Dr. Elisabeth Bergman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

September 2nd, 2016
Beware New Patients!
Uncaring Physicians, overconfident PA & CRNP's. Horrible office staff. Management worse than ever! I've been a patient for many years & I do not understand what has happened to this office in the last 4 years. Beware New Patients

March 30th, 2015
Dr. Bergman has taken care of my husband and myself for over 7 years. I tend to be a doubting Thomas and believe in going to the source, so I talked to nurses in local hospitals, I asked them whom they would recommend and without a pause they said Dr. Bergman. Nurses always know the inside scoop on who's who in the hospital. I have the highest respect for Dr. Bergman and her staff. She has always taken time to talk to us and discuss our concerns. As with all offices sometimes there are good days and bad days, but I've never had a bad experience on my visit.

July 9th, 2014
I cannot believe what I am reading in some of these reviews! I have been a patient of Dr. Bergman's for many years & she has ALWAYS been a wonderful, very kind, great bedside manner physician to me! Yes, I see Theresa every other time I go & she has always been very knowledgeable, helpful, wonderful PA! The staff has changed, but they have all been very personable & helpful.

May 4th, 2012
Nurse practitioner
I made an appointment to see Dr. Bergman.I did see her for like 5 minutes. After that I could not talk to her when I called. Her nurse practitioner then took over. This practitioner thinks she is the doctor. She was telling me what I needed and didn't need.The Dr. needs to get her under control.My Blue Cross pays for a doctor and not some wanna be. Teresa is like the waiting watchdog who will not let you get to the Dr. I intend to see another Dr.This one is out of touch with her patients.

July 31st, 2011
SELF CENTERED DOCTOR!!!
SWITCH your Endocrine ASAP!I was a patient of Dr. BERGAN'S for many years! At my last visit almost the entire staff was different. (must be a reason!)During my visit Dr. Bergman she made me feel like I was wasting her time. As I was checking out I heard her say to someone "I'm sick of holding her hand, she needs phyc & so does her mom." Who would say that? pretty harsh! I wish i knew!!

May 3rd, 2011
Dr.bergman is a very good Doctor,,and im not looking for her to hold my hand, im just looking for good care and to get it right,,,everything else as far as scripts , call backs , that needs work ,alot of work,,,but that is on who she has running office ,and i give that a Big old F for a grade ,and i never seen in any other office the amount texting by the staff. save it for your break thx.

March 5th, 2011
Go easy!
I've read the above reviews and I think the "bad" reviews need to understand that Dr. Bergman is pretty much the only endocrinologist in the Pittsburgh area that other doctors refer too...because of her knowledge and experience. I've been a patient for about 3 years and understand that for this one practice they have nearly 20,000 patients! No wonder they have a wait for new appointments! This doctor is so respected in the medical community that nearly all of Pittsburgh is wanting an appointment! I think those who wrote a bad review should consider being a little proactive in your care - if you get blood work done, call them and let them know! I do, and I get a call within a day with the results unless some of them are pending. You are NOT the only patient, so you HAVE to sometimes make them aware of tests that were recently done.

January 28th, 2011
patient
I was referred to this Dr by the PA from my Arthritis Dr. It took me nearly 2 months to get an appt. When I arrived, the staf was curt, and their manner rude. I saw the PA, then Dr Bergman for about 7 minutes. She acted as though she couldn't wait to get out of the room. Somewhat arrogant in manner. It has been nearly a month since my tests and no word from the Dr. In my opinion, she doesn't run a very good practice, and perhaps her ill-manner rubs off on her staff, then they take it out on the patient. What ever the cause, the Dr rates very poorly overall, and should read what others think of her, and her staff. Maybe she would re-evaluate the office procedures and attitudes so people actually feel welcomed and appreciated... which is a far cry from what I felt. I'm looking for another Dr.

October 31st, 2010
She is rude, arrogant, and verbally abusive. I will not go back for another appointment.

October 11th, 2010
Knowledgable and professional
I have been a patient for 1 year with thyroid issues. I recieved an appointment within 3 wks of referral. Dr Bergman spent 45 minutes in the office reviewing my condition and data and responsed to all questions even to multiple responses. I was very assertive in questioning and she responded to all questions very well with good reasoning and supporting information. I could not have hoped for more. Continuing treatment has been just as good. The nurse pratictioner and PA (seen on alternate visits DR-PA-DR...)are good as well. Overall a good doctor and I would and have recommended her to others. Follow-up on labs will require you to call but the response is prompt and professional.

July 18th, 2010
I would not recommend. Delegates too much to physician assistant and/or nurse practitioner. Questionnable expertise in thyroid/parathyroid issues. Staff is rude. Call-back after lab work sometimes over 2 weeks. Questions/messages not always answered.

March 2nd, 2010
Used to be happy, but decline in service and office staff
has made it nearly impossible to talk to anyone who knows what they are talking about. I've called them multiple times and could never get anyone to answer my questions with a promise of the Dr. returning my call. Never happens. I feel they also push for procedures that aren't needed and then when you opt out of them, they treat you badly.