Dr. Elizabeth Horton Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Elizabeth Horton?

Clinical Depression

Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.

Have you seen Dr. Elizabeth Horton?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

March 20th, 2017

One of the worst doctors ever

I started seeing her years ago. She started fine listened somewhat, although she does wave her hand dismissively at anything that is said. She found my sleep paralysis was due to not entering REM sleep through a sleep study. However over the past two years her manner has changed drastically. You are lucky to have under a 2 hour wait time in the lobby and another hour in a room after her inept nurses talk to you and try to diagnose you themselves. Then she tells you, or at least me, that I should sleep more regular, I should eat healthier, I should avoid sugar, I should avoid caffeine. I do all this and I am still having issues with sleep paralysis I and RLS, she informs me I am lying to her. I inform her of my issues and she blames me for not seeing her often, when I follow appointments she schedules. She makes lab appointments almost every time I see her, yet she claims "I can't​ tell you much without getting into the details and biochemistry of the thing". Okay I really would like to know what is that is giving me some issues and causing my conditions. I just saw her today after a 3 hour wait and was informed another appointment in a month and was again waved off. Had to speak with the higher ups due to "making a scene". Worst doctor ever. I see me changing sooner rather than later.

October 5th, 2016

Rude rude and rude

This doctor spent no time at all with me. She didn't explain anything or let me even tell her what was going on with me. She made me feel like I did not matter. She scared me and told me I needed a B12 shot immediately, yet did not give the shot in her office nor would help me to figure out how to get one. She then wrote me a script for it and the pharmacy had to call her and wait for her to return their call because she didn't properly fill the script out. I had to find a nurse friend to give me the shot from the script she wrote. A few times she actually waved her hands in the air at things I would attempt to ask or tell her about and she'd tell me there was nothing she could do about it. I shared something very personal with her in regards to my fears of having an MRI and she completely ignored what I had shared and said there was nothing she could do about the MRI that I would have to talk to the techs about my worries. My mother was with me as well, and she and I both felt like we this doctor was in a rush, did not care at all about what was going on with me, actually didn't even know what was going on with me because she wouldn't listen to anything I tried to share and wouldn't really ask me questions so that she could discover my problem. Dr. Horton's bed side manner is a complete zero! If I knew how to give a zero or negative star on here I would! I actually left our first appointment in tears. I left the second frustrated, and there will not be a third. I don't know how she has any patients!

August 28th, 2016

Dr Horton was placed as my Neurologist year 2001, brain injury. Dr Horton did great job. Best work... I just recently Started seeing Dr Horton again, an she does take time talk with me, an had few different test ran, to figure out problem. I would recommend Dr Horton, she does Great job for her patients and their health.

October 27th, 2014

Had appointment for neurological disorder . She dismissed all other doctors findings and basically called me crazy . With no testing. Switched to neurologist at another hospital who clearly sees the problem on a specialized test. One she failed to order.

July 27th, 2017