Dr. Elizabeth Oldfield MD Patient Reviews

3.9

February 26th, 2016
Money over Health
I am sure that Dr. Oldfield makes her patients feel good when they are in the exam room, however, I do genuinely think that her priorities are skewed. I would never recommend going to this office if you're looking for a doctor that makes your health and well-being their #1 priority. My personal experience was awful. Dr. Oldfield was recommended to me by another doctor during a completely unrelated visit. I have previously visited another doctor in the same building but she is so fantastic that it became a challenge to see her so I decided to give Dr. Oldfield a chance instead of making an appointment with my previous doctor. When I made the appointment, the person on the phone acknowledged that I used to be a patient of another doctor and I confirmed. I updated all of my information, made my appointment and anxiously waited (I am a PCOS patient and I've been dealing with some stressful symptoms so I'm VERY nervous and ready to get everything under control). I received a call confirming my appointment 3 days prior- everything seemed fine. Long story short, I showed up and was informed that I have a balance due ($324) from my last doctor that I haven't been to in YEARS. I had NO idea. I offered to make a payment and apologized but I was also confused as to why this wasn't mentioned when I made an appointment almost a month ago. She gave me a statement of my charges which was from 2012... I was beyond confused and embarrassed! She said that a partial payment may not be enough but she said the doctors do make accepting so she would ask Dr Oldfield and see if she would still see me. So I sit down, fill out ALL of the paperwork to be called back up and told that Dr. Oldfield refuses to see me until I pay the full balance. It took everything I had not to burst into tears!!!! I had been waiting for this appointment, had NO idea that there was a balance due and then $324 was holding me back from getting treatment that I desperately need???????? You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!! This doctor cares so much more about such a minuscule amount of money than treating her patients!!!!! I walked to my old doctors office and they were floored. They confirmed that it was wrong for an appointment to be made without telling me about the balance due, and that the doctor shouldn't have turned me away- ESPECIALLY over such a small amount of money! They felt terrible and they confirmed that my account was in a category that would have prevented me from getting statements- there's no way I could've known that I owed anything still. They allowed me to make a partial payment and schedule an appointment. I am appalled and so disappointed in doctors like Elizabeth Oldfield who obviously think that the value of such a small balance is much more than the health of their patients. My recommendation would be to avoid this office if at all possible. There are so many other doctors in Nashville that won't make you feel like dollar signs are more important that your health. Dr. Oldfield, you should be ashamed of yourself.

January 19th, 2016
Find someone who actually cares
Dr. Oldfield ONLY cares about pregnant patients. I went several times and always left feeling dismissed, upset and would cry. I have had many complications in my past including fibroids and cyst ruptures. When I would give her my background her eyes would gloss over like she could care less, as if my health and history was irrelevent. I also expressed the increasing pain I was getting the week leading up to and during my period. With out asking any questions, she just recommended I take more advil. After changing doctors it was revealed that I have endometriosis. I have since had surgeries due to the severity of the disease growing around my uterus. I would/will never recommend her. save yourself the frustration and find someone who does due dilligence and actually cares.

February 8th, 2013
Waited for over an hour once I was called back my weight was taken and I waited 45min. I understand people run behind at least let me know!! It's frustrating to sit in a chair for 45min waiting! At least check on the patient or let them know you did not forget them!!

October 31st, 2012
Dr. Oldfield delivered my daughter who is now 24. Dr. Oldfield is now my daughter's primary GYN and is still mine as well after all this time. She is professional and caring.

August 15th, 2012
Simply the best!
I have been going to Dr. Oldfield for 16 years. She's as sweet today as she was back then. Highly respected by her patients and other doctors in the area.

February 21st, 2011
My daughter is 23 years old. Dr. Oldfield was my doctor when she was born, and she is now my daughter's physician as well. Dr. Oldfield is caring and listens to her patients. She is not patronizing or condescending as some physicians can be. She is straight forward, practical and I would recommend her to anyone.

August 29th, 2010
Would NOT share information with me concerning my minor child who was also a pt. of Oldfield. My childs pap smear came back positive for cervical dysplagia. Which by the way is pre-cancerous cells on the cervix. I was first put on hold for "35" minutes. Then when I finally talked to the nurse she said she couldn't discuss the issue with me even though my child was a minor. And even though my name and number were on my child's chart for contact, they contacted the minor child directly. I'm finding someone new for both of us.

March 4th, 2010
Wonderful doctor!
Wonderful doctor, fantastic person. I have been so pleased with her care.

March 2nd, 2010
HIGHLY recommend Dr. Oldfield
My experience has been nothing short of perfect. Dr4. Oldfield is pleasant, knowledgable, easy to talk to, answers any questions I have, office staff friendly and professional, followup is excellent.