Dr. Elizabeth Seaquist MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

April 16th, 2012

October 29th, 2009
Great doctor!
I read the previous comments and was really surprised! I've gone to Dr Seaquist for over 20 yrs and I absolutely love her. She's been very informative and up-to-date for me. She's always taken the time to laugh and chat during appts (yes, she sits down during my appts) and let's me ask any questions (without interruption). She's been available between appts and when she changes treatments, she always explains why. She always asks if I have any further questions and is very non-judgmental about reasons why my disease may have been controlled less than ideally on my part (more than other doctors). I think she's great!

October 28th, 2009
Rude, Egomaniac Doctor
I agree with what other reviewers have said about Dr. Seaquist. She is definitely not a people person. I found her to be very offensive. I had to see an intern before I saw her. She was nice, but the poor thing is having to use this cold-hearted doctor as a role model. OMG! Dr. Seaquist shoots questions at you like she is giving you the third degree, and then interrupts and doesn't let you fully respond. She jumps to incorrect assumptions. When I used a medical term, she got a smirk on her face and acted offended because I was using medical "lingo" -- like the lay person has no right to know any medical terms. She asked me if I knew what the term meant. I told her precisely what the term meant. She just ran the same tests my regular doctor ran, even though she had all my medical records. When I told her that he sent me to her for more advanced testing, she said that she would be the judge of whether I needed that test. She said she didn't think I needed it, and I didn't go back to her. Why do people like her become doctors? I agree that she probably should just be doing tests on mice in some basement lab...definitely not working with the human species.

October 27th, 2009
A Cold Doctor
I wouldn't recommend Dr. Seaquist to anyone. She is a cold, crass, physician with no bedside manner and an abrasive personality. She is not a good listener. She just kept telling me all my tests were normal and implied that I needed mental help. I asked to see a different doctor in the group because I didn't like her. The new doctor ran one more test and told me I had problems with my thyroid. She said normally the other thyroid test results show normal so they run this test in suspicious cases. Dr. Seaquist never recommended this test because she thought I was just a mental case.

October 24th, 2009
Not a Pleasant Experience
Saw this doctor on tv yesterday, something about a medical expo. Reminded me I needed to leave feedback. Went to her a few times less than a year back for a stubborn medical problem. She is very traditional and didn't have anything to offer that my regular family doc didn't already try. Lacks communication skills. Ran the same tests my doc ran and found nothing new. Went back to my regular doc, and he said he never meant for me to see her. Was assigned to a younger doc under her, and she took over. Regular doc said she has a reputation for being a "B." He wanted me to see someone who had more modern theories, so sent me to a different place. Tried out some newer experimental meds that made me feel 110% better within a month. Moral of the story is: Ask around about the doctor before you see one and know what kind of doc you're looking for. How two different doc having such different ideas can both call themselves endocrinologists is beyond me.

October 23rd, 2009
Crude, Rude, Obnoxious Doctor
Don't go to her. She is loud-mouthed, doesn't listen, interrupts when you talk, & is very opinionated. She ran a couple blood tests & basically told me everything was in my head. Saw a different doctor who ran a scan and did a complete workup. He found a nodule on my thyroid. After treatment, I feel great at last.

October 22nd, 2009
Very Rude, Insensitive Physician
This doctor may be very knowledgeable in her specialty; however, I believe she is past her prime in knowledge. She is old-school, very anal, does not believe in new theories regarding my condition, does not listen or let her patients talk, and was an immense disappointment. I wanted someone who was very experienced, but she has her mind set on what she was taught way back when and refused to listen to what I heard about new theories about the latest research. She was very critical of my current physician, and was extremely rude just generally. She comes off as being a very cold person who should be in a lab doing research, but certainly not treating human beings. Even one of her residents under her commented that Dr. Seaquist isn't known for her bedside manner and is not flexible in her treatment recommendations. She would not even sit down when talking to me; she just stood and talked DOWN to me. I would not recommend her to anyone, except maybe a laboratory mouse. I left her office in tears and found another endocrinologist who actually listened to me, was willing to try new treatments, and resolved my problem. I haven't felt so good in 8 years.