Dr. Elizabeth Vaughan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2
  • 14 reviews

September 23rd, 2016
If you want an absolutely thorough review of your health, including vitamin or mineral deficiencies, and food allergies, Dr. Vaughan is hands down the doctor to see. Dr. Vaughan is interested not only in curing illness, but creating vitality. I felt that I could achieve my healthiest self under her care. She will not prescribe medication to treat your symptoms, rather she will tell you what you need to do to eliminate the symptom and truly cure what ailed you before the symptom manifested in the first place.

February 7th, 2016
Very helpful & pleasant
Dr. Vaughn takes the time to listen to her patients. She is genuinely interested in helping them get better. She is a wonderful, pleasant person. She and her staff do what they can to make the patients feel welcome and at ease in the office.

December 9th, 2015
Impolite, rude and offensive. Money hungry and forgetful. Downright insulting! Rude staff. Almost impossible to have reasonable questions answered. Very unprofessional. But as for the health store, friendly, helpful sweet employees.

January 13th, 2014
terrible and money hungry

April 28th, 2013
Former patient
STAY AWAY! I was once a patient of Dr. Vaughn's a few years back. At that time I was very impressed with the care I received. I relocated and recently returned to the area and desired to re-establish and called to schedule an appointment for a complete physical. I was told by an employee with obviously no medical background that this was not possible. That Dr. Vaughn needs regular appointments for continued treatment. WHAT, continued treatment, I have not even been seen yet. In a nut shell, this practice with all it's so-called therapies and hoops to jump through is looking to establish you the patients as a long term financial source. The main goal is obviously your money, not your health.

March 1st, 2013
good experience
In reading all the reviews.....I think a lot of this comes down to what you go and see her for. I had been going to the Urologist for several years for what I thought was chronic prostitius. I was in constant pain and on my last visit I was told I might need to pursue "psychological reasons" for my pain. I wish I had such a conveneint excuse when I had no answer at my job. After my second visit with Dr Vaughn, she diagnosed me with an infection of my bladder lining. This condition often occurs in women, but rarely in men. When it does occur in men....it often gets misdiagnosed as chronic prostititus. In a WEEK I was pain free. After 3 frigging years! I could have kissed her. The reason she figured it out was because SHE ASKED TONS OF QUESTIONS. Something most Dr's don't do! I still use her as my primary Dr. I don't do everything she does there....like chelation, but there is no pressure to do so either. She is a bit quirky but wicked smart. I like the fact that she uses conventional meds when called for....but doesn't shut her mind to more holistic alternatives. If you want a pill from a commercial you just saw....go to someone else.

January 29th, 2012
A modern country doctor
As of 2012, this will be my third year as a patient of Dr. Vaughan. My initial visit was prompted by a revelation in one of her locally-published health articles. To paraphrase what she says is a common complaint of patients, "I know I'm not sick, but I don't feel as well as I think I should". This echoed with me. In the years leading up to my first visit with her, I was experiencing a growing list of annoying symptoms that were eroding my quality of life: severe intestinal bloating, brain fog, occasional anxiety, hand tremor, lethargy, poor recovery between workouts.I was in my mid-forties and had practiced most of the popular health recommendations since my early twenties: exercise, eat wholesome foods, take vitamins, use olive oil, relax. My only vices were coffee and pastries. When I approached doctors about some of these symptoms they dismissed them as inevitable symptoms of aging. One reluctantly agreed to test my testosterone level after I read about male andropause but reported that my level was in the "acceptable range" albeit the low end.Since my symptoms didn't collectively point to a defined text-book condition that the insurance companies consider a valid health concern, the doctors were understandably reluctant to explore it further. They certainly arent going to order tests they will have to defend later, or have to collect the cost of from surprised patients. And even though insurers are promoting wellness in addition to healthy vital signs in their marketing these days, they wont pay doctors to pursue it.Doctors that practice traditionally-taught medicine exclusively are known as "allopathic" doctors. Doctors who expand their medical knowledge to include alternative theories and health remedies are known as "integrative-medicine" doctors, which Dr. Vaughan is one of. I imagine most of Dr. Vaughan's patients sought her out because their original doctors were ineffective. Dr. Vaughan has the courage to regard her traditional medical training as one component of her broader, open-minded approach and not as a definitive doctrine. Nevertheless, even though her recommendations often involve non-pharmacological approaches (Diets, supplements, spa treatments, etc.), she justifies and measures their effectiveness with conventional medical tests.Dr. Vaughan reminds me of a country doctor shes educated but doesnt allow that to overrule common sense and wisdom. Unlike most doctors Ive met, she divulges her reasoning behind her recommendations. She doesnt assume patients are unable to grasp complex concepts involving biology or chemistry. She expects you to be a participant in your recovery rather than a passive observer. My own recovery is a continuing process. I made awesome improvements but they require continued maintenance to enjoy.I highly recommend this passionate maverick to anyone who wants to feel as healthy as their vital signs suggest they should.

