Dr. Elizabeth Boyle MD Patient Reviews

• Gynecology Montclair, NJ

June 28th, 2016
Mixed Feelings
While I'm glad Dr. Boyle diagnosed my Celiac Disease, they did talk me into $200 worth of supplements. After a tiny bit of research, I found the identical supplements on line for half the price. They did not seem happy that I was not buying my supplements from their office. Dr. Boyle put me on prescription medication for menopause and I immediately gained weight. When I called the office to ask if the medication was the issue, they insisted that I make another appointment. Dr. Boyle gave me some song and dance that she wanted me on the prescription and I should eat less carbs . . . amazing since I have Celiac Disease. My impression - as I was on the prescription she would insist on 6 months visits which are not covered by insurance. The final straw was the "glowing rocks" that they started selling . . . to promote calmness and positive energy. What a crock!

October 1st, 2015
Terrible experience--don't recommend
This doctor had absolutely no bedside manner. She never smiled or said anything positive. She just read off a report and gave me suggestions on what supplements to buy from her office, and what further tests I should get. She never addressed my concerns or reason for seeing her. She asked many questions, typed them into her laptop without any comment and continued to ramble off diagonsitcs and statistics that were so technical I couldn't understand what she was talking about, though I am a professional with a post graduate degree, and am very well read about health. Worst MD office experience I ever had. They just want to sell high priced supplements which would cost hundreds a month with no insurance coverage.

January 11th, 2015
Horrible experience.
Extremely long wait and medical students were coming in and out while I was being examined without my consent.

August 8th, 2013
Extremely thorough and knowledgable - excellent care
I went to Dr. Boyle with a wide range of symptoms. She knew which tests would be diagnostically helpful and the results have been amazing. I'm feeling much better after finding out I needed to be on a gluten-free diet, and the suplements she suggested have helped me maintain a significantly higher level of wellness. In terms of whether she's "warm enough", I'd say that it takes a bit of time to develop a "relationship" with her, but it is worth having patience. If you want to improve your health, go see her. She'll help you get better, or refer you to someone with another area of expertise who will.

June 14th, 2012
Mixed Feelings
Dr B delivered my child 20 yrs ago, & saved his life to which I am eternally grateful because it was a dry vaginal birth. During her earlier years, she was vibrant, energetic & extremely empathetic towards various situations. Although I only have to see her annually, I find her to be pleasant but distant & not very communicative. When I have had questions, I feel like I have to speak quickly to get it all in (you'd best write them down or you will not feel like you have time to address them all) because she is so routine in her craft that she is in and out the room in 5-7 min & will give you just a surface response without going into too much detail. She's great at what she does, but I do miss the more personal interaction we had when she was younger & seemed to really enjoy her career.

February 6th, 2012
Good doc
I have seen Dr. Boyle about 5-6 times. She was very patient explaining things to me and looked at me as a whole person to get to the root of my medical complaints. The only problem I had was getting a copy of some lab results, as I neglected to ask for a copy before I left the office. It took 3 tries - the last one being my other doctor calling for them. Overall, a good experience.

June 23rd, 2011
I've been going to Dr. Boyle for over 15 years. I find her to be very kind and understanding. Haven't had any problems with her. She has a caring staff. Chris, her office manager, is very kind and compassionate. Keep up the good work.

March 9th, 2011
It's just not worth the aggravation.
I love Dr. Boyle's whole-body approach, but that's about the only thing I love. I've been going there for years, but I've finally had it. Last year I waited in a paper gown on a cold table for 45 minutes before Dr. Boyle came in (not unusual)--after my 15 minute wait in the waiting room--and she spent only 5 minutes in the room--literally. I didn't get to ask her any questions, and she forgot to even give me a breast exam. I know doctors have to overbook to make their money, but she's way too busy to be effective. To top it off, her staff routinely loses my paperwork and will call three times to confirm an appointment I already canceled. Not at all organized. Every year I give them another chance, and every year I'm disappointed. Not this year. The only good thing about the practice is Dr. Boyle's head PA/Nurse. I'm sorry I can't remember her name, but she's both kind and efficient (and a whiz at taking blood).

February 1st, 2011
doctor has no bedisde manner: she is abupt and lacks empathy and caring for her patients; she needs heavy duty classes in patient emotional care

October 21st, 2010
I had the MISFORTUNE of seeing Docotr Boyle when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. She never followed through with me telling me to see a breast surgeon; she had a staff person call me to tell me I needed a biopsy ; when she called me to tell me I had breast cancer aftr the biopsy she was distant, abrupt and uncaring on the phone. Terrible experience for me.

June 7th, 2010
Would not recommend
Every time I go to this place I feel like I've just been had. The staff is constantly trying to sell face products, vitamins, etc and is offended when patients don't purchase. Last time I went I left with 80 dollars worth of facial products that I did not need, just to get the receptionist off my back about my acne. HELLO- you are a gyno not a dermatologist!!! Although Dr. Boyle is thorough she has zero personality and bedside manner. Her assistant is rude and unhelpful. She also announced my somewhat embarrassing medication to the waiting room. "Here's your prescription for xyz!" Thanks for just sharing that with everyone in the waiting room. I was also stuck with a bill twice for them sending my results to a lab that did not take my insurance, or they do not cover bone density scans- that I did not even care to have in the first place. I do not recommend Dr. Boyle to anyone. Going to the gyno is not a pleasant experience but Dr. Boyle and her staff makes it that much more intolerable. I will be finding a new doctor.

April 27th, 2010
Failure to Communicate
Doctor failed to disclose what blood tests were forand in essence were unnecessary and electiveand I was stuck with huge bill to me AND the insurance ...