Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Stay Away show details Stay Away
by Grace on Jan 16th, 2015

She is very inconsiderate and rude. She never even reviewed the radiology reports she ordered.

Rude and Unprofessional! show details Rude and Unprofessional!
by Lisa W on Aug 12th, 2014

Dr. Smith started out,in the very beginning seemed friendly and professional enough, But she ended up being completely rude and very unprofessional. I agree with a couple of the other reviewers she is definitely lazy and she seems to like to throw out "accusations" at her patients. I noticed one post that referred to the person posting was treated like a drug seeker, or maybe it was someone that said they were treated like a hypochondriac. Her whole attitude changed towards me because I had a conversation with her regarding the possibility I would end up on disability. That's all it took. From that time on, she was rude and nasty to me, stopped listening to me regarding my symptoms. I was really struggling at that point, I just kept getting sicker and sicker. So she sent me for an Iv steroid treatment...When I went back for my follow up and I wasn't any better. Dr. Smith actually got angry with me, because I wasn't better! As it turned out, she sent me for a treatment that she herself noted in my file, that she didn't believe was going to help! So she sent me for a 3 day IV steroid treatment that she didn't even believe was going to resolve why I was getting so sick! As it turns out, I was having an adverse reaction to the Rebif that was on, and I'm the one who discovered it! By then I had pretty much had enough of Dr. Smith! So the next appointment I had with her was to fire her! I found a new neuro and have been with him for almost 4 years! I would NOT recommend Dr. Elizabeth C Smith as a physician, and if she is your doc, I would request a copy of any of her office notes a copy of your file if she begins to give you a hard time, you have a right to a copy of anything in your file.

Aug 1st, 2013

Started out good, but not the "warm & fuzzy" type. Always wants an in ofc consult, even for simple question/issue. Last apt very un-professional in responding to my concerns about MS meds. Not receptive to opinions other than hers - seeking another dr & won't be going back to her

Grand Rapids Patient show details Grand Rapids Patient
May 31st, 2013

I have had three different neurologists and Dr Smith is by far the best. She is so understanding. She takes time, I never feel rushed, she listens and helps in every way possible. She has advocated for me when I have had problems with MRI's. She reviews my scans on the computer with me and explains things in terms that I can understand. I have had Multiple Sclerosis since 1996. Her staff is very personable, friendly and helpful. I am very satisfied with her as my neurologist.

patient show details patient
Apr 25th, 2013

Answers all of my questions, doesnt rush me in and out of office, goes over my options to what my problems involve, is a life safer for helping migraines and other kinds of pain in head with shots or medicine or prescriptions, a life safer I would go to her for any closed head injury.

Sep 17th, 2012

worst doctor ive ever encountered...unless you want to be addicted to meds your whole life. do not expect a diagnosis and treatment...just loads of meds. terrible.

May 24th, 2012

Great doctor.

Apr 5th, 2012

I will say, she is not knowlegeable about my problem. I found more information on the net. She did not look at previous scans done at Beaumont and proceeded to tell me, "they probably don't have those anymore". (9yrs. old)She is lazy and didn't want to do any research or homework. My internist sent me to her.

Great in all Respects show details Great in all Respects
Feb 17th, 2012

Dr Smith is great in all respects and I am not an easy critic. She does not always tell me what I want to hear but she listens carefully to me, she explains things fully, in the many years I've been going to see her I've only had a long wait one time, and that was due to an emergency with which she had to deal. The office staff is knowledgeable and helpful. If all medical practices were run like this doctors would not have to poor reputations they do.

Oct 28th, 2011

Highly recommend Dr. Smith. She was the third neurologist I saw and she was the first one to really explain my condition to me. Caring, professional, and highly knowledgeable.

Lisa show details Lisa
by Lisa on Sep 5th, 2010

I have to agree with Tara, she became the most rude and unprofessional Dr. I have ever had. She started out great, or so I thought! I saw her starting in Nov. of 2009 for Multiple Sclerosis. I thought she was compassionate and caring, but her attitude took a 180 by the last appointment I had with her in August of 2010. She began treating me like I was a hypochondriac and was completely nasty with me. I will never step foot in her office again and have found a new doctor. I do NOT recommend her.

May 6th, 2010

Spent time with me to explain things very clearly. Kind, caring, and very knowledgable. I highly recommend her.

by Tara on Feb 25th, 2010

The most rude and unprofessional physician that I ever went to. The office staff was unprofessional as well.

Aug 4th, 2009

Best doctor I've ever had.