March 30th, 2011
Do not waste your money or time.
From the very start I should have known. I called first to ask the doctor a question. I was told to go the website and email her, which I did...I get a email back from a guy that explained that he is her "personal assistant." What??? I did not even get an answer he wrote me back tell me that the doctor cannot diagnose anyone over email. My question was about some medicine I was taking and if I should bring it with me on my visit. I never got an answer. Very disorganized office and the doctor spent most of her the time telling me about herself how she once was a sex symbol and wore very little then she changed herself. She told me I can change myself at points in my life. At times she was rambling. Will never go back Dr. Vaughan. It is a scam for your money.

February 25th, 2011
Beware!!!
After suffering with an undiagnosed illness for a very long time I was relieved to finally find someone who knew how to treat me. The only problem was, she treated my wallet and I did not get better.There were some really nice people helping in her office when I began going there but it was clear they were overworked and had to put up with a lot of strain from dealing with her mood swings. By the time I stopped seeing her, NOT ONE person from the original staff was left. It became impossible to reach even a receptionist on a phone...one of the selling points of her practice had been the accessibility of her staff and herself, HA! Trying to get an appointment or a refill became almost impossible. The Dr. seemed to have a new test or diagnoses for me each time I was there. Very expensive and very little in return. I left frustrated and angry, feeling like a customer at Kmart paying Tiffany prices. I would be quite careful before spending too much time or money at this practice but if you hang around long enough you'll find out for yourself. To her former employees, Bless you!

June 4th, 2010
New to this doctor. So far I have had a good experience. Not sure why others are so negative. Maybe expectations are higher when you pay out-of-pocket? My insurance reimbursed almost everything. Be careful, ask a lot of questions and follow up on your own. Dr. cannot spoon feed you advice and directions. I found you have to be attentive because there's a lot of info to absorb regarding testing and supplements.

March 2nd, 2010
Mixed opinion about Dr.Vaughan....
I have mixed feelings about Dr. Vaughan...She is the one that finally diagnosed my Hypothyroidism and for that I am thankful...But, I felt like she pushed the supplements too much...And during one of my visits she spent most of the appointment telling me how treat my heel pain!! I felt that my visit was wasted...The last straw for me was her disorganized staff...There were multiple turnovers during the 3 months I was a patient there...And a few times I felt like I was getting an attitude from her CMA(ROSA)...I had an issue with getting a medicine called in correctly...Then I had it mailed to me so I could take it to the pharmacy...It somehow got "lost" in the mail and I never got it...I had been dealing with one CMA(LaVonda?) about this issue and then suddenly got a call from Rosa...I tried to explain to her that my prescription was suppose to be for a 90 day supply with 3 refills(for mail order)...Her reply to me was, "Oh THAT will never happen"...So rude...but yet I was still getting the bill of $25.00 to write the prescription(WHAT doctor charges for that??)....I just got totally fed up with this office and the way it was run....

December 15th, 2009
I was very disappointed in my experiences with Dr. Vaughan. She was constantly rushed, very cold and uncaring, and it was impossible to get in touch with either her or her staff when I had questions. She did not want to spend any time with me, and she obviously cares only about money and how many patients she can see in the course of a day. Stay away from this doctor!