Dr. Elizabeth Pernal MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 16th, 2016
Today was my first appointment. It was by far the best experience I have ever had with a new doctors visit. I read a couple of the other reviews and can't disagree more with some of the comments. From the second I walked in I was completely comfortable. The receptionist was very pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable. The nurse was kind and personable, and the doctor was very helpful and answered all of my questions. I would recommend this office to anyone! Thank you to the entire staff for such a great experience.

January 8th, 2016
This is by far the best office! The receptionist was extremely patient and accommodating when I called for my first time appointment. The nurse walked me through everything and Doctor Pernal was so sweet and attentive. I would reccomend this office to anyone looking for a gyn.

February 21st, 2015
Terrible Experience
I was very disappointed and upset with the care I received in this office. From the start, the receptionist was very cold and unfriendly, but nothing I couldn't overlook and chalk up to a bad day. Before I really get into it, one positive thing I can say is that Dr. Pernal was proficient with the actual examination, but that's where the praise ends. After the examination, Dr. Pernal was literally inching towards the door as I tried to ask her questions regarding several issues I was concerned with, and then she left after offering to run a few tests and suggested I do more "googling" to decide my options. Finally as I was squaring everything away with the receptionist, Dr. Pernal had failed to document the specifics of the tests, and I had to explain my very personal health issues out in the lobby with several other women within earshot. I was so humiliated I sat out in my car and cried. This was by far my worst gynecological experience, and I would never recommend this office or doctor.

December 13th, 2013
After months of suffering pain, I FINALLY found a Gyn that knew what was wrong with me. Dr. Pernal was my 4th Gyn I tried and the one who properly diagnosed me. She took the time to explain what my issue was, and offered several solutions. She made me feel comfortable and at ease. I trust her care and am so happy I found her. Thank you Dr. Pernal and staff!

August 7th, 2013
Front Desk staff could use some customer service training
I have been seeing Dr. Pernal for a number of years now. The past few visits I have been surprised by the lack of friendliness at the front desk. I took it in stride each time, giving the benefit of the doubt. However I recently referred a friend of mine and when she called to inquire about services, the front desk staff was very abrupt on the phone and actually hung up on her. I love Dr. Pernal and I think she provides a great service to the women and families in our community. I do hope she can provide her staff with some customer service training.

September 11th, 2012
pleased
was very pleased with the atmosphere and professionalism

July 7th, 2012
Dr. Pernal is amazing, she is very down to earth with her patients. she keeps her calm, and explains everything in a manner that doesn't scare you (and i am a guy)...She has shown compassion and kindness to my girlfriend from the time she began to see Dr. Pernal. She has delivered three of my girlfriends babies and she continues to care about what is happening with all three of them. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Pernal to anyone looking for an OBGYN in the Salisbury area.

September 5th, 2011
Dr Pernal makes you feel like you've known each other your whole life.

January 31st, 2011
i would never in my life recommend this doctor to any woman! she does not care about her patients or their health! she is completely lazy and does things on her own time no matter what kind of pain you are in.

July 29th, 2009
Dr. Pernal delevered both of my girls, she was very attentive to my needs and concerns. Ordered extra sonograms for my 2nd daughter because I had low fluid, she was right on top of everything. She is very calm and easy going which makes you feel relaxed.