Elisa Sparkes DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 16 reviews

April 22nd, 2015
I absolutely love Dr Elisa! She has been my OBGYN for over 5 years and delivered my first child. She stuck with me through a challenging pregnany and took very good care of me. Even though her location is a little inconvenient for me i still use her and would use her as my OB again if blessed with another child.

January 14th, 2014
The best experience I've had with a doctor....
I am so glad I made the choice to call Dr. Sparkes. It all started with her amazing staff. When you first make the call, you can tell over the phone that they really care about you and your situation. It was very easy to schedule an appointment. After meeting with Dr. Sparkes, I can tell you that she cared very much about what I was going through and did all she could to help. She asked me many questions, allowed me to ask questions, and took care of any concerns I had. My visit went so well that I can say that I will be a patient for life. I highly recommend Dr. Sparkes!

December 12th, 2013
Very Impressed!
Dr. Sparkes is not even my doctor and I still felt I should write a review to let people know how amazing she is. I had my baby in August, and my doctor left the country for a week the day after I had him. I had a C-section and the incision got infected. Dr. Sparkes was the doctor on call when I called. She not only called back promptly and answered all of my questions, she squeezed me in to her already tight schedule the next day to take a look at me. She was AMAZING! She took care of me like I was her own patient, and was extremely thorough in her examinations and diagnosis. She took great care of me until my doctor returned. She has fantastic bedside manner, makes you feel comfortable, does not talk down to you, etc, etc. She really is awesome. If I didn't have an OB that I have had for 8 years and love as well, I would definitely be using Dr. Sparkes! Excellent care!

October 24th, 2013
I would recommend Dr. Sparkes to anyone!! She is great and LOVES what she does!!
Dr. Sparkes is an amazing physician full of love and concern for her patients. She delivered my son and I couldn't have asked for better care. I really appreciated the time that she spent with me and the support and guidence that she gave me. She took all my concerns seriously. Her compassion and bedside manner are excellent. You can tell that it is not just a job for her but a true calling. She loves what she does and you can tell that with every interaction you have with her. I would suggest and recommend her to anyone. I am so thankful that I have her as a physician. I feel very blessed!

October 10th, 2013
Horrible, terrible experience! Would not let her deliver my dogs puppies!

September 11th, 2013
Frustrated with her staff
Dr Sparkes is great! She is always really thorough and will answer any questions that you have. She is honest and upfront about what to expect with your pregnancy. We truly enjoy having her in our baby experience. However, her staff is very rude. When calling with questions or concerns, her receptionist is very short with you and the nurses act like your concerns are a waste of their time. They also take forever to give you test results back and when they do they don't thoroughly explain them. I have gotten off the phone with them multiple times upset and just have to remind myself that Dr Sparkes is ultimately going to be delivering the baby.

August 26th, 2013
LOVE HER SO MUCH!!!!!!!
Dr.Sparkes is a wonderful doctor and person. She cares about her patients and I have all the confidence in the world in her. I only wish I knew her back when I had my kids because I would have LOVED for her to have been my baby doctor .I am seeing her for other health issues and I know I am in great hands. I truly am so thankful to have her as my doctor. I would recommend anyone looking for a OBGYN that will care about you as a person and is awesome at what she does, look no further here she is!!!

March 26th, 2013
Love Dr Sparkes! Do not like her staff
Dr Sparkes is super friendly and makes you feel at ease. Her new office at the new Integris is wonderful, just love it! Can't wait to have a baby and deliver there. The people that answer her phones are pretty terrible though. I've had to speak with them a LOT and they're never downright rude, but they are unhelpful, short, and make it feel like any little question or concern is a waste of their time. They also take forever to call you back. I don't know if these are the same people that work at desk in her office because the office staff always seems nice, but over the phone conversations are impossible.

October 7th, 2012
LOVE DR. SPARKES!
I have been going to Dr. Sparkes for the past few years and cannot say enough wonderful things about her. When choosing an OB/GYN, I wanted someone that I felt completely comfortable with, trusted, and liked as a person (because you do spend a lot of time with them when you become pregnant!) Elisa Sparkes is all of those things. She is truly an extraordinary doctor-extremely competent, has an excellent bedside manner, and is very personable. She takes a genuine interest in her patients. My husband and I LOVE her!We just recently had our first baby with her and we could not have asked for a better experience. Throughout my pregnancy I felt as though I always had access to her if I had any questions and was always pleased with her office staff. I never had to wait too long for an appointment and I understand that people who arent in the medical field can get frustrated when having to wait at the OB/GYN office, but being in the medical field, I can relate and unfortunately, long waits at any OB office are unavoidable sometimes. Emergencies come up in obstetrics all of the time and Im pretty sure Im speaking for the majority of people here when I say that I try to be patient and understanding when I do have to wait because if it were me or my child in that urgent situation, I would want Dr. Sparkes to put us first. Dr. Sparkes was always very thorough and was great at following up with us. When we needed a no nonsense, honest opinion from her regarding our pregnancy she absolutely delivered. I simply have never had anything less than a fabulous experience with her! She made the labor and delivery of our child so much fun and as her patient, I can tell how much she loves what she does. I cannot imagine having anyone else delivering my babies in the future. I most definitely recommend her to everyone I know!

September 10th, 2011
We LOVE our Dr. Sparkes!!
I have been going to Dr. Sparkes for about 3 years. I started off by seeing her for GYN and then OB.. I had a miscarriage and Dr. Sparkes performed 2 surgeries and I wouldnt have wanted any other person to do it! She was so kind and caring! This past Fall I became pregnant and had complications and Dr. Sparkes was on top of things and made sure we had a plan for everything and anything. I believe that without Dr. Sparkes I wouldnt have had a healthy happy baby boy this past May! Sometimes I had to wait at her office but things come up and there is nothing you can do. I would wait 2 hours to see her if I had to! My last appointment to see her is soon and I am kinda sad! If anyone is looking for an OBGYN She is it, you will be blessed by her!! About the nurse and office staff..they did listen and took steps to make it better!

May 4th, 2011
Dr. Sparkes Really Cares About Patients
I'm not sure about some of the other comments on here, but I think it says a lot that Dr. Sparkes is one of the few doctors on Vitals who actually cares enough to respond to any negative feedback and tries to make a change. This is my second pregnancy and it's already so much different than my first, namely because I've had complications but also because Dr. Sparkes has been so caring and patient in answering any questions. On my second visit, she had a personalized goodie bag made up with the help of her staff, and I've never experienced that with any doctor. Her staff always calls to follow up with each ultrasound and any restrictions I've had during this time. I've never had a problem with scheduling and have had my ultrasounds, if Dr. Sparkes felt it was needed sooner, scheduled the same day as seeing her in the office. I feel like my baby and I are taken care of by her and her staff. Everyone has an off day, but judging based on that one day, to me, is not being objective. In my experience, I haven't experienced an off day with this doctor and don't think I will.

April 2nd, 2011
jmc
As a new patient and over sixty five I was very pleased with the extremely honest and caring approach I got from Dr. Sparkes. My condition will require surgery, but I hope to have her as my GYN in the years to come.