Dr. Elizabeth Haglind MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 22nd, 2015
Very thorough and thoughtful
After a bit of a wait to get onto her calendar as a new patient, follow up visits were very timely. Dr. Haglind took the time to answer every question we had and to be very thorough in her examination. She dictated her report in our presence so we knew exactly what was happening and there were no surprises. She and the whole staff have been wonderful.

April 23rd, 2015
Huge disappointment
Dr. Haglind was unprofessional, rude, dismissive, and not at all helpful. I was looking for someone who was willing to work with me to help me feel better, and she didn't do that at all. In fact some of her advice that she gave with utter confidence is simply wrong according to nationally recognized associations. She wasn't open to discussion, she didn't respect my opinions, she ignored most of what I said, and she basically told me I was wasting my time. She doesn't need to tell me it was a waste of my time, money, and energy going to that appointment. I would never see her again and will tell anyone I know looking for an endocrinologist to steer clear.

November 23rd, 2011
Not impressed
Dr. Haglind has a poor bedside manner. I felt that she had her own agenda for treatment and only focused on that. Many of the facts she dicatated while I was in the room were incorrect. I saw her for 2 different reasons and she chose to ignore one condition-that actually I was more concerned about, and focus on another condition, that may in fact be realted to the other. I found her to make many assumptions without validating the truth with me. She uses vocabulary that the average patient would not understand. She was not open to alternatives and in fact became rude when I did not readily agree with her. I will definitely be getting a second opinion!

April 9th, 2011
Efficient and thorough and patient
I was referred to Dr Haglind for osteopenia. Surprised to meet a very pleasant doctor who did not rush through the appointment and took the time to explain my condition and all the options I can choose. She is not a pill-pusher. I would gladly recommend Dr Haglind for bone issues.

February 16th, 2011
Saw her once and will never return...
I do not recommend Dr. Haglind. She is too young to effectively treat multi-issue patients when it comes to sorting out symptoms, determining a diagnosis and rendering appropriate treatment. Subtle findings on lab tests are not her forte. Further, lab results seem to be the only thing she relies on to any degree, as opposed to a patient's symptoms. In my case, a critical lab test was barely in the normal range, but she immediately deemed the lab result to be absolutely normal and of no further interest to her. No matter that my symptoms developed five months after that barely normal lab test was done. She initially refused to do another lab test at the time of my appointment until I pointed out that the labs she so heavily relied on were five months old.Worse, she spouts "explanations" to me, the patient, as if she is quoting a text book by rote, with no editing by her to accommodate the patient and the patient's symptoms and issues, the patient who is sitting right in front of her. Internet searches are as generalized and non-patient specific as her explanations.I was referred to her for a possible thyroid issue; she dismissed it because my thyroid test (five months old) was just barely normal. Having dismissed that issue, she zeroed in on a vitamin D deficiency, the one clearly abnormal lab finding (a lab finding also five months old as of my appt with her). No matter that I was treating this deficiency with my primary doctor. She zeroes in on this vitamin deficiency and thereafter discusses nothing else but treatment for it. One of several treatment recommendations she made to me was to go to a tanning booth in order to increase my vitamin D levels. ! I believe it's called an invitation to skin cancer. Then she recommends 50,000 units of vitamin D, three times per week for 8 weeks--with no comment as to my long history of often severe debilitation from high doses of oral medications and supplements. (I listed this problem with oral medications/supplements on a four page form her office asked me to fill out to "help" the doctor, only much of what I wrote down went unnoticed by her.) Dr. Haglind than claimed that after I took these massive doses of vitamin D orally, summer would be here and my outside activity would maintain normal levels of vitamin D. Nice try, except for one thing, which has to do with precisely why my vitamin D levels are so low. I am totally disabled and have been for 8 years, home bound and/or bed ridden most of the time. I am rarely outside, no matter what the weather. But she didn't think to ask or consider why my vitamin D level was so low. If she had, it would have helped her tailor her recommendations. Again, she parroted text book recommendations that were inapplicable to the patient sitting in front of her. These issues are only the tip of the ice berg in my awful experience with her. I've seen a number of different doctors in different specialties over nearly 10 years, and she takes the cake at being the least helpful and the most dismissive and the least informed about me, the patient. My appointment was pointless and the six weeks I waited to see her were a waste, along with the money I paid to hire someone to drive me to and from her office, given my disability hinders my ability to drive. I called Patient Advocacy at Dr. Haglind's clinic to discuss my concerns about my experience with her and am filling out this comment in the hopes that it limits the number of people who experience what I did and have to pay for the privilege.