Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
736 Valley Road
undefined
Upper Montclair, NJ 07043
(973) 509-7360
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  FORMER PATIENT  |  show details
by DEE on Mar 10th, 2014

I consulted with Dr Boyle in 2010 when I had a huge fibroid. She suggested a histrogram. I had 4 more opinions after her & nobody recommended that procedure. It was a way to make extra $ b/c I needed a hysterectomy, which I had by Dr. Denehy (Livingston) & I had a huge fibroid & a cancerous endometrial polyp. She also had her office manager "chris" do a "bone density test" where my finger was placed in a unit. I work for doctors & this is just so bogus. A true bone density test is done by scanning the hip not the finger. I think she is a nice woman, great bedside manner with some "distance" and I suspect she does that on purpose for obvious reasons. In spite of that, I would take this doctor's advise with reservation. She is trying everything to make money. Oh - and Chris, the office manager, called me to tell me I should be on medication for cholesterol. I asked whether she was a nurse (she replied NO). I asked what my High and Low levels were - so my good cholesterol was VERY high which accounted for my overall cholesterol being higher. I called my medical doctor who informed me my cholesterol level was unbelievable, AS USUAL. Beware of anything this Chris tells you, also. She is nice but certainly not a medical person.

|  Extremely thorough and knowledgable - excellent care  |  show details
by Jen W. on Aug 8th, 2013

I went to Dr. Boyle with a wide range of symptoms. She knew which tests would be diagnostically helpful and the results have been amazing. I'm feeling much better after finding out I needed to be on a gluten-free diet, and the suplements she suggested have helped me maintain a significantly higher level of wellness. In terms of whether she's "warm enough", I'd say that it takes a bit of time to develop a "relationship" with her, but it is worth having patience. If you want to improve your health, go see her. She'll help you get better, or refer you to someone with another area of expertise who will.

|  Mixed Feelings  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2012

Dr B delivered my child 20 yrs ago, & saved his life to which I am eternally grateful because it was a dry vaginal birth. During her earlier years, she was vibrant, energetic & extremely empathetic towards various situations. Although I only have to see her annually, I find her to be pleasant but distant & not very communicative. When I have had questions, I feel like I have to speak quickly to get it all in (you'd best write them down or you will not feel like you have time to address them all) because she is so routine in her craft that she is in and out the room in 5-7 min & will give you just a surface response without going into too much detail. She's great at what she does, but I do miss the more personal interaction we had when she was younger & seemed to really enjoy her career.

|  Good doc  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2012

I have seen Dr. Boyle about 5-6 times. She was very patient explaining things to me and looked at me as a whole person to get to the root of my medical complaints. The only problem I had was getting a copy of some lab results, as I neglected to ask for a copy before I left the office. It took 3 tries - the last one being my other doctor calling for them. Overall, a good experience.

Jun 23rd, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Boyle for over 15 years. I find her to be very kind and understanding. Haven't had any problems with her. She has a caring staff. Chris, her office manager, is very kind and compassionate. Keep up the good work.

|  It's just not worth the aggravation.  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2011

I love Dr. Boyle's whole-body approach, but that's about the only thing I love. I've been going there for years, but I've finally had it. Last year I waited in a paper gown on a cold table for 45 minutes before Dr. Boyle came in (not unusual)--after my 15 minute wait in the waiting room--and she spent only 5 minutes in the room--literally. I didn't get to ask her any questions, and she forgot to even give me a breast exam. I know doctors have to overbook to make their money, but she's way too busy to be effective. To top it off, her staff routinely loses my paperwork and will call three times to confirm an appointment I already canceled. Not at all organized. Every year I give them another chance, and every year I'm disappointed. Not this year. The only good thing about the practice is Dr. Boyle's head PA/Nurse. I'm sorry I can't remember her name, but she's both kind and efficient (and a whiz at taking blood).

Feb 1st, 2011

doctor has no bedisde manner: she is abupt and lacks empathy and caring for her patients; she needs heavy duty classes in patient emotional care

Oct 21st, 2010

I had the MISFORTUNE of seeing Docotr Boyle when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. She never followed through with me telling me to see a breast surgeon; she had a staff person call me to tell me I needed a biopsy ; when she called me to tell me I had breast cancer aftr the biopsy she was distant, abrupt and uncaring on the phone. Terrible experience for me.

|  Would not recommend  |  show details
by anonymous on Jun 7th, 2010

Every time I go to this place I feel like I've just been had. The staff is constantly trying to sell face products, vitamins, etc and is offended when patients don't purchase. Last time I went I left with 80 dollars worth of facial products that I did not need, just to get the receptionist off my back about my acne. HELLO- you are a gyno not a dermatologist!!! Although Dr. Boyle is thorough she has zero personality and bedside manner. Her assistant is rude and unhelpful. She also announced my somewhat embarrassing medication to the waiting room. "Here's your prescription for xyz!" Thanks for just sharing that with everyone in the waiting room. I was also stuck with a bill twice for them sending my results to a lab that did not take my insurance, or they do not cover bone density scans- that I did not even care to have in the first place. I do not recommend Dr. Boyle to anyone. Going to the gyno is not a pleasant experience but Dr. Boyle and her staff makes it that much more intolerable. I will be finding a new doctor.

Dec 15th, 2009

I have been going to Dr.Boyle for fourteen years and she is just great. She delivered two of my babies and was always professional, caring, thorough, and correct in her decisions or suggestions. The two things I like most about her are her respect of my religious beliefs regarding my lifestyle and her true caring attitude. I never feel like a number at her office because all the nurses are great too. Dr. Boyle helped me through a very emotional and depressing miscarriage. She talked to me on the phone for almost an hour in the middle of the night, calming my fears, and weeks later, when I could do nothing but cry, she listened attentively and caringly. She always asks how my "babies" are doing and doesn't forget to ask how my present pregnancy is going even though I see a different obstetrician since she no longer delivers babies. A short time ago, I went to her for PMS problems that were getting out of hand she diagnosed the problem and treated it well, making me feel I was understood when I could hardly explain my own problem! She and her staff are WONDERFUL!

|  Ruth  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Boyle for at least 10 years and I am so happy I found her. During my menapose she guided me through a natual way, using various herbal products to aide with the hot flashes, dryness, etc of menapose. Also, when I was diagnosed with herpes, she helped me understand this and how I can contain my herpes. I feel very confident in her practice.

|  SHE'S THE BEST!  |  show details
by CATHY on Apr 3rd, 2009

I TOTALLY FEAR DOCTORS OF ALLKINDS AND WAS PARALYZED WITH FEAR WHEN I KNEW I NEEDED TO SEE ONE WHEN I BECAME PREGNANT. SHE OUT ME AT EASE AND WAS NEVER UNKIND OR PREACHY. SHE'S EXCELLENT IN THAT SHE USUALLY KNOWS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS AND USES TESTS TO CONFIRM. I WOULD RECOMMEND HER TO EVERYONE. SHE HAS DELIVERED ALL THREE OF MY GIRLS AND I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER OR MORE BLESSED.LOVE YOU DR. B!

|  horrible!  |  show details
by SO on Apr 3rd, 2009

The worst dr. experience ever!

Jan 10th, 2008 on yahoo.com

She's great. Thorough, good listener, kind, offers options.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com