Dr. Elissa Rubin, MD
Pediatrician
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Love Dr. Rubin, but you'll prob get stuck with her partner for sick visits  |  show details
by Happy Mom on Apr 16th, 2014

Dr. Rubin has been my son's doctor since he was born. She's awesome! From the day she came to the hospital to this day, I have no complaints about her as a doctor. She is very attentive, has her on checklist of questions she asks during each visit, and provides her professional opinion as well as personal/motherly advice. I chose her because she was a solo doctor practice, and I wanted my kid(s) to see only 1 doc. She went beyond expectations to make sure she was available for emergencies. However, her popularity (which is well deserved) has forced her to expand the business and hire an additional doctor who is more well versed in adolescents than in infants and toddlers. Now, I can rarely get an appt with Dr. Rubin when my child is sick. I'm stuck with an appt with the other doc in the practice, who doesn't provide an actual diagnosis when she sees my child! It can get frustrating, so just hope you're lucky enough to schedule with Dr. Rubin.

|  Caring, patient pediatrician  |  show details
by N. Khan on Jun 21st, 2013

I have been using Dr. Rubin for my 3 children for about 3 years now. She is the most caring, patient pediatrician you could find. She takes her time with you during exams and does not rush, she explains everything thoroughly, her office is clean, has a sick and well room, she is a lactation consultant and supports breastfeeding! When my son was slow to gain weight the first few months she did not force me to supplement. She allowed me to take my time with it and then he eventually took off! She is also into more natural alternatives and does not over prescribe antibiotics or medication which i love! She will tell you about natural alternatives before going the prescription drug route. I have recommended her to friends and family. Beware of negative reviews....sometimes I wonder about who is really 'reviewing'

|  my review is GONE  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2013

I wrote a review a few months ago and now its gone. i guess if she doesnt like some reviews she'll just get rid of them huh!! nice way to use the "report button". Ill just keep posting and posting how HORRIBLE of a Dr she is!!! i can definitely relate to the comment below about the milk. SHE DOES NOT CARE!!!!! she's so cold hearted and nasty!! I AM DISGUSTED THERE ARE DOCTORS LIKE HER. heck!!!! IM DISGUSTED THERE ARE HUMANS LIKE HER!!

|  Dr. Rubin is simply wonderful with my children.  |  show details
by Becky on Apr 10th, 2013

When we moved to Long Island we were in search for a great doctor for our 2 year old twins. We looked at many doctors before finally feeling at home at Happy and Healthy Wellness Center. Dr. Rubin was so knowledgeable and personable. She takes time to answer our questions and understand our needs. Our children really love Dr. Rubin. The office is clean, there is a sick room and a room for breastfeeding. I wish I had that at my first pediatricians office. I like that she offers workshops and classes care for the child's overall well-being.

by Yudy Plaza on Apr 8th, 2013

I met Dr. Rubin after my first child had skull fracture and was traumatized with Dr's. my daughter did not let anyone get near her without crying until we met Dr. Rubin since the first day my daughter felt comfortable, and let Dr. Rubin do her check ups with no problem. I love the fact Dr Rubin takes the time to really engage with my child, I get all the information needed. she always care for our concerns as parents. overall. She is the Best!

|  LOSERS  |  show details
by Lisa F on Mar 29th, 2013

Dr. Rubin is an amazing Dr. I have been going to her since my daughter was discharged from the hospital. My daughter has chronic problems and Dr. Rubin is always on point. When my daughter is hospitalized she calls the ER to check on her status and make sure we are set in a room before she goes to sleep. I travel from Queens because she is the best. So for the person who said she is horrible maybe its your parenting that is horrible and you dont know a good doctor when you see one. For the other reviewer that talked about her mass emails in regards to Long Islands Best Contest....all I can say is DUH!! Of course she is going to make her patients aware there is a contest I know I appreciate it. Do you also think we should just put a bunch of names on the presidential ballot and not have any campaigning for the election???? Just saying. Dr. Rubin you know we love you and you are the best. For everyone else reading these reviews I am sure you don't judge based on a 1 disgruntled parent. If you do then you are doing yourself and your child a great injustice.

|  Breath of fresh air!  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2013

I have a 3 yr old daughter and a 6 month old son, and just switched pediatricians. The former pediatrician was a LARGE practice with 6 doctors and I felt like just a number to them. This office was clean and had two separate waiting rooms, one for sick and one for well. I was taken back almost immediately, which the former office was at least a wait of 30 min! Dr. Rubin took her time during the exam and I felt like she really went over everything thoroughly. She was really very helpful with potty training tips and even shared some of her own personal potty training stories! The staff even went out of their way to entertain my 6 month old while I was taking my 3 yr old to the bathroom. This was so worth the 35 min drive to get the office. Very happy!

|  The Best of the Best  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2013

