Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Preventive Medicine

1400 S Orlando Ave
Ste 305
Winter Park, FL 32789
407-740-6050
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
 |  Horrible Bed Side Manor, Rude Staff  |  show details
by Anon2828 at Citysearch on Feb 23rd, 2012 on citysearch.com

I went to my last appointment to Dr. Hunter today. I will NEVER return. I had gone to her for my annual pap smear and had several questions for her regarding different types of birth control. She gave short, text book answers that I didn`t understand. I asked her to tell me in \"layman`s terms\" and she repeated herself word for word. When I asked her to recommend an acne cream, she tried to seel me a 30 bottle of face wash. She did not have samples to try so I didn`t purchase it. Who would spend 30 on a face wash with out knowing anything about it She also does not give out samples of meds. I have gone to other Drs. that give you different types of birth control samples to try. She doesn`t...which I think its unprofessional of any gyno. Her bed side mannor is terribe, she avoids eye contact, doesnt smile and acts like she is annoyed with her staff and patients. She has a \"holier than thou\" attitude. After the visit, I was asked to pay 200 because I hadnt met my deductable and they were unable to provide me with any type of receipt!! When I asked when I would be able to get one, the rude receptionist just laughed in my face and said...`\"Well, you might have to pay more, so we will send you a bill and that will be sufficient for you records\" I left feeling ripped off, violated and generally unhappy with the experience. She is a terrible Dr!!!!!!!!!

|  Horrible Bed Side Manor, Rude Staff  |  show details
by Anon2828 at Citysearch on Feb 23rd, 2012 on citysearch.com

I went to my last appointment to Dr. Hunter today. I will NEVER return. I had gone to her for my annual pap smear and had several questions for her regarding different types of birth control. She gave short, text book answers that I didn`t understand. I asked her to tell me in \"\"layman`s terms\"\" and she repeated herself word for word. When I asked her to recommend an acne cream, she tried to seel me a 30 bottle of face wash. She did not have samples to try so I didn`t purchase it. Who would spend 30 on a face wash with out knowing anything about it She also does not give out samples of meds. I have gone to other Drs. that give you different types of birth control samples to try. She doesn`t...which I think its unprofessional of any gyno. Her bed side mannor is terribe, she avoids eye contact, doesnt smile and acts like she is annoyed with her staff and patients. She has a \"\"holier than thou\"\" attitude. After the visit, I was asked to pay 200 because I hadnt met my deductable and they were unable to provide me with any type of receipt!! When I asked when I would be able to get one, the rude receptionist just laughed in my face and said...`\"\"Well, you might have to pay more, so we will send you a bill and that will be sufficient for you records\"\" I left feeling ripped off, violated and generally unhappy with the experience. She is a terrible Dr!!!!!!!!!

Aug 16th, 2010

My first visit to Dr. Hunter was very pleasant, very comfortable feeling. And she was the only Dr. that suggested a particular test to find out why I was having so many problems to get down to my repeated problems. Which was a great thing because now I have closure and an answer to what is going on with my body now. The gynecologist I had been going to for at least 8 or more years never tested me further even after I suggested maybe he do so and he didn't. The first visit to her and she herself suggested the test. Now I have the proper diagnosis and an answer and a treatment plan to my problem. Thanks Dr. Hunter

Jul 12th, 2010

Excellent doctor - very caring and professional. Got a same day appointment when it was necessary.

|  Liked Dr. Hunter but the professionalismfollowup is lacking and it`s needed!  |  show details
by Patient0 at Citysearch on Jan 13th, 2009 on citysearch.com

I am a former patient. Dr. Hunter seems nice and I liked her. She is quiet but friendly. However, when I had an issue and called the office a few days after a visit and getting no relief from the prescription she gave me, I never got a callback. Theyshe just don`t return your calls. I can understand once slipping through the cracksthings happen of course but it happened more than once. I had to go to my regular doc twice who diagnosed me correctly immediately. She`s supposed to be a gyn specialist so that concerns me. I must say that even one of the nurses asked me to write a letter to her explaining why I wasn`t coming back there. What does that tell you I visited another office in Baldwin Park and the difference just walking in the door was very apparent. It`s sad because she was convenient to me location wise but the service and professionalism is lacking. Get a good reccomendation on a doctor from a friend before you visit here please.

