Dr. Elizabeth Covington MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

September 11th, 2015
Poor service
I will never go there again. Dr. Covington is incompetent, the staff is rude Receptionist went from Receptionist to Business Office Manager and is not capable of doing that. Wrong medication. I could go on .

February 19th, 2015
If I could give this MD negative stars I would. I fell in Nov with a injury to my ankle. I was out on disability for the fall. I came to visit her today to get my disability extended. I brought my MRI, xrays, diagnosis from the orthopedic surgeon and she would not extend my disability. I was even in a brace. Besides keeping me waiting almost 30min when the office was empty, she spent the majority of the time telling me how overweight I was and that I needed a trainer. So how do you suppose I can afford a trainer when I am on disability and how am I suppose to work out when I can barely walk. And on top of that she took my 100$ for nothing. Horrible, old lady.

December 29th, 2014
Better staff
The new staff has made a big difference. They are nicer and shorter waits. Much better than before!

May 17th, 2013
HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!!!!!
Do not go 2 this doctor. Herself and the office staff should be put away. They NEVER call back as they say, do not follow up from referrals and the doctor herself is INSENSITIVE. I would not recommend this facility to an animal. People expect a physician to have the patients interest in mind, this is not the place. Please save yourself the aggravation and don't step foot in this office.

March 28th, 2012
Well...
I believe Dr. Covington once was a great doctor. I have been a patient of hers for almost 8 years now and within the last 3 she has been quite impersonable. My last doctor visit with her left me upset when she delved into my personal problems and spoke to me as if I was a child. I take full responsibility for my health problems, but did not feel it was necessary to be treated like as if I was her daughter. I will not be returning to her office.

June 23rd, 2011
-As a new patient, was not notified prior to appointment copay was not accepted by credit card. Had to go across the street in early morning in sketchy neighborhood to get to an ATM.-They couldn't find the new patient paperwork. Wound up going in an hour.5 past when my appt was set for.-Paperwork didn't ask for current medications and neither did the staff...what???-Office is disheveled looking, waiting area small and used.-At least one of the nurses looked downright unhygienic. She looked as if she'd rolled out of bed, not showered, and on top of it, was wearing a ratty college sweatshirt over her scrubs. You can imagine my surprise when SHE DREW MY BLOOD.-Rooms themselves not dirty...but not very clean either. Very used, not very thoroughly cleaned everywhere.-Doctor seemed nice, and at first I was relieved, until she gave me medical advice that she prefaced with "This isn't scientific or anything" and proceeded to give me hokey medical advice that didn't jive with anything I'd experienced.-Prescribed medication THAT I WAS ALREADY TAKING. I told her what I was taking, and she prescribed the same version with exactly the same compounds in it, just a name brand version. I consulted with my uncle, who's also a doctor, and he confirmed they were the exact same medications.-Don't go here. Avoid at all costs.

December 1st, 2010
As a new patient it took an extended amount of time to verify my insurance. This process should have been done prior to my visit, afterall I did have an appt. Upon Dr. Covington entering my exam room her first words were "YOU NEED TO LOOSE SOME WEIGHT". I was lost for words! What happened to a professional introduction as well as some sort of gratitude for choosing her as my primary physician? Needless to say I promptly called Blue Cross and chose another doctor. I'm completely satisfied now.

February 17th, 2009
Incrediably Rude Office Staff
I went to this doctor a couple of times, the doctor herself is not to bad, but her nurses are horrible. They don't call you back, even to tell you your test results. You have to track them down and ask them to go look for your file and tell you your results. I would not recomend this doctor to anyone.