Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist

14555 Levan Rd
Ste 116
Livonia, MI 48154
734-464-0400
Locations and availability (3)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Caused Undue Months of Pain  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2013

Dislocated my shoulder. He took x-ray, gave me a cortisone shot said to start using it slowly. The pain continued. He gave me another shot. Pain continued. Went to another Dr. 4 months later and found out I had a 90% tear in rotator cuff, ligaments, tendons & muscles torn out of shoulder. The new Dr. did surgery and re-attached the ligaments and muscles to the shoulder with 6 anchors and repaired the cuff. If Khoury had spent more than 1 min with me maybe he would have found the real problem? Would NOT recommend him to anyone.

|  Worst Orthopedic DR - DON'T WASTE TIME!!!  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2013

This doctor is absolutely horrible! He spent less than 3 minutes in the room with me...gave me a RX for physical therapy...then a RX for pain meds that I was allergic to!...when I called the office to report I had an allergic reaction and to please change it; it took them 2 days! Then he only wrote for enough pain meds for 4 days! Even after a diagnosis of Degenerative Disc Disease! When I asked the staff how a 4 day supply of pain meds was supposed to get me through physical therapy 3x weekly; they were rude and said "Dr. Khoury doesn't even usually write for meds unless you've had surgery...you're lucky to have gotten those!"...How RUDE! I obviously have legit pain and it was only for Norco 5/325...it's not like I was on or asking for anything stronger!!! I ended up going to the ER for my pain and they were nice enough to give me a stronger medication that I needed less frequently AND a muscle relaxer which helps even better! I don't know why he never even thought I needed that because it works great and it's not a narcotic! He is unfriendly, extremely fast, and doesn't answer questions or seem caring! Do NOT waste your time...please keep looking for a different orthopedic dr! He will NOT help you at all and if you are in real pain and need medications; the staff will make it impossible for you to get as well. The ONLY positive thing was getting an appt fast...but now I know why; he probably doesn't get as many patients due to his poor bedside manner and lack of help to people who REALLY need it! Don't waste your time.

|  DODO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SURGEON!!!!  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2012

DOESNT SEEM TO CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I WOULD QUESTION HIS DEGREE FROM SYRIA AND IF THE STANDARDS WOULD MEET STANDARDS OF THE UNITED STATES IN THE CURRENT DECADE. I DO NOT BELIEVE DR. KHOURY IS FAMILIAR WITH CURRENT TECHNOLOGY AND/OR SURGICAL PROCEEDURES. PLEASE DO NO LET THIS PERSON TOUCH YOU!

|  show details
Feb 16th, 2012

This felt like going to a drive thru at a fast food restaurant . Dr. Khoury seems like a nice person, but spends very little time with the patient. I always feel rushed, not listened too, and have received no firm aftercare instructions at all. The wait has been horrible, and many of the staff seem to lack empathy for the patients. Would not recommend if you have other options.

|  show details
Jan 16th, 2012

The various times I saw Dr. Khoury, he said he cared, but I felt like he had a very cavalier attitude towards me. When he wasn't able to figure out what was going on, I felt like I was dismissed. Getting medication refills was extremely difficult.