Dr. Elizabeth Mcclure Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Elizabeth Mcclure?

Urinary Incontinence

Urinary Incontinence

Have you seen Dr. Elizabeth Mcclure?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 21st, 2014

Professsional, kind, caring, intelligent

Dr McClure has been recognized by her profession as one of the outstanding OB Gyn physicians within the entire Sacramento area. I could not agree more. She has the skills and personality to give her patients the very best quality of care. I can't say enough about her.

November 19th, 2012

Best doctor EVER!

Dr. McClure has been my OBGYN doctor for 7 years. She has acted as my primary doctor and made sure I got in to see specialist to treat other health issues. She has called me at home to make sure I am doing well after procedures and she takes as much time as needed to explain everyting and answer all my questions.

November 7th, 2012

This is a doctor that really cares.

Dr. McClure is one of those doctors that has incredible insight into the suffering of her patients and understands where they are coming from. In addition to that, she is abreast of the latest procedures and treatments. I am overweight and not once have I been treated with prejudice, only kindness and caring.

September 7th, 2011

Unprofessional Gynecologist

June 23rd, 2011

I've found Dr, McClure to be absolutely wonderful. She has delt with a few of my gynocological issues - she explained everything to me and at the last minute - reassured me that it was what she said - no holding back information! She has a lovely sence of humor and even clues me in on things to look into with my other Docs.

November 30th, 2010

She saved my life

I had an ectopic pregnancy and my fallopian tube ruptured. I had internal bleeding which I almost died from. Dr. McClure performed my emergency surgery which saved my life! She put my husband, mother in law and sister at ease before and after the surgery. She was honest and thorough when explaining the procedure and the outcome of it. I am so thankful she is my OB.

November 19th, 2010

Betrayed My Trust and Permanently Injured Me

Dr. McClure repeatedly failed to diagnose Endometriosis, degenerating fibroid tumors, uterine polyp, and deep Adenomyosis even though I had the classic severe, disabling pain and symptoms every month in a pattern with menses. I had to plead with her for help with a daignosis and treatment. She was adament that I merely had IBS or a "depression" that I did not have. She said that I couldn't handle the normal "monthly discomfort" that other women take in stride each month. Unbeknownst to me, at my first appointment, Dr. McClure confused me with another patient, so in my records she wrote that despite my disabling pain and symptoms (which I KNEW were gynecological), she wrote that the "significant" thing was that my husband had left me (as though this is a valid reason why I had monthy very heavy bleeding, pain, and associated symptoms! Problem is, I have not yet married so that was truly an egregious error and antiquated "diagnosis". At an exploratory hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Dr. McClure removed a uterine polyp that she'd missed and then failed to see Endometriosis. She was supposed to do a uterine ablation, but I think she misrepresented that procedure. She saw Adenomyosis and took three deep biopsies, but did not tell me. Later she acted surprised that the pathology report showed I had Adenomyosis. I developed sudden severe pain after the hysteroscopy/ablation and called the office as instructed. No one called back, then they put me through an unnecessary and traumatic experience. I needed relief from my pain and symptoms and I knew I needed a modern minimally-invasive hysterectomy. Dr. McClure was sure that I did NOT need anything! She said to come back in a year or take anti-depressants. Finally, since I could no longer work as much as I needed to, I asked for a laparoscopic hysterectomy. Dr. McClure suggested the LAVH and planned and consented me to a LAVH. I told her that I did NOT want an old-fashioned TAH for many reasons. We agreed on a LAVH. However, on the day of my surgery, for reasons never explained to me or documented, Dr. McClure went into the OR, had me rendered unconcious, then just did a TAH. I feel violated and I can never undo the damage (nerve damage, scar tissue, adhesions, restricted incision, organs stuck together). Unfortunately for me, she also saw Endometriosis, but for no reason, just left it all the Endo disease inside me. After my surgery she lied to me by inferring she'd done a TAH AFTER starting the LAVH, after inserting the scope and after seeing the Endo. The day after my surgery, she made it clear that I no longer had Endo. This turned out to be false but neither Dr. McClure or anyone in Sutter Medical Group told me the truth. They all let me suffer for a few years in which time my life was very painful and hard. It took a few years but then a doctor finally told me the truth and then I found a Bay Area doctor who did a "repair" surgery. Despite assuring me she that she would, Dr. McClure did not order that I be given an anti-emetic in recovery room. Thus, I had easily, inexpensively preventable post-op complications from vomiting for four hours. After my surgery, when I had profuse bleeding from my ruptured open incision and other post op damage such as bladder problems, I called Dr. McClure's office numerous times but she NEVER called me back. Instead she became angrily confrontational and insisted that I had never called her. After my surgery, Dr. McClure refused to answer my questions. She said "Look, people come to me from all over, you had the best doctor." To cover up her mistakes and doing the wrong surgery and not removing the pain and symptoms causing Endo, Dr. McClure wrote intentionally false information in my medical records. Dr. McClure made mistakes in my medical care every step of the way, every time I saw her. She did not do a differential diagnosis, keep accurate medical records, diagnose me in a correct and timely manner. She gave very poor post op care. Then she told me NOT to come back to her and her office! I was not allowed to make an appointment even though I was having post surgical problems. Dr. McClure also knowingly prescribed HRT to me which worsend the Endo that I didn't know I still had. At no time did Dr. McClure have mercy on me as a patient and human being. Dr. McClure intentionally mischaracterized me in my medical records which served to impede my medical care and subject me to ridicule from other Sutter associated doctors. I suggest always getting copies of your medical records. Dr. McClure repeatedly failed me. She should have told me that she really did not do laparoscopic surgery. It's the 21st century and no woman should be subjected to a TAH if she has stated that she does not want a TAH done to her body. It's NOT modern medicine. Dr. McClure has turned me into an advovate for honesty and transparacy in medicine for women. I am in constant pain, almost four years after my surgery, thanks to Dr. McClure. While I was not concious in the hospital, my back was injured and now I face back surgery. This is not how a modern hysterectomy is supposed to be. The purpose of me writing this is to help protect other patients from having their lives needlessly ruined.

April 23rd, 2010

Dr. McClure is an exceptional doctor. She is a professional, highly knowledgeable, and caring doctor. I would, without hesitation recommend her to anyone. I have never encountered any doctor (and there have been several) that I have trusted and felt as comfortable as I have with Dr. McClure.I cannot thank her enough for her expertise and kindness!

March 31st, 2009