A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Elinore McCance-Katz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. McCance-Katz
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. McCance-Katz Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Elinore McCance-Katz, MD is board certified in Addiction Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- She has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Cocaine-Related Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- HIV Infections
- Intravenous Substance Abuse
- Opioid-Related Addiction Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. McCance-Katz graduated from University of Connecticut , Farmington. She has 2 awards.
Dr. McCance-Katz has 2 hospital affiliations:
- San Francisco General Hospital Medical Center
- Medical College of Virginia Hospitals
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Elinore Frances McCance-Katz MD is a female Psychiatrist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Elinore F. McCance-Katz practice?
- Dr. Elinore McCance-Katz has 1 office location.
Dr. Elinore McCance-Katz practices Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Psychiatrists.