A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Elinore McCance-Katz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. McCance-Katz
Asthma Patient Education Use our asthma patient education guide to talk to your doctor about the questions and concerns you have in formulating the right asthma treatment plan for you.Before Visiting Dr. McCance-Katz Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Elinore McCance-Katz, MD is board certified in Addiction Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- She has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Cocaine-Related Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- HIV Infections
- Intravenous Substance Abuse
- Opioid-Related Addiction Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. McCance-Katz graduated from University of Connecticut , Farmington. She has 2 awards.
Dr. McCance-Katz has 2 hospital affiliations:
- San Francisco General Hospital Medical Center
- Medical College of Virginia Hospitals
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Elinore Frances McCance-Katz MD is a female Psychiatrist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Elinore F. McCance-Katz practice?
- Dr. Elinore McCance-Katz has 1 office location.
Dr. Elinore McCance-Katz practices Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Psychiatrists and San Francisco Adolescent Specialists.