Dr. Elisa Burns Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Elisa Burns?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 27th, 2016

Extremely competent and kind. Efficient and most knowledgeable!

I have seen Dr Burns for many years. Always satisfied with her manner, caring and kindness.

May 9th, 2016

Lost all trust

Twice my visits to Dr. Burns did not resolve the issues. I was put off when she asked a question and I wasn't sure of the answer. She snickered. Seemed uninterested and she is rough. Now I recall during my first visit I was told by her assistant that Dr. Burns was "shopping a Housewives of Westchester show for TV". That should have been a red flag. I will not return.

April 25th, 2015

not impressed

Here's my take. Went for a second opinion. Felt rushed, did not address my concerns, not a good listener caught her daydreaming during the consultation. Very rough during the annual exam. If she is rough with the annual how can I trust her to be gentle during a surgical procedure. Will not be returning.

November 22nd, 2014

Be cautious!!

My experience with this doctor was several years ago, for good reason. I saw her over many years and thought her poor bedside manner did not affect her quality of medical care. I will never make that mistake again. She missed ovarian cysts and breast cancer due to her poor listening skills and lack of followup.

July 12th, 2014

Mkmg and burns will offer robotic surgery when patient could be cancer risk

Pushes the davinci robot even when a patient could have a low possibility of cancer. Btw that's just about every woman. The way Mkmg is trained is to pulverize your uterus and complications then vacuum them out of a small incision in stomach. This spreads cancers in abdomin. Do not go here for hysterectomy. Go to a cancer facility like Sloan Kettering. Surgeries are done special by trained surgeons who can remove. Deliver ur uterus encased in a bag so your cancer won't spread. So many innocent women have been damaged by small places and Mkmg. It's to late for them. Mkmg uses you to maintain the robotic machine. They have only done 200 surgeries. A research facility has done thousands correctly. And just right for each patient. Not one size fits all.

January 22nd, 2014

She created a problem that did not exist and prevented me from getting the proper medical attention from the other physicians. I had to go to a better medical facility that would treat the real issue instead of this physician's erroneous opinion. She had no a single fact to base her opinion on but as you know her peers in MKMG would be likely to follow her opinion even if she were wrong and at my expense.

August 30th, 2013

Dr. Burns saw me when an on call doctor was called into an emergency. I was a weeping mess because I was having a miscarriage. She was kind and immediately said that she would be my doctor for follow-ups. She saw me kindly through two more miscarriages. She's smart, direct, and I absolutely trust her. Six years ago, I delivered a healthy, beautiful son. Dr. Burns was great and very helpful through my pregnancy... I was nervous because of the past history. She's an excellent, highly skilled doctor. Anyone would be lucky to be under her care.

August 19th, 2013

patient

August 14th, 2013

Her staff writes her reviews

Horrible doctor. Not a good listener. Works as fast as possible. Makes mistakes ordering correct radiology. Gives inappropriate exams. No light No speculum. Refuses patients a hpv or pap test even when requested bc pt had a hysterectomy. Regardless its patients right ! Rude. Doesn't inform u when she does a rectal. Just does it. Terrible bedside manner. If u return to discuss the lack of inappropriate care. She denies it. She is homophobic . Bc she also is homosexual. And uncomfortable w an out patient. As soon as her office is alerted she earned a poor vitals review. Magically excellent reviews appear following days until her rating changes.

May 20th, 2013

Not interested in my problems

This is the second time I have felt that Dr. Burns has not the time or the interest in my problems.

March 9th, 2013

Highly Recommended

For the past 5 months I was experiencing dreadfully heavy periods. At the time I was seeing my current gyno (not Dr Burns) and was undergoing many tests etc to determine the best course of action. During that time there were too many red flags about the doctor's competence and even though I scheduled surgery with her I knew that I needed a second opinion. I did some searching on the net and found Dr Burns. After reading about her extensive experience, publications etc I scheduled my appointment. After one exam with her I was blow away by her competence and professionalism. I canceled my surgery with my prior doctor and scheduled it with her. Yesterday I had my surgery and had a 5 star experience at the ambulatory center in Mt Kisco. I felt completely confident going in. I would highly recommend her!

February 11th, 2013

Thorough. Does not push testing that is not needed!

The first MD I have seen that gives me thoughtful unbiased info.