Dr. Elizabeth Mikola MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

September 10th, 2010
I had multiple hand surgeries with little pain and few problems. Everything worked out great - even regained full use of my hand before I ever left the day surgery office (after not being able to even hold a spoon for months)

July 21st, 2010
Misdiagnosis
I sent to see Dr. Mikola because of an acute hand injury I sustained months before. I strained or tore muscles or tendons in the palm of my hand, and it wasn't healing. Mikola took an x-ray and said that I had arthritis. I may have had some indication of ongoing arthitis in a joint, but that doesn't explain the severe pain I have. I definitely tore something during an accident, but Mikola jumped to the easiest conclusion. The problem is that you can see things on an x-ray that may or may not be what is causing sharp pain. My wife was hit by a car years ago, and doctors saw all kinds of things on her x-rays. The doctor who actually helped her diagnosed a soft tissue injury, and his subsequent treatment solved the problem. Mikola did not listen to me when I described the injury, and did no range of motion testing on my hand. She is an example of what is wrong with our medical system-doctors who don't use common sense in diagnosis, run up big bills for nontreatment.

June 11th, 2010
If you value your time, DO NOT go to this doctor! She scheduled 8 surgeries for 15 minutes each, with no additional time factored in. Surgery was more than 4 hours late - not including the time to check in, see the nurses or anethesiologist...