Dr. Elizabeth Caron DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 3rd, 2011
Excellent Doctor.
Dr. Elizabeth Caron is an excellent Osteopathic physician. She cares for her patients and does a thourough work up when indicated. I think her billing policies were well explained by the staff and the physician herself.We need more doctors like her in NYC.

July 3rd, 2011
Helped where other Docs couldn't
Dr. Caron found the problem in my back that 2 other Docs did not and explained very clearly what the problem was. With only 2 more treatments, and some physical therapy, the pain was gone in only a few weeks - after over a year of being in pain!! She's great!

February 19th, 2011
There's no transparency about her fees. At least there wasn't when I went. SHe is a good doctor, but you must be aware of the clause that says you will be paying a DEPOSIT towards what your fee will be. I waited 8 months to find our that I was being charged $250 or more a session when I thought that highest rate was $165 after the initial visit which was $340.I was VERY UPSET.
Doctor's Response

I am sorry for the misunderstanding and I value your concerns. I place utmost importance on patient communication and care and take your criticism seriously. To make it easier for my patients during the economic recession, I bill the insurance company directly and accept partial payment from the patient while waiting for the insurance company to respond. I created this deposit policy as a courtesy so the patient would not have to pay in full at the time of service, thus lessening the patient%u2019s out-of-pocket expenses while my office awaits insurance payment. I cannot control how long the insurance company will take to respond to the submission, the deductible, and the coinsurance responsibilities. I urge all my patients to educate themselves on their healthcare plans and know their deductibles and coinsurance responsibilites. Concerning the fee scale, I do have the fees posted in the waiting room and online. I also instruct my staff to review this scale with each new patient. I have reviewed our system since your comment to make sure the fee system is clearly understood. I welcome any feed back directly to my office at info@osteopathyny.com. Sincerely, Dr Caron

November 10th, 2010
Outstanding and truly caring Doctor. A great asset to the medical world.

May 19th, 2017