Dr. Elizabeth Skinner DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 20th, 2015
Caring Doctor
Doctor Skinner is both my husband's and my family doctor. She has been our doctor for several years. She listens to our problems. She sometime gets off the primary reason for our visit but always in a very professional manner. She has really been concerned about every medical problem we have, often referring us to other doctors for follow up. She has herself made personal calls to our home when she was concerned with test results or the results of our visit with the other doctors she had referred us too. Doctor Elizabeth Skinner is a good doctor. She loves her patients and cares for their well being.

March 11th, 2013
Complicated Cases Should Consider Other Doctors
I required a new primary care doctor due to an insurance change. I called this office and explained that I had a complicated medical condition that required management and considerable time from my primary care doctor and they recommended Dr. Skinner saying she was very thorough. As we first met, she was pleasant. However, as the appointment progressed and I tried to review my medical conditions with her she repeatedly interrupted me, saying statements including the following: "Oh, I don't need to know about that. That's why you see your specialist," and "That's a common condition" (It in fact is not at all common plus my subset is a rare variant that complicates treatment of the simplest situations). WHen I told my neurologist she said my condition was common, he shook his head and said "No, it is not at all." I also noticed that she had stopped looking at me when she talked to me as I continued to try to tell her what was going on and what I needed of her right now. She again interrupted me and said she didn't need to know details. And I said, "Why do I see you then?" ANd she said, "Oh, for a cold or broken bone. That kind of thing." Regarding one of my medications, it is an off-label prescription and she needed to enter it in there system a certain way, and she refused to do it, after the medical group already told me to tell her about the medication and that she WOULD enter it that way in their system. She left the office to handle a request for a follow-up test by a specialist, but she did not say anything to indicate she was not returning. I sat alone for ten minutes until a nurse came in to say I was finished. I was stunned that she didn't even have the common courtesy to say goodbye. I contacted the medical group and lodged a complaint. The medical group followed up with her and she acknowledged being overwhelmed by the complexity of my case and said I should get another doctor. I have since started with a different primary care doctor who has been WONDERFUL.

August 23rd, 2016