1.0

Hard to believe she's a trained psychiatrist show details Hard to believe she's a trained psychiatrist
Mar 11th, 2014

During my first meeting with Dr. Kieff (for crisis counseling), I described the problem I was facing and why I was seeking her counsel. She responded by explaining that she had not diagnosed me yet. I told her that I understood that, but was explaining the symptoms I was experiencing and what I hoped I could do (alleviate those symptoms). She then proceeded to explain in a vague way that there are certain things she can help with and certain things she cannot, and whether she would or would not be able to help would be based on her "professional observations." I can't imagine a much less-helpful way to address a person in crisis than to prattle on vaguely about the shortcomings of psychiatry. I was a lot more depressed and hopeless after 5 minutes with her than I was when I walked in the door. I can't believe a University would think this is a good person to deal with emotionally unstable 20-somethings.