Dr. Elise Carman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

April 29th, 2016
Awesome Doctor
I have been a patient of hers for over five years. She has been a confidant and a great Doctor. Only complaint is that her old receptionist, I think h ...

March 12th, 2015
I would recommend Dr.Carman to anyone looking for a smart, presentable, knowledgeable and approachable gynecologist. Both the doctor and staff were warn, friendly and knowledgeable. Dr. Carman has a great bedside manner. This is especially important for teens that need to start seeing a gynecologist. Doctor-patient relationships are crucial for nervous teens and the comfort of all patients in general.. Dr,. Carman ranked highly in this department. The only suggestion or constructive criticism I would make is that I would prefer to see the nurses and support staff to be dressed in scrubs or wearing lab coats over their clothing. It is preferable and more professional /sanitary for the nurses or anyone interacting with patients to be dressed appropriately.

January 22nd, 2015
Worst Experience Ever!
After finding out that I was pregnant we decided to move to the suburbs so I wanted a new doctor. I settled on Carman because of convenience and soon discovered it was not a wise choice. She has horrible bedside manner and communication skills. Because of her I almost missed my first trimester screening. Also, during one of my visits she was having trouble hearing my baby's heart beat. As I lay there crying she walks out of the room, comes back and rushes me out to get a vitality test done at the ultrasound place down the road. She never once said anything comforting or explained that this does not necessarily mean the child was miscarried. Lucky I did hear the heart beat at the ultra sound and everything is alright. When I returned to tell her, she made me wait an hour, came in the room and said "hmm not sure why I couldn't hear it" with no compassion or apology what so ever. I took my paperwork and started going to a new doctor that day!

May 22nd, 2013
Very unprofessional. Gave differing advice on several occasions. The doctor was very condescending and made no effort to hide her judgement. I will never go back.

June 27th, 2012
been with her for7 years
I think this doctor is professional and she did a great job delivering my son. While including me,in the experience. I would love for her to deliver my next child.

April 30th, 2012
She's amazing!! love her to pieces!! Have been treating with her since 2006.

May 19th, 2011
Extremely Disappointed
Dr. Carman does not have good bedside manners, unprofessional, and sarcastic. My experience was not a good one. She should not have her own practice. She should work under someone more experienced so she could learn something.

January 17th, 2011
Good experience
My first visit I only waited 5 minutes and Dr Carman listened very attentively to all I said. Thorough exams and follow-ups were done. Encouraging and optimistic attitude and professional advice.

October 1st, 2010
Dr. Carmen tends to be a bit abrasive and have a terrible bedside manner.

September 16th, 2010
patient
Absolutely the worst doctor I have ever been to. Unresponsive, rude and incompetant. I am 28 years old. found a lump in my breast, went to see her an ...

September 7th, 2010
The best ob/gyn I've ever dealt with! She cared for me and my baby as if we were family!

July 8th, 2010
Rude, Crude, ATTITUDE!
This doctor is AWFUL! As a young, NOT sexually active girl experiencing my first visit with a gynecologist I was a bit uncomfortable and I gave Dr. Carman OBVIOUS hints that I needed to be put at ease. Instead, when doing our intial consultation she repeatedly questioned my virgin status by her snide remarks and seemed to get an attitude with me when I expressed, in what I feel was a very mature manner, that I am not currently interested in dating any young men as I want to focus on my life and school. She seemed to find it impossible to believe that I could be an upstanding young person! She didn't beleive that I have never taken drugs, or had sex, and kept asking me if I was pregnant - I have never been so offended in my ENTIRE life! Examination time was no better, she was VERY rough and not thorough at all. I swear she tore something inside of me with her abrasiveness! Then when I tried to explan to her my difficulty with menstrual cramps and how I would like some advising in the matter - she insisted on pushing birth control pills after I clearly stated I DID NOT want nor need them, and that I am afraid to take them due to the risk of developing a blood clot as this is a high risk among the women in MY family. She looked at me like I had 20 horns growing out of my head when I stated these very real and legitimate concerns surrounding the use of birth control. She used any opportunity to brag about herself and her accomplishments and turned any and every form of small talk into a dissertation about how lame I am and how I SHOULD have done things in my life (all non medical I might add-- just about what school I am enrolled in and what I decided to study!!!). She is a jealous woman and incompetent physician and she made me recognize that a male OBGYN may not be such a bad idea after all. I never saw her again, would never recommend her, and want nothing to do with her.