Obstetricians & Gynecologists
13890 Braddock Rd
Ste 103
Centreville, VA 20121
703-988-9898
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
Jan 29th, 2014

I have been a patient for years! Dr. E is very knowledgable and down to earth. She talks a little fast but if you don't catch what she says she usually goes over everything 1 more time very thoroughly. She's handled a lot of serious medical issues of mine. She will tell you like it is which I like a lot because honesty goes a long with doctors. Her staff is very nice! Always a delight to be there for an appointment! Will be going to her for many years more.

|  Very Good Doctor  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2013

If your a new pt like I was last year you will get paperwork to fill out which that takes the longest but after that first appt you fly in pretty much. Dr.Elguera is a great doctor! She knows what shes talking about! I'm happy I came across her office! Her staff is as kind as can be a very helpful. Will deff be a long term patient.

|  worth the wait!  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2013

I may have had to wait a little while but she explained things thoroughly to me in a way I could understand

May 29th, 2013

I loved Dr Elguera it is my third visit there you have to know not all doctors smile as longest they know what they're doing thats all it matters and she knows what to do when the medical issues come... Her staff is very nice, Sometimes Receptionist put you on hold for a while but if you dont get thru send a message thru the web the Medical Assistant will answer you in seconds....

Oct 4th, 2012

When it comes to Dr. Elguera it depends on what you mind and don't mind. If you're finicky about waiting and the overall 'look' of the office then you might have a problem with her. Dr. Elguera is funny and makes you feel really comfortable, and for me that is a much more important quality. She speaks quickly, so you need to go in mentally prepped with your questions (which she has no problem answering in extensive detail) you just can't expect her to pull the questions out of you, so I definitely wouldn't recommend her for an eighteen year old. One thing I do appreciate is how she will warn you about potential insurance problems with certain tests or medications. Overall, awesome personality, really good doctor.

|  First time visit :)  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2012

The doctor of the obgyn office I work for recommended me to this doctor because she knows Dr Elguera so I called and made an appt. I got all my papers done and the staff is very friendly. The receptionist and medical assistant are both sweethearts. I wasn't very fawn when the doctor rushed out one of the rooms looked at me without saying a word, spoke to the receptionist in a very sarcastic manner and rushed back in the room. I thought it was very rude of her cOnsidering I work at an office myself. When I waited in the room she came in and finally greeted me and saw me in a timely manner. She was good but seemed as if she has some patience issues and will be speaking to the obgyn doctor I work with about my exPerience.

|  Good Experience!  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2012

I read a couple of iffy reviews but I called the office anyways to make an appt and was greeted politely when I called. I made the appt and the schedule was very flexible to mine. Once I went I was then welcomed by the sweet young receptionist. I think she told me her name was Veronica. She's a great help! I got all my paper work and she explained to me everything I had to fill out. I was waiting for a little bit because since your new you always have to fill papers out :) then I was called by the MA who is great to talk to! Very sociable and friendly. The doctor welcomed me to the practice and got done with my appt fast! The office is a little small but the staff is great! The doctor could smile a little more but overall good.

|  My Favorite Doctor  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2012

Dr. Elguera is an extremely informative and caring doctor. She is busy and may seem rushed, but she will answer any question and always leaves me well informed. I have had her perform a surgical procedure - she was wonderful. I have been there for about a year. I always feel recognized and welcome and I know what's going on once I've visited with her. I recommend her highly and hope that I can be her patient for a very long time.

Mar 14th, 2011

I saw this doctor for over a year for a very simple medical issue. She was not able to help me and in the mean time I spent a lot of money and had a lot of mental anguish. In addition, her staff is very poor and has messed up every prescription, lab result, etc that I have had with them. I do not recommend wasting your time with this doctor.

May 1st, 2010

Dr. Elguera and her staff are very friendly! She gave me her home phone number when she knew I might be miscarrying and helped me through the whole process. She explains things really well! Her staff could be a little more skilled, but they are friendly and helpful.

|  First time and last time patient  |  show details
by Upset and Frustrated on Apr 30th, 2009

I recently moved to the area and was looking for an OBGYN to simply complete my annual exam. I called the office and received a message that they were at lunch and to call back at 2pm. When I did the receptionist was able to make an appointment in a reasonable time frame and asked me to go online to complete paperwork before arriving. I did so, even though the system was cumbersome at best and asked for granular detail on previous medical history that I did not know off the top of my head. Additionally they asked for my previous doctors contact information to obtain records. When I arrived at the office I was taken aback by the cramped and cluttered space and the entire facility looked as if it were more along the lines of a free clinic then an upstanding practice. I was appauled by the lack of concern for patient confidentiality as I was able to see several forms from previous patients laying face up on the check in counter. I was given additional paperwork to complete, which appeared to simply be duplicates of what I had already completed online. However what was startling is that they required me to pay a co-pay and leave credit card information with them so they could directly bill me for any medical procedures that were not covered by my insurance. An hour and 20 minutes after arriving, and completing the paperwork with nothing to do I was shown to an exam room. A room that was adjacent to the waiting area and had walls so thin I could hear what the doctor and patient had discussed previously. I patiently waited an additional 30 minutes before the doctor rushed in, obtained previous history information (for the 3rd time) asked if I had my medical chart from my previous doctor, examined me and left. She never made eye contact and never welcomed me to her practice. She asked questions that she clearly had no concern for the answer and brushed off any discomfort I had by simply not responding. I contemplated leaving the office not only because of the wait time and complete lack of patient confidentiality, but also because I was mildly concerned with the sanitation of the exam rooms if the waiting area and blood pressure area were any indication. However I thought that I was being over critical since my last OBGYN was such a gem. All in all, I believe my assessment of the staff, office, and doctor are not exaggerated and a prime example of why a good doctor is much harder to find then a good man. I will not be making further appointments with this practice and I would strongly suggest that you do not either.

|  Bad experience  |  show details
by gringo on Apr 16th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Be prepared to wait , wait and wait . Bad organization , and also they treat you like if they are giving you , for free. Don't have a great experience ...at all.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  bad organization...  |  show details
by gringo on Apr 16th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Make an appoitment and be prepared to wait , wait and wait, Make it on your day off, because you will be having trouble to get in time at work, Poor service , long faces , they treat you like if you are going for free, without paying a cent ...

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  Office Staff  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2008

The office staff seem annoyed when they answer the phone. Dr. Elguera doesn't spend enough time with you. She is very knowledgeable, but bombards you with alot of medical information at once, with no time to absorb what she's said so you can ask a question.