Dr. Elizabeth Chahine MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 1st, 2012
Never again
I thought I was going to one of the top fibroid centers in the country. Boy, was I wrong. The TWO hour wait for my initial consultation should have been a red flag. My appointment was scheduled for 2pm. I did not see Dr. Chahine until after 4pm. After doing an ultrasound, she recommended a hysteroscopic myomectomy for a fibroid that was the size of my fist. After talking with other people who expressed doubt, I still trusted the doctor to go through with the surgery. After a follow-up MRI at the hospital (where I spent the whole day because the office staff never sent my preapproval forms to the insurance company, thus bumping my appointment time from 9:30 am to almost 4pm) Dr. Chahine told me I would need a full-on abdominal myomectomy. She should have known that all along, based on the size of the fibroid, the hysteroscopic technique would have been a waste of time. After that I never went back.I found another, more competent doctor who expressed shock that a doctor would even suggest hysteroscopic myomectomy for the size of fibroid that I had.

June 21st, 2012
the worst OBGYN I know
I was there for a second opinion and didn't plan to have a surgery in the office. But she cut it anyway which was against my will and also caused heavy bleeding. I almost went to the emergency room for that. She put extra amount of drug to stop the bleeding which later caused the damage. I went back a couple days later for a checkup and waited for three hours before she showed up.

March 31st, 2010
insurance staff awful
I loved Dr Chahine BUT tried to get an mri TWICE that the she ordered for me but TWICE the MRI company could not get Dr Chahine's staff to provide them with the documentation necessary to get insurance approval. I made a pt complaint with the hospital after the first incident and was ASSURED it would not happen again. I won't go there again...this is indicative of the care I might receive for the surgery I need. Too bad...I will take my 15k surgery dollars elsewhere. Maybe if someone sees this they will fix the glitches in their system.

April 6th, 2017