Dr. Elizabeth Grattan Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Elizabeth Grattan?

Very thorough

Posted on February 15th, 2016

I really like Dr. Grattan. She took time, checked me over and listened. Very professional but friendly. My Internist had recommended her as I wanted a woman. Her credentials are excellent, top of class .

Bewared of unnecessary procedures

Posted on May 14th, 2015

Dr. Grattan was the typical dermatologist of these days - quick to complete her checkup and interested in skimming of additional payments from patients. She recommended removing a mole from my leg for a biopsy. I agreed, given that she is the doctor and I trust that she has my best interest in mind, and I was scared when she suggested that it needed to be biopsied. The mole was benign, thankfully. After the fact, I had a second opinion - and mind you, for my own records, I have pictures of my "skin map" so I was able to provide photos to the second doctor, who said that the mole looked perfectly normal and he would not have suggested cutting it out. Now, I have a permanent ugly scar that shows when I wear skirts, dresses, or shorts. I truly believe that this was simply an attempt on Dr. Grattan's behalf to skim more money off what would have been a routine visit. The biopsy was nearly three times the cost of the regular checkup. Beware!! Have a second opinion BEFORE agreeing to any procedures or biopsies recommended by Dr. Grattan (or any other doctor for that matter). Final comment, I had a question for her after the checkup, while she was still entering notes into her computer. She seemed disturbed and not interested in addressing my question since we were no longer in "checkup mode." Why is it so difficult to find a dermatologist who genuinely cares about good skin health and not simply adding on procedures or products to boost their profits?

Inappropriate diagnosis

Posted on April 7th, 2015

She didnot listen to my problem by spending enough time. Inaccurate diagnosis for hair loss and itchy scalp. I would strongly not recommend her.

Posted on September 20th, 2017