Dr. Elita Wyckoff Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Elita Wyckoff?

Posted on November 12th, 2015

Bubbly, friendly, takes time to know you as a whole person, not just another appointment

No empathy

Posted on November 25th, 2014

Seemed patronizing and lacked empathy during a very stressful pregnancy (proceeded by many complications).

patient

Posted on November 25th, 2013

I think Dr Wyckoff is a rather good physician but her nurse is rather rough. I called and was told by her nurse Kim that she would not be able to see me and I was put on hold on several times. There was a least several calls made where I had left messages and received no return phone calls back from her nurse. When she did call, she acted like my problem was not a problem and I was unable to get her to understand. Kim is rough and has a habit of raising her voice to make one understand and I do not like seeing Dr Wyckoff because of her nurse and Dr Wyckoff is rather slow and runs late.

Friendly, Patient, Listens, Knowledgeable

Posted on May 6th, 2013

I love Dr Wyckoff! She does not make me feel rushed. She takes the time to listen to me, ask clarifying questions and offers great suggestions. She has referred me for appropriate follow up testing for a variety of issues I have had. He big smile and positive attitude make me feel comfortable.

Very endebted to Dr. Wyckoff

Posted on February 18th, 2013

Dr. Wyckoff listened to me. She listened so well that she ran some tests. I wasn't complaining about anything. I thought all the problems I had were "normal". Thankfully Dr. Wyckoff sensed there could be a problem. I had cancer. I am forever grateful to Dr. Wyckoff for catching this at a very early stage.

Very friendly and helpful

Posted on November 15th, 2012

My sister recommended this office and I got in very quickly. I found Dr. Wyckoff to be quite friendly and pleasant. There wasn't a long wait, she listened to my concerns, and even when I thought she was jumping ahead to diagnose (having read the reviews I was concerned)I asked additional questions to which she responded accurately so I thought her feedback was dead on. Good experience and I'd recommend her to others.

Posted on November 16th, 2011

The only doctor accepting new OB patients at this practice was Dr. Wyckoff. I ended up having a pregnancy complication in which I lost the pregnancy. Dr. Wyckoff insisted that my pregnancy loss was very common and something that she had seen alot of. She was very unprofessional during the loss and not very knowledgeable on my condition. My situation got worse and I had to be referred to an oncologist. I did my research and found out that there were very few doctors that even dealt with my condition. I requested a referral to a doctor at UNC and Dr. Wyckoff disagreed with my decision and said that she did not know if her nurse would have time to make the appointment. I was astounded when she told me this considering she had just told me that I needed chemo. Dr. Wyckoff's lack of knowledge and unprofessional dealings with me and my husband were devestating. Not only were we dealing with the loss of the pregnancy but the uncertaintany of my health. Dr. Wyckoff's lack of concern and knowledge was extremely disappointing. She has absolutely no bedside manner and I would never recommend her as a doctor.

First Prenatal visit

Posted on July 18th, 2011

This was my first OB visit and I was very excited, I filled out several pages of forms before I even got the office as was requested, once I got there I sat down with the nurse who promptly asked the same exact questions all over again! then I was shown into Dr. Wyckoff's office and she asked me the same questions yet again! There was no communication between staff, I was told that I would have an ultrasound at this appointment but was not told that I would be having a transvaginal ultrasound until she actually began the procedure! It was very uncomfortable and the picture was terrible, so much so that I was sent to another office for an ultrasound that same day and there were no problems! Also I was not informed that I would need to visit another office across town for lab work that had to be done that same day, I had planned on going back to work and would have asked for additional time off had I known. I was told specifically that it was ok to eat and once I got to the lab I was told I couldnt take the test that day because I had eaten... The whole place was unorganized, the doctor didnt listen to anything I had to say, nor did she explain anything. I hope the other docs in this practice are a little friendlier!

Posted on June 12th, 2011

She was very uncomforting and showed absolutely no affect when she reviewed my second trimester ultrasound with me. The ultrasound did not show a good clear picture of the baby's heart, so she made me feel that my child may not have a good and healthy heart. She also informed me that I had an anterior placenta and told me that it could cause severe complications. I left that appointment feeling like I was going to lose my child. She had no emotion and didn't offer any words of comfort. She also told me that I had gained way too much weight and needed to cut back. I was 5 months pregnant and had gained 20 pounds. It wasn't like I had gained 40-50....all in all, she made me feel horrible and I would not recommend her to anyone. The rest of the office staff is awesome, but Dr. Wyckoff is like a robot with a bad attitude.

Poor Bedside Manner

Posted on June 3rd, 2010

Not only did she have a poor and extremely uncourteous bedside manner, she blew me off about an ovarian cyst that I had saying "I dont feel anything." She didn't do an ultrasound or anything despite the mass on my right side and said 'perhaps I was just gaining weight." That cyst subsequently ruptured and has caused me immeasurable pain. Had she not blown me off initially, perhaps we could have avoided this. The whole practice in general is like a factory, in and out in 30 minutes, 10 minutes with the doctor with no explanation of your problems and then out the door.

Posted on April 6th, 2010

She told me that after a ultra sound, that my baby had genetic defects would not explain and walked out of the office on a Friday afternoon with no explanations. Left me a total wreck. I had seen her previously and was very sick. She told me I was ok. I ended up in the hospital for several days with double pneumonia. I called the office manager and told her what had happen. They made no excuses for her. So apparently it was not the first time she had done this.I left the practice. My baby was born on time and was 100% perfect. She is now 9 months old and the babys doctor says she is advanced in everything for her age.

Brutal

Posted on March 17th, 2010

I was reffered to this Dr to get a biopsy with sedation because my primary Dr was unable to get thru my cervic without causing me more pain than I was already. When I sat to talk to her she did not know why I was there. Although I explain how paiful it was she decided to go ahead with the procedure again this was causing me enormous pain to the point I asked her to please stop. She did not react to my plee I asked 3 times "please stop". I have a good pain pain tolerance but this was so painful I started crying. All she said was some people have a low tolarance for pain. Well my back is tatoo'd from top to bottom I can take it pain. Listen to your patient when they say stop STOP!!!!!!! Don't use them to prove a point.