Dr. Elizabeth Alvarez MD Patient Reviews

2.7
  • 17 reviews

June 20th, 2016
Our Most Trusted Family Physician and Pediatrician!
Dr. Alvarez has been our family doctor and pediatrician for over 10 1/2 years. Because all 4 of my kids were born in different states, I have had considerable exposure to different health professionals. I can honestly say that Dr. Alvarez is the best I have ever seen. While she is quiet, she is courteous, and extremely careful. She not only takes the time to listen to really listen to me, but she listens to each of my children, and never makes me feel like she is rushing to get to her next patient. Dr. Alvarez is fantastic in organizing her schedule so that I never have to wait long in the lobby or in the actual patient room to be seen. Perhaps one of the most impressive things about Dr. Alvarez is how she takes the extra effort to make sure patients follow up with her referrals to specialists, so that the long-term well being of her patients is always addressed. But for her persistence, we would never have discovered a life-threatening heart issue for my then 2-year-old son, and a recent autoimmune disease for me. I honestly believe that Dr. Alvarez saved the life of my son, and gave an extra 10 years of life to me. The only reason I did not give her 5 stars throughout, is that she has had some new office staff who needed to be trained, but they have all since improved greatly. Her long-time office manager, Ruth, is simply amazing. I plan to have Dr. Alvarez as our family physician for as long as I live. I highly recommend Dr. Alvarez as a most trusted family physician.

January 26th, 2016
Went to see her for a cold was told my medication would be sent to the pharmacy, it took over 24 hrs for the office to send my medication. Called the office to see what the problem was, Spoke with Jennifer she apologized and said the Dr was the only one that could send the medication in and that she did not do it immediately that it was done thru out the day. Who wants to wait to have medication sent in no one, will never return

December 9th, 2015
Who draws blood in a storage room???????? Is that legal? They scheduled my appointment for the wrong day. Doctor rushed me out and didn't even give me my prescriptions. I was told I had to make a new appointment to address all my other concerns. Before this all happened, she sent my prescription out twice and I got charged twice, while she claimed no responsibility for that. I never got my results. All around terrible and unprofessional. I'll file a report as soon as I know how.

July 14th, 2015
Great doctor, punitive policies and rude employees.
After having gone to Dr. Alvarez for the last 4 years, my wife and I will no longer be seeing her. While I like the Dr and feel she does a fine job, her employees punitive treatment of my wife for being late to her appointment forces us to look for different care. My wife, a diabetic who has high and low blood sugar swings and must eat something on a regular basis to avoid going too low showed up 15 minutes late for a fasting appointment and was told she either needed to wait ALL DAY without food until the last patient scheduled for that day had seen the doctor ("because they were here on time") or that she could leave, but would have to pay a $150 no show fee. She then asked if she could at least be able to come back and give blood so that she could eat something and was refused. She waited until all patients in the waiting room were back and the room was empty and asked if she would be next, and was told no, because other patients were scheduled that had yet to arrive. She then requested our medical records and was told she would not be given them, and that they would only release them to a new doctor upon their request. As I said, we have used this doctor for a long time, and have been very happy, but with their new policy of making late people wait til the end of the day to be treated, we wont be returning.

January 17th, 2015
never come here
unprofessional. not organized. terrible staff. so many errors.

December 29th, 2014
Will never go back nor recommend
I have gotten wrongfully diagnosed twice by Dr. Alvarez. She will listen to you for 30 seconds and she will already "know" what you have. Will never go back nor recommend to anyone.

June 12th, 2014
She was recommended by a friend, I was able to make a same day appointment with no problem.

May 5th, 2014
No appointment available.
I like Dr. Alvarez when I can actually get an appointment. The past two times that I have been sick she has been unable to see me. The first time she wasn't seeing patients and referred me to someone who couldn't see me till the next day. The second time she didn't have any available times that worked with my work schedule and didn't care that there was nothing available. I will no longer be going to her office. I will look for a new doctor.

