Dr. Carmen Le Blanc MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

August 30th, 2013
No-rush type of doctor
Attentive and thorough. These are the two things I loved the most about my appointment. As wont happen with many doctors, the time I spent with the nurse was actually shorter than the time I spent with dr Leblanc. She took the time to ask me not only about my current complain and symptoms, but about my history and to go through a thorough physical exam. I had many questions and had them all answered. I was asked many questions to help her come to a full picture of my condition. No medication was prescribed before the results of the blood test, which came back as early as two days after my appointment. Prescription was sent to my pharmacy over the phone. The nurse updated my about all the results and a follow up appointment was scheduled for six weeks later. None of my symptoms or complaints went on unobserved. I couldn't be happier with the attention that I've received and would recommend this doctor to everyone who desires quality time with a doctor who doesn't rush through your time to get the next patient.

August 20th, 2013
I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. Her staff is unprofessional- I had to call several times for a prescription refill and lab results. Only to be asked if I had any refills remaining. (I wouldn't need to call if I did). This office seems disorganized and maybe overwhelmed. Dr. Le Blanc was less than willing to discuss any alternative treatments and even implied that it might be PMS, causing my symptoms. I expect more from a specialist. Thankfully there are plenty of doctors with terrific health grades to choose from.

April 28th, 2013
Don't waste your health on this Doctor
I am a type 1 diabetic for 18 y now. In all this time this is the rudest, judge mental clueless doctor I have ever had. I wasted 1-1.5 years w/her. I consistently complained of extreme fatigue, pain and unexplainable weight gain. She harped on my weight every visit and paid no heed to my symptoms. After my last appnt w/her I cancelled all future appt and began going to South eastern endocrinologist. After my very first appt he immediately sent me to a kidney doctor..I had been spilling protein this entire time.. I was put on a low protein diet for early stage kidney failure. My energy level improved and lost a few pounds.. I was then diagnosed with Hassimotos another auto immune disease often associated with type 1 diabetic women...this explained ALL of my Symptoms. I don't know if she is just young and inexperienced or if she really has no idea what she is doing. I wish I could have that time back... in such a short period of time with the right treatment I have begun to feel good again. Please do not waste your health on this doctor.

September 14th, 2012
I went in to doctor Leblanc feeling like a zombie. She ordered tests that ended up revealing a tiny tumor on my pituitary gland that had caused my testosterone to bottom out.Nine months later and I can't describe how different I feel (in a good way)! My testosterone is normal for the fist time in the decade I'd started going downhill.Best doctor ever!

August 24th, 2012
She seems very young and inexperienced. she didnt seem to want to sort out my issues. did not give advice just basically said she didn't know what to do. She does actually attempt to spend a long time in the room speaking with you. Did not do a physical exam at all. physical exams are very core component to medicine and proper diagnosis....dont understand why she just sat at at desk talking to me without even looking at me.

May 4th, 2012
Refuses to contact Patient
May 4th, 2012, 1401 hours Patient Name: Autumn Skylar Smith, DOB: 11-05-1991 Physician: Dr. Carmen Elisa Leblanc, MD, Piedmont Hospital There h ...

March 1st, 2012
Worst Doctor I ever visited
Doctor Lablanc is the worst Doctor that i ever visited. I was on no insulin when i first visited her and she immediately put me on 24 units of insulin a day and 26 units at night, which I found out from my new doctor that these were not necessary. She appeared to be non-caring and stereotypical (i am african american) The staff were always very rude. On my visits she would often time not even allow to to undress and examine me, she would only come to the conclusion that i could not be helped if i would lose weight, when I am not extremely overweight. Her only conclusion was increasing my insulin. I once had an issue with my insurance not going through, so she did not want to run lab test for me on this visit. The doctor hat I am now seeing completed took me off insulin and put me on Victoza and my A1 readings are great. She is non-caring with and arrogant and stuck demeanor. Now that i am seeing another doctor, I believe she was making my condition worst. When attempting to report this issue to the CEO of the Atlanta Diabetes Center, it was ignored and swept under the rug.

September 12th, 2011
Insensitive, uncaring. Couldn't be bothered with meeting me before the procedure she was to perform - I had to insist. I was terrified and she just wanted to get it over with.

June 13th, 2011
Run away from this doctor
Developed heart problems along with thyroid lab fluctuations. Dr. Le Blanc took my labs and then set a follow-up appointment 9 months later. My heart doctor wanted my thyroid labs to be within the proper range, but Dr. Le Blanc seemed to not care in the least. I had to find an endocrinologist who did care and helped get back into the correct lab ranges.

October 6th, 2010
The great Doc.
Dr. Leblanc is one of the best Endocrinologists I have ever seen. She is Caring but firm, and actually cares about what happens to her patients, your not just a number in her care. She is very informative, and always thorough when discussing health matters. I actually like going to the doctors now, whereas before, I used to be annoyed with the whole process. Having diabetes is already a pain in the butt with all of its complications, but it is definitely nice to have a place where you can go to see someone who specializes in that pain in the butt and offer you great support, care and information. If you could rate the Doctors with 5 stars I would but this only allows you up to 4 so I guess I will have to settle.