Not only did he save my baby's life, his bedside manner is absolutely incredible, and he truly cares about every patient. I urge everyone to keep in mind that Dr. Sabbagha focuses on high risk patients, and there are bound to be complications.