by anonymous32789 on Jan 13th, 2009 on citysearch.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Hunter's for about a year and the nurse is the best I have ever seen. She was courteous, kind, sympathetic and gentile. The doctor takes time to listen to all our your problems and will see you when you need the appt, not wh

|  Doctor  |  show details
by anonymous32789 at Citysearch on Jan 13th, 2009 on citysearch.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Hunter`s for about a

|  M Wood  |  show details
Dec 18th, 2008

Dr. Hunter Has been a wonderful, caring physician. Over the years I have not been as lucky with some of the Drs I have been "assigned"by Ins. Co. or have gone to because of recommendations from friends. I nearly died after being treated incorrectly by two Drs ( in partnership). Dr. Hunter always takes the time to run any and all tests to confirm a diagnoses and then follows up to check on the effectiveness of her treatment. Her staff is friendly and very cooperative. I have been very satisfied with Dr. Hunter and feel very confident that she will do everything in her power to keep me healthy.

|  Very gruff bedside manner for such a personal exam  |  show details
by hippoprincess at Citysearch on Oct 15th, 2008 on citysearch.com

The nurses were very friendly and put me at ease and explained each step of my visit. The doctor on the other hand was not friendly, was slightly condescending and seemed bothered and aggravated by my questions. As the doctor wrote out notes on her charts she spoke to me without ever looking up and did not make any effort to make eye contact with me. When I was told she would be writing out a prescription and that I also needed to go to another facility for more testsproceedures she did not clearly explain what was happening or what I should expect. I was very nervous and worried and whe I told her that I felt that way she told me it was a waste of energy. I would not visit this doctors office again and would hope that next time a patient is distressed over a possibly serious medical condition the correct sympathyapathy or support could be shown by the physician.

|  Excellent doctor!  |  show details
by Caroline on Apr 22nd, 2008

I have been a patient of Dr. Hunter for 8 years. She is extremely well qualified and she really does know her business. She has been the only doctor who actually took the time to read and go through my extensive history with a yellow marker. She sat and read each and every page. It took her over 15 minutes to read all that paperwork. Sometimes she would flip back and forth to check whenever she wanted to verify or double-check something. Over these past 8 years I can tell you that: A) the office staff is nice and appointments are not difficult to get B) the waiting room time can be annoying and waiting for half an hour is not uncommon C) Dr. Hunter can sometimes come across as a bit gruff and non caring ... even moody. Sometimes I have to remind her that I don't speak "medical" and don't understand what she is trying to say to me. But she DOES care and behind that sometimes gruff demeaneor is a very smart doctor who takes her practice very seriously D) When you need surgery, she is really there for you and makes sure, obsessively so actually, that everything will go as smoothly as possible E) If you ever have to leave the practice you will find that when you bring your records to your new gyno they are invariably impressed with her excellent note taking (all typed by the way and not scribbled) and accurate diagnosis F) and yes, at times she wants me to return to the office far more frequently than I would like (although I DO have a cancer history) but you know what? It's NOT the money ... she just wants to make sure that the bases are covered and that you will live a long and healthy life. I now live a long distance away from Dr. Hunter and I have tried to "replace" her, so far nobody has even come close so I make the long drive. I would not do that for just anybody!

by katie0513 on Jul 31st, 2006 on citysearch.com

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Nice Doctor, but is very busy and is not good at answering all questions  |  show details
by katie0513 at Citysearch on Jul 31st, 2006 on citysearch.com

Very nice office. The nurses are very helpful, but the doctor is very busy. It feels kinda rushed when you see her so the best thing to do is to come in with a written list of the questions you want answered while your there other than that is was a good experience.