Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Excellent Care  |  show details
by M.S.R. on Mar 18th, 2013

Dr. McCaw is an excellent PCP! She listens and provided me with her undivided attention. I would highly recommend her to my friends and family. Her office is very busy but her assistant returns messages very quickly and always has a smile on her face.

|  I don't recommend Dr. McCaw  |  show details
by LTH on Jan 18th, 2013

I had an annual exam with Dr. McCaw in May 2012. This exam lasted for 5 minutes, during which the doctor "performed" basic things like blood pressure testing and listening to my lungs. She then asked me some questions about my general health, checked some items on my chart and a blood test form and then was out of the room. Later, after taking the blood test, which had to be separately scheduled and thus required a second trip, it took almost 2 months to reach Dr. McCaw to receive her "interpretation" of my blood test results. At one point, her assistant told me that the easiest way to reach the Dr. was to schedule an appointment. I thought that was outrageous given that an appointment would generate a new service bill! Well, Dr. McCaw and I finally spoke via telephone about my test results and she gave me generic advice about vitamin and mineral supplements and then suggested that I come see her again in six months. Honestly, I felt like instead of being in the business of medical care, she was in the business of generating office visits and thus fees! Outside of my complaints about her brief service, unavailability for test interpretation and weak interpretation once tracked down, I'm now battling with her over a service bill for a blood test that she ordered but my health insurance company doesn't cover as part of a routine annual exam. I've spent nearly 8 months trying to resolve this matter and it remains outstanding. Dr. McCaw, during the 5 minute annual exam that she performed, ordered a test to verify something that I told her about my medical "history." I did not ask her to verify this nor did she ask me if I wanted the test run. And I told her that this condition regularly shows up in my blood tests and that I was taking mineral supplements to support it. I expressed no concern about the matter and only shared it with her in order to give her my complete medical history and as a precaution for future reference. Now, I'm faced with a service bill and possible collections actions, as I have refused to pay the service bill. So I fully intend to pursue every action available to require that Dr. McCaw becomes responsible for her mistake of ordering the test without bothering to ask me if I wanted it, ie she should have this item removed from my service bill OR pay it herself!! I strongly advise you NOT to visit Dr. McCaw. I found her service to be simple, inadequate, uninformative and EXPENSIVE!!! I'm a service provider myself, and if I performed in a similar fashion, I would be out of business.