I am a new mom and chose this practice from all of the great recommendations from my friends. I have to admit that I have been overwhelmed with having a baby. I have to say that Dr. Rubin has helped ease my mind. She is very friendly and informative. She explains things in an easy going manner and also gives handouts of the important points that can be referenced at a later time. I have to say that these have been a God send. The staff is also great. I forgot my baby bag and they were able to provide formula and they had a changing table with diapers and wipes so that i could change my little one. I arrived feeling anxious and I left feeling confident that all new mothers may have had my experience. The doctor and staff really helped me feel better overall. Would highly recommend.

by Jenny S. on Mar 18th, 2013

The office staff was great. Easy to make an appointment and everyone was friendly at my first visit. I love that after you see the Dr. for a checkup you get a print out of all the information (so when your husband asks you what shots they got and the kids weights you know). The parking was easy and the office was clean! I'm so glad I found a FABULOUS new pediatrician!

Mar 9th, 2013

Dr. Rubin is a great doctor. She's patient, understanding and has a great bedside manner. The problem is, you can only see her when you make well check appointments ahead of time. Every time one of my children are sick, they have to see the other doctor in the office.

|  There are much better doctors out there.  |  show details
Jan 18th, 2013

She is probably one of the nicest doctors or best at pretending to be. Her passive aggressive style works for her because it makes parents second guess their own better judgement. Her goal is to be most popular doctor not the best doctor. That's why she sends out mass emails telling people to vote for her as the best doctor. The best doctors don't have to ask people to vote for them...

|  Cold-hearted if she is not receiving your money!  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2012

Dr Rubins office is so busy you can never get a sick appointment with her, only the new doctor she brought on staff. She had been caring for my 3 year old since infancy and when I relocated and needed her to approve soy milk for the wic program she was very cold hearted and said its not her responsibility and I should have found a new doctor by now to do that (1 month after relocating!. I was shocked and appauled. I have since moved back (which was only a week after this phone call) and I am searching for a new doctor. Will never take my child back there again!

|  AMAZING PEDIATRICIAN!!  |  show details
May 14th, 2012

Dr. Rubin is amazing. I left a very busy practice b/c I felt we were just a dollar sign and not a patient. After our first appointment I wished I had left my old practice sooner. I have never met a more caring MD. When my kids were sick she actually called to check in on them?!! It was such a good feeling to know that your MD actually cares about your kids . You will never want to go elsewhere...she really is that great. My favorite part about her is that she sits and talks to you. Its not a rush in rush out appointment. She really listens to your concerns and asks questions. I drive 45 min. to her office and its so worth it

|  Best pediatrician ever!!  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2011

Dr.rubin is awesome. A co worker of mine recommended her to me after I told her I was having problems finding a good pediatrician for my son. I lived not to far and now almost four years later I have moved back to Brooklyn and I will make the sacrifice to drive all the way to long island for her to see my son. She is very caring, understanding, and professional. She gave me lots of great advice especially being I'm was a new parent. Her advice was always right on the money from taking away my sons night bottle to helping me get him sleeping in his own bed. She sends me very informative emails as well. Never thought I'd ever find a doctor that puts so much compassion into her work. The best!

|  I drive all the way from NJ to see Dr. Rubin  |  show details
by NJ Mom on Jul 8th, 2010

When my son was born, Dr. Rubin came to see him in the hospital every single day he was there. That in itself impressed me so much. Here is a doctor that was recommended to me, that I never met, and she is checking on my newborn son every day during his hospital stay. Dr. Rubin is thorough, polite, caring, informative and nothing short of a pleasure. She makes time for all her patients, does not rush you when you are there, answers any and all questions, and returns every single call that is made to her. Unfortunately, a week after my son was born I moved from NY to NJ, and I still continue to see Dr. Rubin. I tried to change doctors but could not find one that was as accomodating as Dr. Rubin. Once you've experienced a doctor that is as caring and thorough as Dr. Rubin, it's hard to find someone else to fill those shoes. I continue to drive over an hour to see Dr. Rubin (most of the time it's longer than an hour due to traffic), however I don't mind because I know that my son is getting the best care possible!

|  this is the only pediatrician to see on Long Island  |  show details
by M. Kesselman Feingold on Nov 18th, 2009

I hate to say it, but I have been SO around the block with pediatricians on Long Island. I have had some special issues with my daughter who is now 15, but once I found Dr. Rubin EVERYTHING CHANGED. She is just the most caring, thorough, WONDERFUL pediatrician. recently she has opened her own practice - and still takes all the time you need to have with her. In the past, she has actually called me from her home several times because of my special issues. she has gone out of her way to make sure my daughter was taken care of properly, to check up, to call the other doctors and speak with them, even getting us an appointment with someone who was impossible to get. WE LOVE HER!