Dr. Mary Mason Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mary Mason?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Mary Mason?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 1st, 2016

Ms.

I had been referred to Dr. Mason by another doctor as I have two endocrine issues. ( thyroid and PCOS) Dr. Mason could not locate my precious years of labs that I had hand-carried in, the week before but insisted that her staff was excellent and I must not have brought them in. This is actually why I hand carried 4 years of medical records. Luckily I pulled up my labcorp results on my phone , or at least as many as I could. Based on labs alone and my current medication protocol, she said she disagreed with my diagnosis. She said and used the term "struck out twice" and told me she had no idea why I was so fatigued and told me that I did not have a thyroid issue. I told her she was viewing labs where I was already on thyroid medication. It didn't matter to her. I told her also that I had contracted Lymes several months back, which she also ignored. She told me I felt "clammy" and that I had no reason to be "clammy" as the room was very cool. She asked me if I was menopausal. I told her I didn't think so and then she asked rather snidely "do you have periods?" When I said yes, she said "then you're not menopausal"! I have never experienced a doctor with a more condensing bedside manner. It took everything not to burst into tears in the exam room and I was freaking out as she was speaking to me extremely harshly. I was also in a panic about her not listening to me. I was panicking with my iPhone trying to pull labs off a tiny little screen because she was telling me she couldn't find any. Apparently PCOS is not an endocrine problem anymore. I should tell my referring doc. Honestly I've never had a doctor fail to even attempt to problem solve. She said she didn't need to see me again. But she thought I should get off my thyroid medication. She told me I would "feel like crap" but didn't offer to monitor the weening process. I would not recommend.

October 14th, 2015

Excellent Physician

I have been a patient for over 9 years. Dr. Mason is very calm, listens to any and all questions - even suggestions - and spends as much time with you as needed. She keeps a computer in the room and goes over testing, etc., even ones done by other doctors. In fact last week, she encouraged me to call another of my physicians when she saw the results of my blood work done earlier in the a.m.

August 14th, 2012

This doctor makes you wait all day to get 5 min. check up with ill effects.

This doctor makes you wait all day to get 5 min. check up with ill effects. It's hard to make an appointment and if you miss an appointment; she cancels all of your medication. Buyer Beware!!!

February 4th, 2012

Dr. Elizabeth Mason

Dr Mason had no bedside manner what so ever. Demonstrated very little care/concern for patient feedback and used strictly laboratory data to make decisions, without listening to patient symptoms for treatment/management of thyroid hormone levels. I will not return to her practice and would not recommend new patients.

July 20th, 2011

One of my favorite doctors

Dr. Mason is one of my favorite doctors. She is extremely thorough and detailed and spends a lot of time with me explaining lab results or whatever questions I have. She has a computer screen in the examining room where she brings up test results so I can follow along as she explains them. I trust her and highly recommend her.

October 5th, 2008

Excellence - for 10 years +

I haev been a patient of Dr Mason for 10+ years and have received tremendous care from her.

August 16th, 2017