Internists, Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
Cal Young
1030 Willagillespie Rd
Eugene, OR 97401
541-653-9158
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Very traumatic experience...seek another doctor!  |  show details
Feb 26th, 2014

I had a very poor experience with Dr. McCorkle a few years ago. I switched OB's after experiencing a very traumatic loss. Dr. McCorkle forced medication on me very soon after my daughter died, saying "You aren't functioning." This was within days of losing my child. I didn't want to numb my pain, and that seemed to be all she wanted me to do. This encounter was after already having had poor experiences with her, leaving grieving parents waiting in a sterile waiting room for 45 minutes after learning devastating news. Her bedside manner could be rated in negative points if you ask me. I never felt important or my feeling validated. I switched doctors and went on to have beautiful children under the loving and kind care of another local doctor. I didn't know how bad Dr. McCorkle's approach was until I experienced the care of a doctor who loves their job and genuinely cares about her patients!

|  Nightmare!  |  show details
Feb 26th, 2014

Years ago I had a miscarriage (first trimester). I went to see Dr. McCorkle the day after it occurred. When I got to the office everyone seemed confused and apparently had not updated my file even though I had called I was hurting a lot emotionally and feeling really upset when she burst in the room and said loudly, “Congratulations! You are having a baby huh?”. My mouth fell open in shock. I quickly told her that I had, had a miscarriage the night before and they should have updated my chart. She looked at it and said “oh, well the nurse told me you were pregnant so that is her fault.” She didn’t apologize to me but exclaimed with a smile, “Well that was embarrassing.” Then She proceeded to blame the nurse, the staff, the office, anyone but herself. I knew for a fact it wasn’t the nurse’s fault because I told her what happened the minute I got there and she was extremely sympathetic and kind. I also noted when Dr. McCorkle left the room, that my chart did say right on top that I had a miscarriage. It was obvious that she hadn’t bothered to read it before she came in the room. When she came back in, she didn’t apologize but proceeded with an exam and was very unsympathetic. I brought with me to the appointment, the placenta so that she could look at it if she needed to. I read in a book that it is a good idea to bring it to the appointment so that the doctor can use it to confirm that a complete miscarriage had taken place. When I held out the ziplock bag I had placed it in, and told her that I had brought it, she remarked “You brought it with you? Ewwwww yuck.” Then she took out the placenta that I had in a zip lock bag and poked it once with her finger while making a grimace with her face. She then remarked, “Well it is impossible to tell anything from this and threw it away. I couldn’t believe her lack of professionalism. She then told me that I should consider a D and C in case there was anything left in my womb. I agreed and she set up the appointment for later that day. We got up to leave and she said, “Well, see you later kids, it will be fun!” Even as I write this, I can’t believe that she was so incredibly insensitive. We went to the hospital later that day as scheduled for the D and C. I didn’t know that she would be performing the procedure. I assumed someone from the hospital staff did that sort of thing. I was scared to death and even more upset when she walked in the room. Instead of asking how I was or anything about me, she completely ignored me and started ranting and raving to the staff and nurses in the room about how horrible her day had been and how she was so sick with some virus etc. and she felt like death. Great! That is the last thing I needed to hear right before I put my “life” in her hands. I have never felt so vulnerable and scared in my life. I vowed never to see her again and then the room went black. There are a few more encounters I had with her that would take too much time to write but lets just say they were equally as horrible. I didn't know she was the doctor on call in various scenarios, so I didn't know I would have to see her. I wanted to write this out because it still really bothers me that she is in practice. I am sure if all three encounters that I had with her, were so awful, then there must be a lot of other patients out there who have had similar experiences. Something needs to be done. It is her job to provide professional and caring support to her patients. It is obvious to me that she really doesn’t care about her patients. If she does, then she needs to take a few lessons in showing it properly.

|  show details
Feb 20th, 2012

Dr McCorkle has been my doctor for more than 10 years. I first went to her when she was in Springfield. She has now moved to a new practice. I was always reasonably happy when I saw her in Springfield but now that she is in her own practice my experience has been wonderful. I called for an appointment and got in the next day. The office is gorgeous. The staff is friendly, professional and doesn't ever rush me. Dr McCorkle ran on time and spent almost an hour with me. Compared to her other office, she was relaxed and thorough. Plus, she was not rushed.

|  Horrible Bedside Manner  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2011

She was not curious and neither was her staff.

|  The BEST doctor  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2011

I drove from Eugene to Bend to see Dr.McCorkle. She was genuinely interested in my perspective. She was amazing and put me at ease within 5 min of meeting her. She was able to diagnose and treat my issue, and did so in a way that validated my feelings and intuition. I will see her for any gyn issues I come across in the future.

|  Amazing management of my menopausal problems!  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2011

Since she does not do obstetrics or deliver babies, Dr McCorkle really enjoys her gynecology practice. I am so fortunate that she specializes in menopause. At my first appointment she spent more than an hour with me and my husband reviewing my history perfoming an exam and creating a plan for my problem (horrible dryness).It is obvious that she enjoys her job, the people she works with and her patients. I am so thankful for her help.

|  show details
Mar 5th, 2011

This doctor cares only about her money not her patients. She used scare tactics to perform a procedure that was not needed. Avoid this doctor !!

|  BEWARE!  |  show details
Nov 14th, 2010

The absolutely worst doctor I've ever encountered. There are many great obg doctors out there. Please don't let this person near you or your newborn. In my opinion she should NOT be allowed to practice. I wonder how many grievances she has in her official record. Many, I would expect. Please beware.

|  I love her, she is the coolest person and the best dr  |  show details
by Bev Jorgensen on Jun 29th, 2009

i would love to have her as my regular dr but she can't be. She's always so personable and kind and makes me feel important

|  Elizabeth McCorkle, MD  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Dec 8th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Dr. McCorkle was very easy to talk to. She seemed genuinely concerned about any issues I had. The staff was friendly. The office was clean. ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  OBG with Dignity  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2008

I'm so glad I found Dr. McCorkle, I hate the doctor's office and dread my annual exam. She put me at ease and my appointment flew by with no complications. Small surgical procedure took less than two minutes and was completely painless, without anesthesia.