Dr. Elizabeth Roth Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Elizabeth Roth?

11 Ratings with 1 Comment

October 16th, 2015

Ridiculous

I gave 2 stars due to one interaction with Dr. Roth. I have no issue with her. However, her office staff (St. Vincent's, 86th Street, Indianapolis) is horrible. Recently, I returned from overseas with what I thought was some sort of food poisoning. I called her office and left a message to have a nurse call me back. A few hours later, a nurse from OBGYN called me back. Neither of us could figure out why my message was forwarded to that area. She transferred my call back to Dr. Roth's office and the receptionist answered. After explaining the issue to her, she transferred me again, presumably to the nurse station. Several rings later, the call bounced back to the receptionist who, without word, immediately transferred the call back. Again, the phone rang several times and bounced back to the receptionist. She transferred me again. After going thru this cycle about 5 times, the call bounced back to the receptionist who then picked up the receiver and hung up on me without a word. When I called back, I was not allowed to speak to anyone, but ended up leaving another message for the nurse. I did not receive a call back. Midway thru the next day, I realized I hadn't received a call back so I called the main hospital number. The female that answered stated she could do nothing for me but transfer my call, which she did. Shockingly, someone answered the phone (a receptionist named Pam) but I was again transferred to the nurse station and forced to leave another message. Eventually, a nurse called me back and was able to schedule and appointment for me to meet with another doctor the following day. A RIDICULOUSLY LONG PROCESS FOR NO REASON. THANK GOD MY CONDITION DIDN'T WORSEN. There is a serious problem with the office staff here. I may have turned a cheek to being hung up on or called it an accident had this been an isolated event but it wasn't. Several months prior, I was having fainting spells, shortness of breath and other odd symptoms so I attempted to call Dr. Roth's office for an appointment. Every single call made (many back to back) was rudely disconnected. I actually heard the receiver being picked up and hung up each call I made. The time of day didn't matter. Thank god I finally took a pregnancy test that confirmed my condition and was able to get an appointment with my OBGYN a month later. Seems like the only way to speak to a live person in this office is to be transferred from within the company. Then again, the only receptionist that is helpful in this office is Pam. This is absolutely horrible for someone with a health concern to be treated this way. I'm not even sure Dr. Roth is aware of this. I hope there are some changes in this officer. The female receptionist that hung up on me definitely has some professional issues that are going to end up costing the doctors in this office and St. Vincent's in a major way. I had to switch doctors due to this mess. Patients should never have to deal with anything like this. This site says Dr. Roth is accepting new patients so she can't be overbooked.... No excuse.

May 4th, 2017