December 5th, 2013
GREAT DR
Just moved to Texas and had to visit the Dr office unexpectly and found Dr. Alvarez through my insurance website. I was able to get an appointment the same day and everyone in the office was very friendly

October 17th, 2013
SHE NEED TO B MORE PROFESINAL AND MORE ETTIC;
DR ELIZABETH ALVAREZ IS NOT THAT PROFESIONAL SHE DONT OR NEVER CALL PACIENT WITH TEST RESULT IF SHE SEND YOU FOR A TEST TO THE HOSPITAL WHEND YOU DONE WITH YOUR TEST THE TECHNICIAN SAY OK YOUR DR WILL RESIVE THIS RESULTS EN TWO DAY AND YOU R OK THE DR WILL B COLLING ME BY ANOTHER 2 OR 3 DAYS BUT NO IS 5,6 7, 8,,9 10, 11,12 13 DAYS AND THEY HAVENT CALL WITH YOUR RESULTS MAYBE THE 14 DAY AFTER YOUR TEST SOMEBADY CALL YOU WHO IS CALLING YOU THE NURSE ASSISTANT AND SAY FOR EXAMPLO MR MRS YOU HAVE HIGH CHOLESTEROL AND THAT IT ,AND YOU R OK ANDKNOW WHAT TO DO SHE DON`T SUPPOST TO PUT THE NURSE ASSISTANT TO CALL THE DR SHOULD CALL AND SAY MRS MR OR MSS SO AND SO YOUR CHOLESTEROL IS HIGH I WANTO YOU TO TAKE THIS MEDICIN I ALL READY CALL TO THE FARMACY IS READY FOR YOU AND I WLL GIVE YOU SOME DIET YOU FALLOW FOE 2 MONHTS DO SOME EXERSISE AND AFTER THAT YOU FALLOW UP WIHT ME,!!!!!NO SHE DOSEN1T BATHER TO CALL YOU SHE JUST NEED THE MONEY SHE IS A MONEY MAKER SHE DOSEN`T CARE ABAUT PACIENTS SHE CARE FOR THE MONEY INSURANCE PAY TO HER WELL WELL GUESS WHAT PACIENT THEY R NOT GOING TO SEE HER THEY ARE GOING TO CHANGE PCP SHE NEED TO B MORE PROFESSIONAL AND MORE ETTIC SORRY FOR YOU DR ELIZABETH ALVAREZ PACIENT ARE LEAVING YOU AND YOU AND YOUR FAMILY EAT BECAUSE YOUR PACIENTS PAY AND THE INSURANCE PAY ASI KE ABUSADA TODOS TUS PACIENTES TE VAN A DEJAR POR QUE NO ERES PROFESSIONAL Y NO TIENES ETICA PROFESSIONAL SOLO TE PREOCUPA EL DINERO Y NO LA CURA O LA ATENCION DE TUS PACIENTES TE TOMAS HASTA 14 DIAS PARA KE TU ASSISTENTE DE ENFERMERA LLAME PARA DAR UN MAL DIAGNOSTICO O PARA DECIR TIENES PIERDAS EN LOS RINIONES Y ES TODO Y EL PACIENTE SE QUEDA OK Y AHORA QUE HAGO DEBES LLAMAR TU PERSONALMENTE A TUS PACIENTES TOMATE EL TIEMPO TU TE LLAMARLOS Y DECIRLES COMO SALIO EL TEST Y KE VAMOS A HACER Y EXPLICALE BIEN KE SON LOS PASOS A SEGUIR ABUSADA PORKE TE VAN A EMPESAR A DEJAR TUS PACIENTES Y SE VAN A IR CON OTRO MEDICO KE SI LE IMPORTEN LOS PACIENTES NO SOLO EL DINERO KE PAGAMOS Y LO KE TE PAGA LA ASEGRANZA YA TE ANDAN DEJANDO VARIOS DE TUS PACIENTES Y ACUERDATE KE DE NOSOTRO TUS PACIENTES COMES TU Y TU FAMILIA ABUSADA DOCTORCITA!!!!!!!!!BAD DOCTOR!!!!!!

November 20th, 2012
Would not RECOMMEND!
Very poor service as they do not take walk ins, no soon appts. available, takes forever to get scheduled. Different office hrs. Dr. did not show any concern at all of the pain instead of being referred handed a card for another dr. for me to call(unsensitive) for me to handle. Gave wrong containers for the lab. They never call for results. I Called for a month and they never contacted me till I called and had to redo the whole lab work again! ridiculous! Appearently she will not be concern if you have other issues at the time of visit but only will diagnose for what you scheduled for.. that is crazy, as you are there already why not treat me or referr me to a specialist!

January 24th, 2012
REFUSED TO ACCEPT INSURANCE WHEN OFFICE VISIT WAS FOR EXAMINATION AFTER CAR ACCIDENT. INSURANCE COMPANY STATED THAT THE VISIT WOULD BE COVERED, HOWEVER THE DR OFFICE WOULD NOT BILL INSURANCE RATHER I WOULD HAVE TO PAY REGULAR DR VISIT PAYMENT OF $150. HORRIBLE SERVICE! WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING A PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN IF THEY REFUSE TO ACCEPT THE INSURANCE THEY HAVE A CONTRACT WITH.