Dr. Elizabeth Nimni MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Santa Monica, CA

April 7th, 2012
Great doctor!!!
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Nimni. The office staff was pleasant and greated me cheerfully. I forgot my referral paper that I was supposed to bring to the appointment and they took the time to call my primary doctors office to get approval. That was great because otherwise I would not have been seen that day and I drove 45 minutes and took time off work to come to see her.Once I was called into the room, I noticed that everything looked impeccable which made me feel more comfortable. I am a neat freak and a bit germ phobic so I was more at ease when I noticed this. It made me feel like the staff really cares and is concerned about the patients welfare.I have been a patient of Bay Area Physicians for over ten years but this was the first time going to Dermatology. I have to say all their doctors that I have met are excellent. My primary care doctor Fisher is excellent.Once Dr. Nimni came into the room she seemed very pleasant. She took the time to get a detailed story about my rash. She asked about all the medicines I was on, and believe me I am on a lot of them! and asked exactly when I started them and which ones I stopped before and after the rash broke out. It was no joke. I am on 12 different medicines in all. She also asked many other questions. I must have spent a total of 30 minutes with her which is pretty rare now a days with any doctor! She proceeded to look up the side effects of various medicines and informed me which ones could have caused the rash. She also told me the two most likely ones.I had to go back to my primary care to see if he could substitute some other medicines for the two she told me could be the cause of my rash. He ended up changing them.It took about two weeks for my rash to go a way completely. I was given some creams to help with the itch which did help.I was a stress case through the whole thing and called Dr. Nimni twice before my next appointment with her. She seemed reassured that my rash was slowly getting better which made me feel better.It has been a while since the rash resolved and I just saw Dr. Nimni for something else. I dont usually write reviews but felt compelled to tell my story.I would really recommend this doctor to anyone who is looking for a dermatologist who is really knows their stuff and takes the time to get to know their patients. Unfortunately, from some of the stories I read this is not always the case.

April 13th, 2010
Good Experience
Easy office visit. Cured promptly. Doctor effiecient.

February 10th, 2010
FABULOUS DOCTOR!!!
I went in to see Dr. Nimni for acne and she saw a tiny spot on my cheek. I hadn't even noticed it. She said we needed to check it so she did a biopsy. Turned out to be an early melanoma!She was great in getting it out quickly, Scar is barely noticeable. She saved me from a horrible fate and I am thankful to her. I will always stick with her for my regular skin checks. I highly recommend her. She is also super sweet and patient.

September 30th, 2009
Great doctor!
I was very satisfied with the care I received. Highly recommend Dr. Nimni and staff!

September 28th, 2009
d.n.
I went to Los Angeles County hospital to be seen for some spots I developed while traveling in the middle east. The resident that saw me was in his first year and examined my skin from head to toe and took a long history from me. He then brought in Dr. Nimni to examine me. She seemed to know what it was right away. Said she had seen this before many times while she was a resident at U.S.C.. The resident took two biopsies from my skin and told me to come back in two weeks to get the stitches removed and results back. I went back in two weeks and had the stitches removed. They told me the results were not back yet and that they were running some special tests. Meanwhile I wasn't getting any new spots thank goodness. When I went back again they explained to me that I had gotten an infection that is not that uncommon in the middle east. After several weeks of treatment the spots are going away. Dr. Nimni and the resident saved my life and I am very grateful. They were both excellent!!

August 25th, 2009
Anonymous
I thought Dr. Nimni was fabulous. I found her easy to talk to and to be a very astute listener. I never felt rushed. I had two visits for my eczema and the medicines worked well. I will be returning as needed and will refer my friends and family to her.

August 21st, 2009
kimber
Very happy with Dr. Nimni. Professional, kind, patient and cured me of my acne!

June 15th, 2009
I had seen Dr. Nimni for 6 or 7 years and was in the middle of cancer treatment with her and all of a sudden she quits her practice without notifying me- a longtime patient in the middle of treatment.