A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Elisa Birnbaum:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Elisa Birnbaum is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Elisa Birnbaum, MD is board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery.
- She has special expertise in 25 areas:
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Anal Cancer (Anus Neoplasms)
- Anal Ulcer (Fissure in Ano)
- Colon Cancer
- Colon Cancer (Sigmoid Neoplasms)
- Colonic Diverticulitis
- Colorectal Cancer
- Crohn's Disease
- Fecal Incontinence
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Rectal Cancer
- Rectal Diseases
- Rectal Fistula
- Rectal Prolapse
- Rectovaginal Fistula
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Birnbaum graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago. She has 5 awards.
Dr. Birnbaum has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
- Barnes Jewish Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Elisa Hope Birnbaum MD is a female Colon/Rectal Surgeon, has 25 years of experience and practices in Colon & Rectal Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Elisa H. Birnbaum practice?
- Dr. Elisa Birnbaum has 4 office locations.
Dr. Elisa Birnbaum practices Colon & Rectal Surgery near Saint Louis, MO.
Additional practice locations include: Rolla, MO.
See Saint Louis Surgeons.