Dr. Elizabeth Mathison MD Patient Reviews

3.8

March 21st, 2016
Excellent Doctor!

June 23rd, 2015
Bad patient care from staff
I was looking forward to having Dr. Mathison as my PCP. She came highly recommended from a friend. I went in to have blood work done. Doctor did the usual questions. I did mention a pain I was having. Doctor ordered a CT scan. She nor her assistant told me what type of CT scan I was having. I learned the hard way what kind of CT Scan I was having. I was told to go sit in a chair in lab waiting. Dr. Mathison's assistant came around the corner, handed me the outpatient procedure request form, and said "You know where the MRI place is at Providence right? I said yes, she took off. I didn't have time to ask her any questions. I show up for the test. The clerk at the hospital ask me had I drunk the contrast this morning, I said no, what are you talking about? She said the doctors office was supposed to give you contrast to drink and instructions. I said well they didn't. I thought to myself "crap" this probably isn't going to go well. Dr. Mathison's assistant never gave me the instructions on test or where to get the contrast. Apparently, she knew, but she was going to tell me. Because of the assistants ineptness I had a long, grueling, and horrible day at the hospital. I didn't even receive basic patient care, much less good patent care. When my test results were in I never received a call from doctors office. I finally went to doctors and ask for the results. The clerk got up from her chair, retrieved my chart, got the results, made a copy. handed it to me and said--Nurse said it was normal (what nurse?). I thought to myself-- What? the doctor is not even going to go over my test results or try to find out the source of the pain I am still having? Apparently, this doctor's office doesn't care at all for their patients. Get them in, get their money and get them out. I will never go back to the doctor's office.

January 27th, 2015
Awesome Doctor!

April 29th, 2013
Not a good listener won't hear what I have to say about what's wrong with me. Assumes the same thing is wrong with me each time I go in.

November 1st, 2012
I would recommend her to others,she is wonderful

December 23rd, 2010
Absolutely love her!

November 30th, 2009
Dr. Mathison is an excellent doctor. My 87 year old mother would not be alive today if it had not been for her. Dr. Mathison found a spot on my mothers lung which turned out to be cancer. Because it was a very tiny spot(T1) my mother did not need chemotherapy. Luckily my mother had changed from another doctor to Dr. Mathison, or she would not be alive today. I credit Dr. Mathison with saving my Mothers life because of finding this cancer. My Mother was 79 at the time and not in good health. She might not have been able to withstand chemo if the cancer had been allowed to spread. She would have surely died. Thank you Dr. Mathison. I will be forever greatful to you for saving my Mother.